Windows 10: Corrupt System Image failed DISM /RestoreHelth

Discus and support Corrupt System Image failed DISM /RestoreHelth in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi helpful people, I am having a problem with corrupt files on my new laptop. I have followed the tutorials - sfc /scannow, dism /online... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Corn3rTabl3, Feb 10, 2021.

1. Corrupt System Image failed DISM /RestoreHelth

Hi helpful people,

I am having a problem with corrupt files on my new laptop.

I have followed the tutorials - sfc /scannow, dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth, etc - but I don't seem to be getting anywhere.

I've included some extracts of the log files, and hope they are useful, and would be grateful for any help and instruction.

The log files at the moment:
    1. A DISM log extract for the last unsuccessful repair (there's been a lot) DISM run
    2. A CBS log extract related to the above operation
    3. A CBS log extract for a DISM operation after reboot which shows 2 repaired files along with the 6 files which seem unrepairable
    4. A CBS log extract for a DISM operation run after the operation in 3 which shows the usual 6 corrupted and unrepaired files.

I don't know what I don't know but it seems that this issue is causing Windows 10 cumulative updates not to install and problems with Windows 10 verifying the latest nvidia drivers for my gpu, and perhaps causing Easy Anti-Cheat to trigger when playing games.

My windows version build is: 19042.631 running 20H2.

:)

Corn3rTabl3, Feb 10, 2021
  2. zbook Win User

Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Feb 10, 2021
  3. DISM - Parameter "Cleanup-Image" is not known (error 87)

Hello Eric,

To troubleshoot your concern, we suggest that you run DISM Restore Health command. Refer to the steps provided below:

• Open Command Prompt (Administrator).
    • Type the following command:
    DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

3. Press Enter.

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Stephanie Sal, Feb 10, 2021
  4. Xercaium Win User

Corrupt System Image failed DISM /RestoreHelth

Use DISM to Repair Windows 10 Image  

Even doing a clean install of Windows 10 gives corrupt files. Dism seems useless in Windows 10 or in it's current build. I've tried all suggested steps and doing a clean install as a last resort and still get Error: 0x800f081f.

So if the official ISO and upgrade from Microsoft is corrupted, how would someone fix this issue? The reason for me using Dism was because I was getting errors using Windows image backup and powershell giving errors, not sure if there's any other issues.

Xercaium, Feb 10, 2021
Thema:

Corrupt System Image failed DISM /RestoreHelth

1. Corrupt System Image failed DISM /RestoreHelth - Similar Threads - Corrupt System Image

2. System corruption. DISM, SFC corrupted.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System corruption. DISM, SFC corrupted.: Hello,I have been having issues with corruption on my operating system.I have tried updating my windows and it hasn't worked. I have tried the Windows Update Troubleshooter, it had done nothing at all. I even system restored.I have tried DISM and SFC, but they are corrupt...
  3. System corruption. DISM, SFC corrupted.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System corruption. DISM, SFC corrupted.: Hello,I have been having issues with corruption on my operating system.I have tried updating my windows and it hasn't worked. I have tried the Windows Update Troubleshooter, it had done nothing at all. I even system restored.I have tried DISM and SFC, but they are corrupt...
  4. System corruption. DISM, SFC corrupted.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Corrupted data and failed SFC, DISM, and CHKDISK

Corrupted data and failed SFC, DISM, and CHKDISK: I seem to have files that cannot be fixed no matter what I try. Things I've tried: - sfc /scannow many times, each time stopping at 17% and saying the following: Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation - DISM /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth....
  6. Corruption not repairable, DISM is also failing to repair

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Corruption not repairable, DISM is also failing to repair: Hi I wanted to know is there a reason why DISM is failing to repair the component store under impossible to find the sources files error.The sfc return those errors :p CSI Payload Corrupt n...
  7. Corruption not repairable, DISM is also failing to repair

Corruption not repairable, DISM is also failing to repair: Hi I wanted to know is there a reason why DISM is failing to repair the component store under impossible to find the sources files error.The sfc return those errors :p CSI Payload Corrupt n...
  8. System Image Failing- Corrupt MFT

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Image Failing- Corrupt MFT: When trying the backup and restore system image backup I get the error “the backup failed” due to a device error, suggesting to run check disk. Error code 0x8007045D. Ran check disk and no issues. Bought a new external to backup to, and same issue.Then tried with Macrium...
  9. System Image Failing- Corrupt MFT

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System Image Failing- Corrupt MFT: When trying the backup and restore system image backup I get the error “the backup failed” due to a device error, suggesting to run check disk. Error code 0x8007045D. Ran check disk and no issues. Bought a new external to backup to, and same issue.Then tried with Macrium...
  10. Windows Corrupted files sfc and DISM image recovery fails

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Corrupted files sfc and DISM image recovery fails: Hello everyone I have been trying to fix my windows 10 corrupted files but I have been unabled to recover it. I tried every possible way of recovering using DISM commands, but to no avail. I tried also the sfc /scannow but as usual this command hardly ever fixes issues...