Windows 10: Corrupt User

Discus and support Corrupt User in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi My PC has an extra user account on the login screen. Everytime the computer starts up it tries to log into that first. This user does not show up... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Rob McVey, Jul 2, 2020.

1. Rob McVey Win User

Corrupt User

Hi

My PC has an extra user account on the login screen. Everytime the computer starts up it tries to log into that first.

This user does not show up on the list of accounts in the conrol pannel and I do not know the password for it.

I have tried a fresh install of windows and it still remains.

How can I remove this profile?

Thanks

:)

Rob McVey, Jul 2, 2020
  2. Kreij Win User

Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, Aug 5, 2020
  3. Jonas Flo Win User
    Corrupted User Profile

Hi,

There maybe a couple of reasons behind this misbehavior such as a corrupted system file. However, we would like to be able to verify which process exactly is corrupted.

• When you install, does it give you any form of error message when it fails?
    • What other processes doesn't go through on the said User account?

As per troubleshooting, you may refer to
    Likhitha V
    's response on this thread. See if it applies to you. However,
    just to give you a heads up. The steps are about creating a new user profile and deleting the current one. I suggest you back up your files so you may be able to transfer it. You can also find information about it on the same thread.

We'll be waiting for your response. If you have any other concerns, don't hesitate to come back to us.

Jonas Flo, Aug 5, 2020
  4. zbook Win User

Corrupt User

Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Aug 5, 2020
Thema:

Corrupt User

1. Corrupt User - Similar Threads - Corrupt User

2. My user file is corrupted how do I fix it? i have tried doing what other forums say but...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My user file is corrupted how do I fix it? i have tried doing what other forums say but...: My Spotify has an issue where it says the specified user does not have a profile, I want to get access to the files because I have deleted and redownloaded spotify to no avail. My computer will not let me into windowsapps because it is securely protected for some reason and...
  3. My user file is corrupted how do I fix it? i have tried doing what other forums say but...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My user file is corrupted how do I fix it? i have tried doing what other forums say but...: My Spotify has an issue where it says the specified user does not have a profile, I want to get access to the files because I have deleted and redownloaded spotify to no avail. My computer will not let me into windowsapps because it is securely protected for some reason and...
  4. My user file is corrupted how do I fix it? i have tried doing what other forums say but...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows Update corrupted my user profile

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update corrupted my user profile: I have a PC that is seldom connected to the internet for security reasons there is no greater security than a machine that hackers have no access to but I needed to download a file so I plugged in the ethernet cable and turned the PC on after it booted up it had installed a...
  6. Windows Update corrupted my user profile

Windows Update corrupted my user profile: I have a PC that is seldom connected to the internet for security reasons there is no greater security than a machine that hackers have no access to but I needed to download a file so I plugged in the ethernet cable and turned the PC on after it booted up it had installed a...
  7. Windows Update corrupted my user profile

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Potentially Corrupt User Profile Win11 causes programs to not start?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Potentially Corrupt User Profile Win11 causes programs to not start?: When I first got my PC with Windows 11 Home, I found that the user profile name was the first five characters of my email address. Dissatisfied with this, I looked up how to change it with the registry editor since regular renaming wasn't an option. I then ran into the issue...
  9. Potentially Corrupt User Profile Win11 causes programs to not start?

Potentially Corrupt User Profile Win11 causes programs to not start?: When I first got my PC with Windows 11 Home, I found that the user profile name was the first five characters of my email address. Dissatisfied with this, I looked up how to change it with the registry editor since regular renaming wasn't an option. I then ran into the issue...
  10. URGENT User Profile is apparently corrupted

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    URGENT User Profile is apparently corrupted: I live in a third-world country where power outages are common. That is why I have an electricity stabilizer for my computer. Two days ago, there was some work going on in the house and I had to move my computer. Since I was only supposed to move for a few hours so i can...