Windows 10: Corrupt User Profile after Windows 10 1909 Update.

Discus and support Corrupt User Profile after Windows 10 1909 Update. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I noticed none of my music files were linking with Media Monkey. Upon looking for them I found all the library folders and contents were in a Temp... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by captain835, Mar 2, 2020.

1. Corrupt User Profile after Windows 10 1909 Update.

I noticed none of my music files were linking with Media Monkey. Upon looking for them I found all the library folders and contents were in a Temp folder. My profile and library folders were originally in Users/Compa. Now they are in Users/Compa.000 which I understand is a Temporary Folder. Also, the only thing left in my profile Users/Compa are the following: See Image The dates on the files coincide with the date of the 1909 update 2/26/2020. How can I correct this?

Corrupt User Profile after Windows 10 1909 Update. db60cbc6-cce0-4b82-9678-f7f778d4f5ac?upload=true.jpg

:)

captain835, Mar 2, 2020
  2. Jonas Flo Win User

Corrupted User Profile

Hi,

There maybe a couple of reasons behind this misbehavior such as a corrupted system file. However, we would like to be able to verify which process exactly is corrupted.

• When you install, does it give you any form of error message when it fails?
    • What other processes doesn't go through on the said User account?

As per troubleshooting, you may refer to
    Likhitha V
    's response on this thread. See if it applies to you. However,
    just to give you a heads up. The steps are about creating a new user profile and deleting the current one. I suggest you back up your files so you may be able to transfer it. You can also find information about it on the same thread.

We'll be waiting for your response. If you have any other concerns, don't hesitate to come back to us.

Jonas Flo, Mar 2, 2020
  3. I can't create a New User Profile that is Not Corrupt! Please Help!

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing in creating the new user profile on your device. Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

As a work around, I suggest you to enable the built-in administrator account, log-in with the admin account to create a new user profile and check if you are able to check. This will let us know if the issue persists with user account or the operating system.

Step 1: Follow the steps to enable Built-in admin account.

Enable Built-in administrator.

• Press Windows + X key together on your desktop screen.
    • Click on Command Prompt (admin) to open
      Command Prompt
    • Type the following command and hit Enter:
    • net user administrator /active: yes (Check for the spaces)
    4. Now log off from the current user and try to login to the administrator account that is enabled.  

Note: Please follow the same steps and type net user administrator /active: no to disable admin account after the troubleshooting is done. 

Step 2: Refer to the articles to create a test user account/ Microsoft account respectively.

For Local account: Create a local user account in Windows 10

For Microsoft account: Help with Microsoft account

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of creating new user profile for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Mar 2, 2020
  4. Corrupt User Profile after Windows 10 1909 Update.

Windows 10 1909 Causes Secondary Hard Drive to not be Recognized

Installing the Windows 10 1909 Update causes my secondary hard drive to not be recognized.

Steps to confirm issue:

• Secondary drive not visible in Windows Explorer
    • Secondary drive not visible in device manager
    • Secondary drive not visible in disk manager

Steps to replicate issue:

• Installing 1909 update

Steps to resolve issue:

• Uninstall 1909 update

Since updates can only be delayed for so long, an actual fix would be appreciated.

Teknophile, Mar 2, 2020
Thema:

Corrupt User Profile after Windows 10 1909 Update.

1. Corrupt User Profile after Windows 10 1909 Update. - Similar Threads - Corrupt User Profile

2. Windows Update corrupted my user profile

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update corrupted my user profile: I have a PC that is seldom connected to the internet for security reasons there is no greater security than a machine that hackers have no access to but I needed to download a file so I plugged in the ethernet cable and turned the PC on after it booted up it had installed a...
  3. Windows Update corrupted my user profile

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update corrupted my user profile: I have a PC that is seldom connected to the internet for security reasons there is no greater security than a machine that hackers have no access to but I needed to download a file so I plugged in the ethernet cable and turned the PC on after it booted up it had installed a...
  4. Corrupt User Profile

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Corrupt User Profile: Recently, I've been trying to purchase an application on the Microsoft Store, however the payment screen would always go blank in a matter of seconds. After some online research, I was able to follow a thread that proposed the solution of trying to purchase the application...
  5. Corrupted user profile

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Corrupted user profile: Hello,A couple days ago I tried to rename my personal folder name viaProperties > Advanced system settings > Settings Under user profiles > I don't remember the rest.After this sometimes the taskbar does not peek when I move my cursor to the screen bottom I have turned on...
  6. Corrupted user profile

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Corrupted user profile: Hello,A couple days ago I tried to rename my personal folder name viaProperties > Advanced system settings > Settings Under user profiles > I don't remember the rest.After this sometimes the taskbar does not peek when I move my cursor to the screen bottom I have turned on...
  7. Corrupt User Profile

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Corrupt User Profile: My main only user profile cannot launch cmd.exe, Windows Defender, and a 1-2 other utilities. This happened after I install a Linux distro using WSL. Tried troubleshooting it using online solutions, which didn't help. I upgraded to Windows 11 and that didn't help. I took my...
  8. Corrupted User Profile

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Corrupted User Profile: Is there a way to fix a corrupted user profile WITHOUT just making a new one and migrate everything over to it?This only issue we have is not being able to activate Office 365 apps. We have already gone through all troubleshooting steps with Microsoft to fix the activation...
  9. Corrupted User Profile

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Corrupted User Profile: Is there a way to fix a corrupted user profile WITHOUT just making a new one and migrate everything over to it?This only issue we have is not being able to activate Office 365 apps. We have already gone through all troubleshooting steps with Microsoft to fix the activation...
  10. Corrupted User Profile

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Corrupted User Profile: I logged on this morning to see my user profile had been corrupted, with the file showing 0 bytes in properties and unable to be accessed due to the corrupted file submitted by /u/XCTVNICKX [link] [comments]...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. profile corrupted error after windows v1909 update