Windows 10: Corrupted Admin Account

Discus and support Corrupted Admin Account in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, Approximately 2 +/- weeks ago I posted a question regarding my corrupted admin account along with what I had done to solve the issue. Have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by CynthiaHuscroft, May 29, 2020.

1. Corrupted Admin Account

Hello,

Approximately 2 +/- weeks ago I posted a question regarding my corrupted admin account along with what I had done to solve the issue. Have not heard a thing so have been left to search your database in order to resolve the issue. Since then I have tried other "solutions" to try to regain control but have not had any luck. I have a Dell computer and did contact them regarding an issue I had with Support Assist and also talked to them about the Windows issue as it was preventing me from downloading and re-installing Support Assist. The upshot of that conversation was a possible solution to my problem and if that did not work have not yet tried it I should contact Dell Out of Warranty Support. I do not think that I should have to do this and pay to have my computer "fixed" as this is a Windows 10 problem as evidenced by the many, many "solutions" I found with others having the same problem. And, like them, I AM the admin in the account and this is clearly noted under "Your Account" in settings. This is a fairly recent development and did not note until I had problems installing Windows updates as in "failed installation".

I have spent much of today working on this issue including creating another user admin account. That is not working either. So far I have noted that I am again unable to install Support Assist with this account so I've not even bothered to try the updates as am assuming they will fail as well. Also, with the new account I cannot type into the search box next to the Windows logo or into the search box in file explorer. I DO NOT want to have to start from scratch and reinstall Windows as well as well as a 30GB game in which I indulge in almost daily.

Again, I do not think that I should have to pay Dell to fix a Windows problem. I would really like a solution with very explicit well-explained steps to regain my rights. As it is, & given my internet connection, it will take all day even for just the needed updates. If I have to re-install everything, I am looking at 3 - 4 days.

Not happy but thanks the solution that I know will be forthcoming.

CJH

:)

CynthiaHuscroft, May 29, 2020

2. Admin account corrupted

Hi Joshua.

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.

I suggest you enter into safe mode and enable built-in administrator and check.

Step 1: Start computer in safe mode.

• Type Settings in the search box on the desktop, select
      Settings.

• Here select Change pc settings and then
      General.

• Scroll down to Advanced startup, click
      Restart now.

• Click on Troubleshoot, Advanced options, and Startup Settings.

• Click Restart, select
      Safe mode and then press Enter.

Step 2: Enable Built-in administrator.

• Open the Task manager. Here’s a tip: Press
      CTRL + Shift + ESC.

• Click File >
      Run New Task.

• Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges

• Type CMD.

• Type the following command and hit
      Enter:

• net user administrator /active: yes
      (Check for the spaces)
    6. Now log off from the current user and try to login to the administrator account that is enabled.

Note: Please follow the same steps and type
    net user administrator /active: no to disable admin account after the troubleshooting is done.

Step 3: Create a new user account in Safe Mode and give admin privileges to the new account.

Create a new user account

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-set-up-accounts

After creating new user account, press Windows key, type
    Mange your account
    and hit Enter. Click on Family
    and other users
    and select the newly created account. Now change the account type to
    Administrator.

Keep us posted with the status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank you.

Azaruddin Syed, May 29, 2020
  3. Admin account corrupted

Ok, I enabled the administrator account, but even in that account, the menu won't create a new account. I can get to the accounts settings page, but the link to "add someone else to this PC" doesn't do anything.

Joshuacwilder, May 29, 2020
  4. Corrupted Admin Account

Admin account corrupted

Hi Joshua,

Sorry for the delay in response.

Try running the Deployment Image Servicing and Management (DISM)
    tool which fixes the Windows corruption error if there are any. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows+X.
    • Click on Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the following command and hit
      Enter.
    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

4. Now, try to create the new user account.

If the issue persist, then I would suggest to perform a system restore.
    Restoring won’t affect your personal files, but it will remove apps, drivers, and updates installed after the restore point was made.

Refer the following Windows help article and to perform system restore.

Restore from a system restore point

Hope this will help you. Keep us posted with the status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank you.

Azaruddin Syed, May 29, 2020
Thema:

Corrupted Admin Account

1. Corrupted Admin Account - Similar Threads - Corrupted Admin Account

2. was having performance issues due to corrupted user admin account.. and then the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    was having performance issues due to corrupted user admin account.. and then the...: so i then said screw it im going to make a new account, realised that i had the built in admin one still so logged out and began process for making that my new main acccount... deleted old account from built in admin account, messed around disabling some services that...
  3. was having performance issues due to corrupted user admin account.. and then the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    was having performance issues due to corrupted user admin account.. and then the...: so i then said screw it im going to make a new account, realised that i had the built in admin one still so logged out and began process for making that my new main acccount... deleted old account from built in admin account, messed around disabling some services that...
  4. was having performance issues due to corrupted user admin account.. and then the...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. My Admin Account Got Corrupted. Help?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Admin Account Got Corrupted. Help?: My admin account got corrupted, so i cant sign into things with admin permissions. I was wondering if anyone knows a way to get into command prompt as admin without being able to use admin....
  6. My Admin Account Got Corrupted. Help?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Admin Account Got Corrupted. Help?: My admin account got corrupted, so i cant sign into things with admin permissions. I was wondering if anyone knows a way to get into command prompt as admin without being able to use admin....
  7. My Admin Account Got Corrupted. Help?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Admin account is locked or corrupt

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Admin account is locked or corrupt: I currently do not have access to my admin account because it is corrupt or locked. I tried the last password and PIN used but no lock. I would like to access the hidden admin account. I am sending this request for help from a new profile on the same computer. Please help...
  9. User permissions incorrect (corrupted?) for admin account?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User permissions incorrect (corrupted?) for admin account?: I have a machine I have had for a few years and has been working fine. Suddenly a couple days ago Dropbox gave me an error that it couldn't start and said the error was 'usually because of a permissions error'. Since then, Photoshop will not start, saying it doesn't have...
  10. Corrupted Admin Account (Mine)

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Corrupted Admin Account (Mine): A strange thing started happening a month ago. When I logged into my Admin account, it went through the normal log in process and when it finished my screen went completely dark. The same thing happened to another password protected account, but my wife's non admin account...