Windows 10: Corrupt Windows keeps BSODing, can't even do recovery install

Discus and support Corrupt Windows keeps BSODing, can't even do recovery install in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello!I've been having lots of issues with my PC lately varying from constant browser crashes, application crashes, driver install failures and BSODs.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by K1llrzzZasd, Jun 12, 2024.

1. Corrupt Windows keeps BSODing, can't even do recovery install

Hello!I've been having lots of issues with my PC lately varying from constant browser crashes, application crashes, driver install failures and BSODs. I was avoiding reinstalling Windows because I have lots of installed programs, saved passwords, ect and getting everything back would be a pain. But then I saw that there's an option to do a recovery reinstall where all my files, programs, settings and passwords would remain, it would just redownload and reset Windows files to fix corrupt files. So first I tried it trough the control panel but the download failed twice potentially due to the cor

:)

K1llrzzZasd, Jun 12, 2024

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jun 12, 2024
  3. topgundcp Win User
    How does Windows boot to advanced recovery option e.g. command prompt?

- that gives me a 454 'Unexpected error' This tells me that the BCD is partially corrupted.

The commands: shutdown.exe /r /o /f /t 00
    or: %SystemRoot%\System32\Cmd.exe /c reagentc /boottore&shutdown /r /f /t 00
    should boot into Recovery if everything is configured correctly.
    FYI, If Windows is configured correctly:
    1. If Reagentc is disabled, you still can get into Recovery but with limited options.
    2. If Reagentc is enabled, you'll get all options.
    3. If you boot Windows using Recovery USB stick, You'll get into Recovery with couple of options missing.

Here's my suggestion if you want to try:
    OPTION 1: Will save the trouble of re-install Windows.

1. Download the image of my first 3 partitions (450MB Recovery, 100 MB EFI partition, and 16MB unformatted primary)
      EFI_Boot-00-00.7z - Google Drive
    2. Run Macrium and restore the image from step 1, overwriting your existing 1st three partitions, leaving C alone.
    3. Delete the 490MB Recovery partition.
    4. From Macrium, run fix boot problems.
    5. Reboot. Open Admin command prompt then run Reagentc /info to make sure that it is enabled. If not, enable it.
      if failed to enable, reboot and try again.
    OPTION 2: Assuming you've already had Windows backup with Macrium.

1. Wipe out the first 5 parttiions. (450MB, 100MB, 16MB, C Drive, 480MB)
    2. Fresh install Windows 10
    3. Restore C drive from backup image, run fix boot problems
    4. repeat step 5 from OPTION 1 above.

topgundcp, Jun 12, 2024
  4. yogurt_21 Win User

Corrupt Windows keeps BSODing, can't even do recovery install

Data recovery software

The Big Useful List Of Free Useful Programs To Use Usually For Free

click the top spoiler and then look down to recovery.

All of the suggestions in the old threads were consolidated into that one.

yogurt_21, Jun 12, 2024
Thema:

Corrupt Windows keeps BSODing, can't even do recovery install

1. Corrupt Windows keeps BSODing, can't even do recovery install - Similar Threads - Corrupt keeps BSODing

2. PC keeps on BSODing.. It was a new install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC keeps on BSODing.. It was a new install: PC was looping on Preparing Automatic Repair yesterday. had to reinstall windows. Worked fine over the night but when I started it back today, it keeps BSODingminidump on here: minidump...
  3. PC keeps on BSODing.. It was a new install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC keeps on BSODing.. It was a new install: PC was looping on Preparing Automatic Repair yesterday. had to reinstall windows. Worked fine over the night but when I started it back today, it keeps BSODingminidump on here: minidump...
  4. Corrupt Windows keeps BSODing, can't even do recovery install

Corrupt Windows keeps BSODing, can't even do recovery install: Hello!I've been having lots of issues with my PC lately varying from constant browser crashes, application crashes, driver install failures and BSODs. I was avoiding reinstalling Windows because I have lots of installed programs, saved passwords, ect and getting everything...
  5. PC kept BSODING and now can't even reinstall windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC kept BSODING and now can't even reinstall windows: About a week ago I kept getting bluescreens because of BattleEye, then I got a IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD referencing a ntoskrnl.exe. I wasn't able to boot into that drive from BIOS after that, but I was still able to boot into a seperate drive I had for other purposes. I...
  6. PC kept BSODING and now can't even reinstall windows

PC kept BSODING and now can't even reinstall windows: About a week ago I kept getting bluescreens because of BattleEye, then I got a IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD referencing a ntoskrnl.exe. I wasn't able to boot into that drive from BIOS after that, but I was still able to boot into a seperate drive I had for other purposes. I...
  7. Windows 10 Keeps Bsoding

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Keeps Bsoding: Specs: Ryzen 5 3600 R9 280x 16 gb Corsair Vengeance RGB 300 MHz Asrock B550M pro4 Windows 10 20H2 So I'm going to tell you what’s happening with my system. It keeps bsoding with the errors being npfs.sys, fltmngr.sys, ntoskrnl.exe and many others. These are just the...
  8. Windows 10 keeps BSODING

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 keeps BSODING: Specs: Ryzen 5 3600 R9 280x 16 gb Corsair Vengeance RGB 300 MHz Asrock B550M pro4 So i'm going to tell you what’s happening with my system. It keeps bsoding with the errors being npfs.sys, fltmngr.sys, ntoskrnl.exe and many...
  9. PC keeps BSODING

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC keeps BSODING: So I got windows 10 recently and I keep getting the "blue screen of death" at least once a day and I have tried everything I can think of but cant get it fixed. Help would be appreciated....
  10. Windows 10 Keeps BSODing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Keeps BSODing: Ever since I transferred my PC from one case to another, I haven’t been able to boot into Windows. Every time it will immediately blue screen and say “Critical Process Died”. I’ve tried many things in command prompt, tried to restore Windows, and tried to reset Windows. When...