Windows 10: corrupt web defender

Discus and support corrupt web defender in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I was scammed yesterday by a hacker using web defender. When I called the toll free number I was connected to a person who was phishing for information... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Dipperyop, Aug 6, 2022.

1. Dipperyop Win User

corrupt web defender

I was scammed yesterday by a hacker using web defender. When I called the toll free number I was connected to a person who was phishing for information on my laptop. He installed an app called Ultraview and told me my IP address was being using by at least 18 other people primarily to access **** sites. Very disturbing. He said i used my cell phone to authorize a charge of $46,000 and wanted to created a duplicate so that the hackers could be tracked. I eventually hung up by this was a very bad experience with what I thought was Web Defender!!

:)

Dipperyop, Aug 6, 2022
  2. jcaswell Win User

W10 can connect to wider internet but cannot access web pages

I have an odd issue with my W10 laptop linked to Sky broadband in the UK via wifi using a Sky router. The effect is that while I can actually access the internet (I can send and receive emails using Outlook and can connect to other machines using TeamViewer) I cannot access any web site (Google, BBC etc). There is no specific error message, merely that the access request timed out and a suggestion that it may be to do with proxy.

I have tried the following:

1. Other systems (W10 and ios) can access web sites using the same Sky router (therefore probably not a router problem)
    2. I have sent and received emails using Outlook, so the broadband connection is working (probably not a Sky problem)
    3. I have tried two different browsers (Firefox and Edge), no connection (not a browser problem)
    4. I am using Windows Defender and have:
      1. Made sure that Firefox is in the list of allowed systems in its Firewall, no connection after a reboot
      2. Turned off the Firewall and tried again - no connection
    My next step will be to re-install Windows, but has anyone got any other suggestions? Could it be some sort of virus (I have carried out a complete virus check using Defender)

So - any suggestions?

jcaswell, Aug 6, 2022
  3. zbook Win User
    Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Aug 6, 2022
  4. corrupt web defender

Corrupt Files

Hi,

The challenge that you are experiencing is most likely due to a virus. A computer virus can corrupt or delete data on a computer. It can even delete everything on the hard disk.

To resolve your concern, we suggest that you run a full scan on your computer using
    Windows Defender by following the steps below:

• Type windows defender on the search bar.
    • Click on Windows Defender.
    • On the right panel, select Full, then click on Scan now.

If the full scan cannot detect any viruses, we suggest that you run an offline scan on your computer using
    Windows Defender by following the steps in this article:
    Help protect my PC with Windows Defender Offline

If you have a different antivirus application installed on your computer,
    Windows Defender
    will automatically turn off. Kindly disable other antivirus applications before running a scan using
    Windows Defender.

Let us know if you need further assistance with your concern.

Joshua Her1, Aug 6, 2022
Thema:

corrupt web defender

1. corrupt web defender - Similar Threads - corrupt web defender

2. Windows Defender Firewall corruption

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Defender Firewall corruption: It all started when I attempted to update a Windows app called Adobe Fresco. However, it refused to update due to Windows Defender Firewall being off. I tried to start the services, but they were all grayed out and could not be modified. Troubleshooting Windows updates...
  3. windows 10 - defender corrupted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10 - defender corrupted: hi. i have had a major issue with my windows defender for probably a year now. not noticing until a few months ago.the easiest way to say this is, its literally corrupted!i know it has to be because of malwarebytes. after i heard news about how bad it was getting, i tried...
  4. windows 10 - defender corrupted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 10 - defender corrupted: hi. i have had a major issue with my windows defender for probably a year now. not noticing until a few months ago.the easiest way to say this is, its literally corrupted!i know it has to be because of malwarebytes. after i heard news about how bad it was getting, i tried...
  5. windows 10 - defender corrupted

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Windows defender and web browsers

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows defender and web browsers: Does Windows Defender still work if I am using Google Chrome browser and not Microsoft edge browser? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-and-web-browsers/2dc163a1-c1c2-48bf-bbcb-3d55f684ad28"
  7. Windows defender and web browsers

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows defender and web browsers: Does Windows Defender still work if I am using Google Chrome browser and not Microsoft edge browser? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-and-web-browsers/4172a413-9b2b-4ecd-8194-71df489e38b9"
  8. Windows Defender Web Protection

Windows Defender Web Protection: Look This Windows Defender Web Protection is not turned on. Its say No providers, so my question is if web protection can turn on So tell me how to turn on it. [ATTACH]...
  9. SFC /scannow - Defender corruption?

in Windows 10 Support
    SFC /scannow - Defender corruption?: A run today of sfc /scannow reported errors, with this message:. "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. For online repairs, details are included in the CBS log file located at windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log." CBS.log was largely...
  10. Defender Files Corrupted

Defender Files Corrupted: This morning when I opened my laptop it force restarted and went into repair mode. When it finally restarted I had no internet connection at all for about ten minutes (with LAN attached), though it said I did. Nothing worked. Finally Chrome started getting connection and...