Windows 10: Corrupted BIOS and locked out

Discus and support Corrupted BIOS and locked out in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, I have been working at a company as an IT Junior Tech for a few months now and one of my projects was to secure the BIOS of the end-users. This... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by pierref_globe, May 22, 2020.

1. Corrupted BIOS and locked out

Hi,

I have been working at a company as an IT Junior Tech for a few months now and one of my projects was to secure the BIOS of the end-users. This was a project done about two months ago. Now we are working remotely and from time to time one of us has to go in the office.

I discovered recently that some of the BIOS passwords I set aren't working anymore. The password which was decided by our IT team so that we can always access the BIOS when needed. It was pretty basic and when I set the password, I tested them out on each laptop by logging into the bios, so they DID work.

I have tried all the basic solutions such as the obvious: has there been a typo?, remove the CMOS battery, update the bios, flash it and many others. I have come to a point where the only solution I see is to short two pins on the bios chip or attaching it to a raspberry pi to flash it. That is not something I want to do.

Has anybody already had such an issue? It is just unbelievable..

I have heard that an update was already able to completely brick a computer and that is whyI am also wondering if it would be possible for any BIOS or firmware update pushed through Windows Update to corrupt a BIOS. This is one of the many other theories I have but I am 200% sure that there hasn't been a typo because we're talking of about 15 machines confirmed and I don't even want to

I am already in contact with HP about this case but I still need to figure out what happened and also in contact with our AV company to see if something slipped through.

:)

pierref_globe, May 22, 2020

2. Can VGA BIOS get corrupted?

VGA BIOS's can certainly get corrupt... although im not sure whether its possible to while ur loading stuff... i woulda thought its main "danger" time would either be flashing the BIOS (obviously its most dangerous time) or while the card is at its peak of booting from the BIOS (doubt that'd corrupt it though........)

my recommendation would b if TPU has ur cards bios in there database.. try downloading it & get some software (either a TPU article or a google seach will find enough info) to flash it 2 ur card...

i cant guarantee that this is the problem.. but if it were me.. these are steps i'd probably take...
    or u can wait for some other suggestions...

Firedomain, May 22, 2020
  3. bios

Hi all i am new in this forum, i need meanings step by step of each item listed in the bios Phoenix-Award

central473, May 22, 2020
  4. zbook Win User

Corrupted BIOS and locked out

Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, May 22, 2020
Thema:

Corrupted BIOS and locked out

1. Corrupted BIOS and locked out - Similar Threads - Corrupted BIOS locked

2. corrupted bios

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    corrupted bios: Hi,My laptop has a corrupted bios. Its because i used it to change windows version every few hours back to 2020. when i got it to the 3d store. he told me that my bios is corrupted. he had to take off the hard drive and install windows on it. Its been 2 years of normal using...
  3. corrupted bios

in Windows 10 Gaming
    corrupted bios: Hi,My laptop has a corrupted bios. Its because i used it to change windows version every few hours back to 2020. when i got it to the 3d store. he told me that my bios is corrupted. he had to take off the hard drive and install windows on it. Its been 2 years of normal using...
  4. corrupted bios

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Locked out windows and no bios

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locked out windows and no bios: The bios is just plain white same for when i try to boot into auto repair or uefi settings with key combos. And windows i cant log in as my pin is unavailable. I can't fresh install windows as no bios to select boot drive i tried removing cmos battery which changed nothing...
  6. Locked out windows and no bios

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Locked out windows and no bios: The bios is just plain white same for when i try to boot into auto repair or uefi settings with key combos. And windows i cant log in as my pin is unavailable. I can't fresh install windows as no bios to select boot drive i tried removing cmos battery which changed nothing...
  7. Locked out of bios

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Locked out of bios: Hello Microsoft! I have somehow been locked out of bios. I cant get into windows either as I have a black screen after powering up. Originally I created a bootable usb repair program to help better assist me with my broken boot sequence. I needed to get back into bios to...
  8. Samsung NP300E5C - Locked out of BIOS

Samsung NP300E5C - Locked out of BIOS: Hello. I had big trouble yesterday while clean installing w10 on this laptop. It came with Windows 8.1 The issue I am having is that I cannot manually enter BIOS (Tried all keys, although it seems it's F2). The only way I can enter BIOS is to invoke it through Windows...
  9. Stuck in BIOS Loop After Being Locked Out

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuck in BIOS Loop After Being Locked Out: Two weeks ago, system boot files apparently got corrupted which resulted in me having to reinstall Windows 10. Attempts at using a restore point or start up repair were unsuccessful. The reinstall happened. It was fine until this morning. This morning I attempted to access...
  10. Samsung NP300E5C - Locked out of BIOS

Samsung NP300E5C - Locked out of BIOS: Hello. I had big trouble yesterday while clean installing w10 on this laptop. It came with Windows 8.1 The issue I am having is that I cannot manually enter BIOS (Tried all keys, although it seems it's F2). The only way I can enter BIOS is to invoke it through Windows...