Windows 10: Corrupt Win 10 Files

Discus and support Corrupt Win 10 Files in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello! Powering on my PC this morn I got a "preparing windows" message, then it made me sign out and sign back in. I googled the error and it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Mark101, Mar 5, 2017.

1. Mark101 Win User

Corrupt Win 10 Files

Hello!

Powering on my PC this morn I got a "preparing windows" message, then it made me sign out and sign back in.

I googled the error and it suggested I run a windows scan via the command prompt.

I did and this was the result:

"Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some
    of them. Details are included in the CBS.Log windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For
    example C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. Note that logging is currently not
    supported in offline servicing scenarios."

Can this be fixed without having to reinstall windows?

Thx for any help

:)

Mark101, Mar 5, 2017

2. Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. Details are included in the CBS.Log %WinDir%\Logs\CBS\CBS.log.

To repair the corrupted files manually, view details of the System File Checker process to find the corrupted file, and then
    manually replace the corrupted file with a known good copy of the file.

Ok, so I don't know anyone with win 10.

My win 10 was the upgrade from win 7, therefor I do not have a hard copy of win 10 to copy files from.

Can you send me a hard copy of windows 10, I already have the license?

AMoreAcceptableUserName, Mar 5, 2017
  3. Xbox app streaming SUPER laggy

System file check works on Vista, Win 7, Win 8, Win 8.1, and win 10.

I think they are looking to see if there is a corrupt file from the upgrade.

Sporty7579, Mar 5, 2017
  4. Samuria Win User

Corrupt Win 10 Files

The logs are normally a mile long and it depends what the problem is does the pc run ok apart from this one glitch? You can update which will fix most things and you dont loose anydata or software just hit update https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/soft...load/windows10

If its running ok I wouldnt worry

Samuria, Mar 5, 2017
  5. Mark101 Win User
    It's only mildly annoying. I have to sign out of my win account and sign back in. It runs as normal after that. Thanks much for responding.

Mark101, Mar 5, 2017
  6. Samuria Win User
    I would just check you hard drive for errors as the profile maybe corrupt try creating a new user does that work ok?

Samuria, Mar 5, 2017
  7. Mark101 Win User
    This:

"Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some
    of them. Details are included in the CBS.Log windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For
    example C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. Note that logging is currently not
    supported in offline servicing scenarios."

was from the windows scan. Tried a new account, same problem.

Thx for the help. I think I'll just reinstall windows. The only reason I haven't already is I'm using a 1tb SSD and Ive never reinstalled on an ssd. Many times on a HDD but never an ssd. I might as well learn how.

Again, much thanks for responding.

Mark101, Mar 5, 2017
  8. Mark101 Win User

Corrupt Win 10 Files

I just set up windows to require a PW to login and now there are no error messages. I'm going to call that a victory and quit for the day.

Mark101, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Corrupt Win 10 Files

1. Corrupt Win 10 Files - Similar Threads - Corrupt Files

2. I had a corrupted system file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I had a corrupted system file: Hi there, i recently ran Command Prompt and used the command: sfc/scannowit came up with a detection of corrupted files, but I want to know what they were.The log file is below for you to look atCBS.log...
  3. I had a corrupted system file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I had a corrupted system file: Hi there, i recently ran Command Prompt and used the command: sfc/scannowit came up with a detection of corrupted files, but I want to know what they were.The log file is below for you to look atCBS.log...
  4. Why did my windows file system get corrupted?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why did my windows file system get corrupted?: Hi, my windows file system got corrupted when an update happened, and it was filled up. Luckily I have a clone but still if I had not had that I would have lost a lot of files. Is Microsoft planning to fix this....
  5. Why did my windows file system get corrupted?

Why did my windows file system get corrupted?: Hi, my windows file system got corrupted when an update happened, and it was filled up. Luckily I have a clone but still if I had not had that I would have lost a lot of files. Is Microsoft planning to fix this....
  6. corrupted files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    corrupted files: I Started a scan and it states this message aswell it wont let me open anything due to a framework error"Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. For online repairs, details are included in the CBS log file located at...
  7. corrupted files

corrupted files: I Started a scan and it states this message aswell it wont let me open anything due to a framework error"Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. For online repairs, details are included in the CBS log file located at...
  8. corrupted files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. how do I fix a corrupted file?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I fix a corrupted file?: I ran SFC /Scannow and it says "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them." and when I looked in my CBS log it was d3d10warp.dll that was corrupted. I am wondering how to fix this. I am running a 64-bit Windows 10 system...
  10. how do I fix a corrupted file?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how do I fix a corrupted file?: I ran SFC /Scannow and it says "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them." and when I looked in my CBS log it was d3d10warp.dll that was corrupted. I am wondering how to fix this. I am running a 64-bit Windows 10 system...