Windows 10: Corrupted and Unreadable Drive

Discus and support Corrupted and Unreadable Drive in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello, I wanted to talk about my drive that has suddenly stopped working.My D drive has suddenly stopped and whenever I click it, it says its corrupted... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Outcastarry, Apr 14, 2022.

1. Corrupted and Unreadable Drive

Hello, I wanted to talk about my drive that has suddenly stopped working.My D drive has suddenly stopped and whenever I click it, it says its corrupted and unreadable.It was working just fine the day before and now it no longer works. I use an external drive, so I tried unplugging and replugging as well as clean my ports but it still does not work.Is there any way I can fix this? Most of my stuff is on there and I really would hate that all my data is gone.Thank You

:)

Outcastarry, Apr 14, 2022

2. CANNOT DELETE A CORRUPTED FILE ON MY EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE ON WINDOWS 10

Hi Leenus,

Hard drive and other external memory storage can be corrupted on account of bad sectors which are no longer accessible or writable due to permanent damage. Your device or hard drive could also be infected by some type of malware. These are some of the possible
    causes why you are experiencing the error "ERROR 0x80070570: The file or directory is corrupted or unreadable". To address this concern, we suggest performing the following troubleshooting methods:

Method 1

Check and repair disk errors or corrupted file system. This process can fix "The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable" error caused by bad sectors, virus infection or file system corruption. To do so, follow these steps:

• Back up all of the files on the hard drive (except for the corrupted file).
    • Using Search, type CMD.
    • From the search results, right-click on Command Prompt and then choose Run as administrator.
    • On the Command Prompt window, type chkdsk /f h: (h stands for your hard drive) and then hit the Enter key.
    • Delete the corrupted file and check if you'll experience the same error.

Method 2

Format the hard drive. You can manually format the hard drive to permanently remove "The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable" error. These are the steps on how to format an external drive:

• Plug the hard drive into your computer.
    • Back up all of the files on the hard drive (except for the corrupted file).
    • Open File Explorer and then click This PC.
    • Click the external hard drive's name, click on Manage tab and then click on Format.
    • Click Start and then click OK.

Keep us updated with the result.

Darleen Pen, Apr 14, 2022
  3. Try3 Win User
    Folder not accessible corrupted or unreadable, driving me nuts!

I used to get your folder not accessible corrupted or unreadable symptoms if I disconnected then reconnected a backup drive [MicroSD card] while the computer was asleep. So I think your concern about checking data leads & power supply is spot on.

Corrupted and Unreadable Drive [​IMG]

I reformatted the drive afterwards but I could probably have got away with ChkDsk instead.

By the way, your symptoms do not match what that newspaper article is about. And that CU is still listed in https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...update-history and it still gets listed by WUMgr as an update to be done.

Denis

4. Corrupted and Unreadable Drive

CANNOT DELETE A CORRUPTED FILE ON MY EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE ON WINDOWS 10

I had the very same problem and this worked perfectly!!!

PaulMisener, Apr 14, 2022
Thema:

Corrupted and Unreadable Drive

1. Corrupted and Unreadable Drive - Similar Threads - Corrupted Unreadable Drive

2. Drive is not accessible File or directory is corrupted or unreadable

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Drive is not accessible File or directory is corrupted or unreadable: i am receiving the message when i click on drive E. This was happen yesterday night i installed HP driver from official Hp Website while installing driver Command prompt window pop up and stuck on two line. i pressed entered and it was went to restart. After the window 10...
  3. Drive is not accessible File or directory is corrupted or unreadable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drive is not accessible File or directory is corrupted or unreadable: i am receiving the message when i click on drive E. This was happen yesterday night i installed HP driver from official Hp Website while installing driver Command prompt window pop up and stuck on two line. i pressed entered and it was went to restart. After the window 10...
  4. Drive is not accessible File or directory is corrupted or unreadable

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Corrupted and Unreadable Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Corrupted and Unreadable Drive: Hello, I wanted to talk about my drive that has suddenly stopped working.My D drive has suddenly stopped and whenever I click it, it says its corrupted and unreadable.It was working just fine the day before and now it no longer works. I use an external drive, so I tried...
  6. Corrupted and Unreadable Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Corrupted and Unreadable Drive: Hello, I wanted to talk about my drive that has suddenly stopped working.My D drive has suddenly stopped and whenever I click it, it says its corrupted and unreadable.It was working just fine the day before and now it no longer works. I use an external drive, so I tried...
  7. C: is corrupted and unreadable

C: is corrupted and unreadable: After starting my pc it showed disc checking has to happen and then it was scanning files. After this it said preparing automatic repairs and then it went in to diagnosing PC. So, after this I used command prompt in the troubleshoot window to check what is it with my drive...
  8. Folder not accessible corrupted or unreadable, driving me nuts!

Folder not accessible corrupted or unreadable, driving me nuts!: Hi there, My pc has been plagued with this issue for quite a while now. I have two drives. One is an NVMe Toshiba which I use for the OS and software. Then I had a Seagate SATA 2tb. After some time entire folders started to disappear. Luckily, most of the time a simple...
  9. Corrupted and unreadable files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Corrupted and unreadable files: Why are all my Microsort word and excel files corrupted and unreadable. This is not the first time it's happened - just want to know why and how to rectify the issue....
  10. Stuck in loop and unreadable and corrupt drive - help needed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuck in loop and unreadable and corrupt drive - help needed: Read multiple threads and nothings working. Windows 10 installed update on shutdown and since then i cant get to the main screen. It loads onto Preparing automatic repair, diagnosing pc into automatic repair. (Then states it can’t repair) . It’s an all in one pc so the...