Windows 10: Corrupted Admin Account (Mine)

Discus and support Corrupted Admin Account (Mine) in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; A strange thing started happening a month ago. When I logged into my Admin account, it went through the normal log in process and when it finished my... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Paul H, May 9, 2018.

1. Paul H Win User

Corrupted Admin Account (Mine)

A strange thing started happening a month ago. When I logged into my Admin account, it went through the normal log in process and when it finished my screen went completely dark. The same thing happened to another password protected account, but my wife's non admin account which is not password protected still worked. The only account available now is my wife's account. Since I had my admin passwords I tried making other user accounts. They would work only briefly, if at all, then blank out.

I tried moving all my files to her desktop. I was only partially successful. At one point I could see my account in the C:\Users folder, but today I couldn't. Oddly enough I could see my account in control panel > Users. I took one drastic step, which was to delete the account. I chose the Keep Files option which indicated it would move all my files to the on her desktop. When it was done, there was no such folder and of course the account is completely gone now. I have moved whatever files were I could find to any external hard drive. I've already bought another computer and will create new accounts and restore the files there. Not sure I am asking any questions. I trying to move forward, but any comments would be welcomed.

Thanks

Paul

:)

Paul H, May 9, 2018
Thema:

Corrupted Admin Account (Mine)

1. Corrupted Admin Account (Mine) - Similar Threads - Corrupted Admin Account

2. My Admin Account Got Corrupted. Help?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Admin Account Got Corrupted. Help?: My admin account got corrupted, so i cant sign into things with admin permissions. I was wondering if anyone knows a way to get into command prompt as admin without being able to use admin....
  3. My Admin Account Got Corrupted. Help?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Admin Account Got Corrupted. Help?: My admin account got corrupted, so i cant sign into things with admin permissions. I was wondering if anyone knows a way to get into command prompt as admin without being able to use admin....
  4. My Admin Account Got Corrupted. Help?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Family Accounts not mine

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Family Accounts not mine: Hello, I recently built a gaming PC and installed windows 10 pro. I went to the family and other users menu in the settings. I noticed two accounts on there that are no way linked to me at all. I am having trouble using google chrome because of the parental settings. One of...
  6. Admin account is locked or corrupt

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Admin account is locked or corrupt: I currently do not have access to my admin account because it is corrupt or locked. I tried the last password and PIN used but no lock. I would like to access the hidden admin account. I am sending this request for help from a new profile on the same computer. Please help...
  7. Email account is not Mine

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Email account is not Mine: Somehow my daughters gmail inbox is showing when I sign into my gmail account on my computer. How do I have my inbox show and not my daughters in Microsoft 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/email-account-is-not-mine/01f42c76-c417-4a4c-8daa-10326a852148
  8. Corrupted Admin Account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Corrupted Admin Account: Hello, Approximately 2 +/- weeks ago I posted a question regarding my corrupted admin account along with what I had done to solve the issue. Have not heard a thing so have been left to search your database in order to resolve the issue. Since then I have tried other...
  9. account that's not mine

account that's not mine: there is or was 2 accounts on my laptop and they are not my i WANT THEM OFF MY LAPTOP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/account-thats-not-mine/b5ab0a69-60d6-40af-9e31-bc475cfdc204"
  10. User permissions incorrect (corrupted?) for admin account?

User permissions incorrect (corrupted?) for admin account?: I have a machine I have had for a few years and has been working fine. Suddenly a couple days ago Dropbox gave me an error that it couldn't start and said the error was 'usually because of a permissions error'. Since then, Photoshop will not start, saying it doesn't have...