Windows 10: Corrupt Windows font? Numbers in weird characters.

Discus and support Corrupt Windows font? Numbers in weird characters. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, First I thought this was an application error, but later I noticed I had the same problem in several other applications too. The problem is that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Zienn, Jun 12, 2020.

1. Zienn Win User

Corrupt Windows font? Numbers in weird characters.

Hi,

First I thought this was an application error, but later I noticed I had the same problem in several other applications too.

The problem is that all numerical up/down forms in different applications don't show numbers correctly on my PC as shown below. It seems fine in other types of forms, so it seems to only affect the numerical up/down forms.

The weird characters below are supposed to show regular numbers.

For example 0 shows as .

Corrupt Windows font? Numbers in weird characters. 2dff6661-55ed-4cfd-a891-341351eac88a?upload=true.png

Corrupt Windows font? Numbers in weird characters. 5819a545-deee-41d6-ab50-9c5564a317ec?upload=true.png

If I copy the text to wordpad it says the font is Ebrima.

I've tried to rebuild the font cache, run sfc /scannow, uninstall/reinstall that font, change system locale, changed different language settings, played around with unicode, clearfont and different DPI, clicked the "Restore default font settings"-button and did countless of reboots between the changes... but it still shows numbers as these weird characters.

When I in regedit tried to make a FontSubstitute from Ebrima to Segoe UI I noticed the font changed I noticed a slight change of looks, but the numbers were still these weird characters.

So perhaps it's not a font issue, but something picks wrong characters for this kind of forms.

I have a totally regular Windows 10 that is as updated as much as "Check for Windows updates" lets me.

Any ideas what I can try?

:)

Zienn, Jun 12, 2020
  2. Callender Win User

Corrupted Fonts

In addition you can try:

• Stop Windows Font Cache service in services.msc.

Corrupt Windows font? Numbers in weird characters. [​IMG]

• Run C-Cleaner System / Font Cache option.

Corrupt Windows font? Numbers in weird characters. [​IMG]

• Start Windows Font Cache service again.

If you have Ccleaner installed it's possible that you'd need CCEnhancer to see the font cache option.

If you don't have it - read this:

Rebuild Font Cache in Windows 10 | Tutorials

Callender, Jun 12, 2020
  3. GeoWard1 Win User
    Character set corrupt

I have Windows 10 on my notebook. The character set is corrupt - some letter keys show numbers.

Right-clicking on the Windows button shows a menu but the Control Panel is not there, so unable to reach the font options.

Advice please.

GeoWard1, Jun 12, 2020
  4. Ajeel Win User

Weird font characters in windows 10

I have no idea how this happened but it went away for a while and now its back. i need help. Every non windows related application works fine. When i highlight or mouse over to anything that has font it flashes into weird glitchy characters and out
    of place text. i dont know what to do, my first thought was missing fonts, but its not affecting any other applications and the classic control panel works fine, its only affecting the windows 10 GUI, could it be a bad graphics driver install, im at a loss.
    please help. it wont go away.

Corrupt Windows font? Numbers in weird characters. 2d05594a-54a0-42ea-874e-6c1faece70aa.png

Corrupt Windows font? Numbers in weird characters. af446af6-725f-4d7c-a48f-886350cbc6c6.png

Ajeel, Jun 12, 2020
Thema:

1. Corrupt Windows font? Numbers in weird characters. - Similar Threads - Corrupt font Numbers

2. Weird font

in Windows 10 Customization
    Weird font: Does anyone know how to fix this? I just I turn on my pc somehow I encounter weird font from my taskbar. image- https://gyazo.com/995afe5570234a69bbc673136905b1ba https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/weird-font/af1bc703-88c1-42ac-b186-6c5107f18faa
  3. Corrupted windows fonts

Corrupted windows fonts: Hey guys. I accidentally removed some of my unnecessary fontsChinese and many more.... via registry editor. Now some of my windows fonts are corrupted. Tried these codes in safe mode sfc /scannow Dism /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth Dism /online /cleanup-image...
  4. Font troubles! Certain characters/ numbers do not display.

in Windows 10 Support
    Font troubles! Certain characters/ numbers do not display.: I've attached an example image with fonts and how they display. $#@:, and others do not display. The same with numbers. Sometimes they are replaced with rectangles. This is from CorelDraw. In open office, so far, all the characters are displayed, but numbers and special...
  5. Numbers are displayed in weird font, what's going on?

Numbers are displayed in weird font, what's going on?: Here's an example of what's going on. It's just the font that's displayed in the weird style. Not sure what's going on. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/numbers-are-displayed-in-weird-font-whats-going-on/6319cd77-dcdc-4b5a-9db4-5a52ccb0bf19
  6. Fonts/Unicode Characters

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Fonts/Unicode Characters: So I was deleting some preinstalled fonts like Microsoft fonts and things like Arial Bold. The reason I did this is because there are a lot of preinstalled fonts and I'm always downloading new fonts for creative purposes. I deleted a bunch of these fonts so that it would be...
  7. Weird Font and size of Chinese characters on Windows 10 English edition

Weird Font and size of Chinese characters on Windows 10 English edition: Hi, I recently re-installed Windows 10 En edition and found that the Chinese characters look pretty weird. Previously they look normal, so I have no sense what's causing the current issue. File browser: [ATTACH] Task bar: [ATTACH] I searched for answers for a while...
  8. Weird font

Weird font: So, i was trying to improve my computer to be faster, but some how my changed font to an UGLY font... [ATTACH]how do i change it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/weird-font/baad35e5-2438-49c6-8d39-e8557be8d374
  9. System font on new computer displays weird characters

in Windows 10 Support
    System font on new computer displays weird characters: New computer displays symbols for special characters. For example, in the lower right corner the time reads 729AM and in File Explorer a file name that should be VCMC T&O.docx reads VCMC T^0O.docx. I tried changing the system font but that did not help so I changed back to...
  10. Weird Green Characters

in Windows 10 Support
    Weird Green Characters: Has anyone seen this before. There are weird green charachter in the min/max/close area of "modern" apps and weird green square. [img] 10440