Windows 10: Corrupt tile data base, start menu + cortana + taskbar functionality lost + edge browser...

Discus and support Corrupt tile data base, start menu + cortana + taskbar functionality lost + edge browser... in Cortana to solve the problem; To those of you who have lost start button functionality, cortana functionality, taskbar functionality, have a corrupt tile data base and have tried... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by AliQureshi1, Oct 30, 2018.

1. Corrupt tile data base, start menu + cortana + taskbar functionality lost + edge browser...

To those of you who have lost start button functionality, cortana functionality, taskbar functionality, have a corrupt tile data base and have tried all the recommended tricks with no luck, there might be another option. It has worked for me and resolved most if not all of these issues. I'm not technical in any way so please do not ask me any technically related questions. Also, this was done for me and now I continue to do this procedure every time I re-start-up my pc; if you do not shut down your pc but lock it instead, you will not have to redo this procedure. The steps are below:

1. Get to task manager by either ctrl + alt + del and select task manager or directly by ctrl + shift + esc

2. Under the processes tab locate and select (highlight only, no need to get into the drop down option) Service Host: Windows Push Notifications User Service. There will be some letters and numbers after this option but not important.

3. Once selected click on end task at bottom right of window; a new window will pop up, check the box which says abandon unsaved data and shut down; then click on shut down beside it!!

As I said, it practically solved most if not all my issues. Why it works, no idea! I'm just glad it finally worked and got my pc back into a normal mode even if I have to repeat this procedure every time I restart my pc!

:)

AliQureshi1, Oct 30, 2018

2. Corrupt tile data base, start menu + cortana + taskbar functionality lost + edge browser not working

To those of you who have lost start button functionality, cortana functionality, taskbar functionality, have a corrupt tile data base and have tried all the recommended tricks with no luck, there might be another option. It has worked for me and resolved
    most if not all of these issues. I'm not technical in any way so please do not ask me any technically related questions. Also, this was done for me and now I continue to do this procedure every time I re-start-up my pc; if you do not shut down your pc but
    lock it instead, you will not have to redo this procedure. The steps are below:

1. Get to task manager by either ctrl + alt + del and select task manager or directly by ctrl + shift + esc

2. Under the processes tab locate and select (highlight only, no need to get into the drop down option) Service Host: Windows Push Notifications User Service. There will be some letters and numbers after this option but not important.

3. Once selected click on end task at bottom right of window; a new window will pop up, check the box which says abandon unsaved data and shut down; then click on shut down beside it!!

As I said, it practically solved most if not all my issues. Why it works, no idea! I'm just glad it finally worked and got my pc back into a normal mode even if I have to repeat this procedure every time I restart my pc!

AliQureshi1, Nov 9, 2018
  3. Lost Cortana tile

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand you have attempted to pin Cortana to start screen but the tile is not appearing. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

What exactly are you trying to do?

Method 1: If you want Cortana on the Start Screen, follow the steps below.

• If you want to Pin it to Start screen.
    • Search for Cortana app and right click on it to Pin to Start or Taskbar.
    If the issue persist I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if that helps.

Method 2: System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

To perform SFC Scan, refer to the below link:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833

Note: Steps mentioned for Windows 8/8.1, will work fine with Windows 10.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Nachappa C K, Nov 9, 2018
  4. Corrupt tile data base, start menu + cortana + taskbar functionality lost + edge browser...

No tiles are appearing and edge browser

Original title: windows 10 start menu and edge

Hie there, I am Shaheem,

I recently encountered a problem with my start menu windows 10.

When I click on the start menu I found that there are no tiles appearing anymore and only the app list displays with size shrunk than that before.

Also the Microsoft Edge Browser has disappeared from the app list and the task bar icon is missing too.

I checked the app list to check if it is hidden but found nothing.

this has happened for the 3rd time in the last 1 month. plz suggest an easy solution.

Besides the above issues I am also unable to use Cortana and it shows that there is some problem with the Language and Region settings of my PC whereas I have tried to change the settings and use it but it doesn't work.

Thankyou.

ShaheemMomin, Nov 9, 2018
Thema:

Corrupt tile data base, start menu + cortana + taskbar functionality lost + edge browser...

1. Corrupt tile data base, start menu + cortana + taskbar functionality lost + edge browser... - Similar Threads - Corrupt tile data

2. Start menu and taskbar not functioning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start menu and taskbar not functioning: The start menu today is not working even taskbar does not respond and will make my Windows freeze however the strange thing is the search box is working properly without problem. I can make searches and will provide result on the other hand start menu failed to launch every...
  3. Start menu and taskbar not functioning

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start menu and taskbar not functioning: The start menu today is not working even taskbar does not respond and will make my Windows freeze however the strange thing is the search box is working properly without problem. I can make searches and will provide result on the other hand start menu failed to launch every...
  4. Start menu and taskbar not functioning

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Lost start menu function

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost start menu function: Keep clicking on start menu but it will not open. I tried to use the shortcut key on the keyboard and it is still the same. How can I open it? I have Windows 10 Acer laptop and it is working yesterday....
  6. Lost start menu function

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lost start menu function: Keep clicking on start menu but it will not open. I tried to use the shortcut key on the keyboard and it is still the same. How can I open it? I have Windows 10 Acer laptop and it is working yesterday....
  7. Lost start menu function

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Start menu pinned tiles lost

Start menu pinned tiles lost: Hello to all, Yesterday I have done the following Windows update: https://support.microsoft.com/nl-nl/help/4551762/windows-10-update-kb4551762 Now I see that I also moved to Version 1909, too. … and ever since all my pinned programs in the Start menu are gone not the...
  9. start menu and taskbar is not functioning

start menu and taskbar is not functioning: what should I do to fix the start menu and taskbar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-and-taskbar-is-not-functioning/83811cce-2f9b-43de-9a33-7036cdec4a22
  10. Start Menu corruption: "Tile database is corrupt"

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu corruption: "Tile database is corrupt": Since updating Windows 10 to version 1803, I noticed that at the bottom of my Start Menu there is a category "Other" and one item under that category listed as "ms-resource:appDisplayName". When I click on it, it opens a page in Windows Store where I can check for app...