Windows 10: Corrupted Admin Account (Mine)

Discus and support Corrupted Admin Account (Mine) in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; A strange thing started happening a month ago. When I logged into my Admin account, it went through the normal log in process and when it finished my... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Paul H, May 9, 2018.

1. Paul H Win User

Corrupted Admin Account (Mine)

A strange thing started happening a month ago. When I logged into my Admin account, it went through the normal log in process and when it finished my screen went completely dark. The same thing happened to another password protected account, but my wife's non admin account which is not password protected still worked. The only account available now is my wife's account. Since I had my admin passwords I tried making other user accounts. They would work only briefly, if at all, then blank out.

I tried moving all my files to her desktop. I was only partially successful. At one point I could see my account in the C:\Users folder, but today I couldn't. Oddly enough I could see my account in control panel > Users. I took one drastic step, which was to delete the account. I chose the Keep Files option which indicated it would move all my files to the on her desktop. When it was done, there was no such folder and of course the account is completely gone now. I have moved whatever files were I could find to any external hard drive. I've already bought another computer and will create new accounts and restore the files there. Not sure I am asking any questions. I trying to move forward, but any comments would be welcomed.

Thanks

Paul

:)

Paul H, May 9, 2018
Thema:

Corrupted Admin Account (Mine)

1. Corrupted Admin Account (Mine) - Similar Threads - Corrupted Admin Account

2. microsoft account and admin account

in Windows 10 Customization
    microsoft account and admin account: hello, my administrative account is synced with with my microsoft account. but i cannot get logged in though i have tried resetting my password. whwenever i try to log in at the startup windows it says the password is in correct even after i have just reset my password....
  3. How to remove an account that isn't mine?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to remove an account that isn't mine?: So... my ex used to use my laptop for university from time to time. Her uni provides Office 365 on up to 5 computers. She signed in to her Microsoft account and downloaded some of the apps she was using that I wasn't. Now that we've split Windows keeps notifying me that I...
  4. User permissions incorrect (corrupted?) for admin account?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User permissions incorrect (corrupted?) for admin account?: I have a machine I have had for a few years and has been working fine. Suddenly a couple days ago Dropbox gave me an error that it couldn't start and said the error was 'usually because of a permissions error'. Since then, Photoshop will not start, saying it doesn't have...
  5. Admin Account

Admin Account: I setup my son's laptop with my account set as admin. I added my son's account as a user, then changed my admin account to user (I shouldn't have, I know); now nothing can be downloaded because admin prompts come up. With no admin set, I'm not given an option to continue....
  6. admin account

admin account: When I restart my comp, I get two offers, 1 to start under my name with password, and the other as an administrator which requires no password. I am certain this admin acc was created by Brother printers when remoting me to fix an issue, which they could not. As I am the...
  7. Post April Rollup 1803 installation - Admin status on account corrupted

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Post April Rollup 1803 installation - Admin status on account corrupted: Hello, I've got a Laptop that has 2 accounts setup on it, one using the Display Language English, the other using Japanese. Recently I found that updates had been failing due to a registry setting that made the installer think I was trying to install Windows 10 onto a USB...
  8. Admin Account

Admin Account: So, I try downloading Steam. No big deal, right? Only problem is that I can't remember my admin account password. No matter how many password change requests I put in, they all come back "You don't have enough information." It's so bad, I can't download the update. So all I'm...
  9. admin account with UAC, or non-admin account with admin password

admin account with UAC, or non-admin account with admin password: On a 2016 tutorial, the teacher said that it was important to create a new user as an administrator, and removing the admin rights of the user that I use all the time. Then, using admin privilege only when necessary, e.g. "run as administrator", and entering the password of...
  10. Domain admin account as built-in admin account

Domain admin account as built-in admin account: I just upgraded two brand new pc's from Win 7 to Win 10. Computers were already added to the domain in Win 7 and I was logged into the domain administrator account when I did the upgrade to Win 10. Now when I am logged in with the domain administrator account, I can't open...