Windows 10: Corrupt Windows 10 files

Discus and support Corrupt Windows 10 files in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My Windows 10 account seems to be corrupted (nothing works after login, which takes ages), although my wife's account on the same machine appears to be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Nutty Netty, Dec 6, 2018.

1. Corrupt Windows 10 files

My Windows 10 account seems to be corrupted (nothing works after login, which takes ages), although my wife's account on the same machine appears to be working normally. What can I do to recover it and will the next Windows 10 update resolve the problem anyway?

:)

Nutty Netty, Dec 6, 2018

2. Corrupted file RAR

If the archive has been created using WinRAR, why don't you try WinRAR itself? It has a built-in repair feature for repairing corrupted archive (ZIP as well as RAR). Follow the steps given below:
    • Open WinRAR application in your system.
    • Now click on File tab > Open or simply press Ctrl+O.
    • A small window "Find Archive" will pop up. Locate the corrupt RAR archive from your system directory and select it.
    • Now click Open button.
    • Click Tools tab > Repair archive or simply press Alt+R.
    • Again a small window "Repairing File name.rar" will pop up.
    • Now click Browse to select a location to save the repaired archive.
    • Check the box "Treat the corrupt archive as RAR" and click OK.
    • WinRAR will start repairing of corrupt RAR archive. Once it gets completed click Close.
    I hope the above steps will help you repair the corrupted RAR archive.

Thanks.

Lincoln Dunne, Dec 6, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 6, 2018
  4. malware Win User

Corrupt Windows 10 files

Microsoft Windows Home Server Corrupts Files

Microsoft has warned Windows Home Server users not to edit files stored on their backup systems with several of its programs, including Vista Photo Gallery and Office's OneNote and Outlook, as well as files generated by popular finance software such as Quicken and QuickBooks. "When you use certain programs to edit files on a home computer that uses Windows Home Server, the files may become corrupted when you save them to the home server," Microsoft said in a support document posted last week. The document went on to list the software, which includes Windows Vista Photo Gallery, Windows Live Photo Gallery, OneNote 2003, OneNote 2007, Outlook 2007, Microsoft Money 2007 and SyncToy 2.0 Beta. Others programs, however, may also corrupt files stored on a home server powered by Microsoft's operating system. "Additionally, there have been customer reports of issues with Torrent applications, with Intuit Quicken and with QuickBooks program files," the document said. "Until an update for Windows Home Server is available, we recommend that [you] do not use the programs that are listed to save or to edit program-specific files that are stored on a Windows Home Server-based system."

Source: Computerworld

malware, Dec 6, 2018
Thema:

Corrupt Windows 10 files

1. Corrupt Windows 10 files - Similar Threads - Corrupt files

2. MP4 Video files corrupted after Windows 10 Installation

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    MP4 Video files corrupted after Windows 10 Installation: I just recently did a clean install of Windows 10 after using Windows 7 for many years. I moved my files over to a secondary hard drive and once I was done with the installation I moved them back to their appropriate folders (Documents, Pictures, etc). I'm having trouble...
  3. Old SSD Corrupt, ordered new one, safely keep all files?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Old SSD Corrupt, ordered new one, safely keep all files?: Unfortunately, recently, my ssd has gone completely corrupt, windows not launching, no fix working, as the moment I have two secondary drives (or a secondary and third). Thankfully, all my important data is on the two hard drives, but when I do a fresh install, what is the...
  4. Unable to view photos after moving from iPhone to Windows PC, (Files are getting corrupted).

Unable to view photos after moving from iPhone to Windows PC, (Files are getting corrupted).: Today my mum was trying to copy paste files from her phone to her PC hard drive. It's something that should be a standard operation and something which shouldn't go wrong. My mum use cut in order to clear up space on her phone in the process, of course. Right out of the gate...
  5. WIN10 Pro 10.0.17763.503 corrupted files not starting

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WIN10 Pro 10.0.17763.503 corrupted files not starting: So somehow my windows 10 pro installation got so corrupted that it just shows a black screen after loading and no windows open (though ctrl + alt + del still shows the menu). Anyhow I followed all the tutorials online creating bootable USB trying this and that and finally...
  6. I need to delete a corrupt file that is preventing me from completing a video project

I need to delete a corrupt file that is preventing me from completing a video project: I am using the free version of Windows Movie Maker (paid version not an option for me) and when I try to use the narrating part, I get this message with the following file: C:\USERS\ENIGMA`1AppData\Local\Temp\PhotoStage-13308-1\mp3\exe And this one:...
  7. Old software file problem in Windows 10, corrupted DLL?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Old software file problem in Windows 10, corrupted DLL?: I use a CAD suite dating back to 2001 (P-CAD 2001 with 2013 service pack 3). It has been working fine on my Windows 10 Professional desktop until lately. The problem is with one exe that starts and runs, but when I open a file dialog to select a data file to edit, the program...
  8. File History corrupted - Need to restore lost folder

File History corrupted - Need to restore lost folder: Been having problems with File History going corrupted for quite some time. What I have been doing to fix it, is reselect the drive again after turning it off. When resected, it would work again for some amount of time. That fix no longer worked as it dropped a major...
  9. Corrupted system files????

Corrupted system files????: I use windows 10 on hp laptop and yesterday when I went to shut it down it said it was updating. When I turned it on today, it started the setup with cortana assist where you put in your country and keyboard information.... It has the option 'or even better, use an online...
  10. delete corrupted / damage / unreadable file

delete corrupted / damage / unreadable file: Hello, I have some problems deleting a file, everytime I try to delete it, a message shows saying the file is corrupted and it is imposible to delete or move it. error code : 0x80070570. I need help, please....