Windows 10: Corrupted disk message after scan & repair

Discus and support Corrupted disk message after scan & repair in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I had a message that I needed to restart my computer to scan and repair a disk problem. I did this. The problem is with my J drive, not the C drive.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JeanneBrownCNY, May 9, 2019.

1. Corrupted disk message after scan & repair

I had a message that I needed to restart my computer to scan and repair a disk problem. I did this. The problem is with my J drive, not the C drive. When restarting the system said it was scanning and repairing J but aborted the process at 73%. I am no longer able to reach the drive, although File Explorer lists it still and Disk Manager says the drive is fine and dandy.

I was able to use the drive before the scan and repair ran. Is there any way I can get it to connect again?

:)

JeanneBrownCNY, May 9, 2019

2. Corrupted file RAR

If the archive has been created using WinRAR, why don't you try WinRAR itself? It has a built-in repair feature for repairing corrupted archive (ZIP as well as RAR). Follow the steps given below:
    • Open WinRAR application in your system.
    • Now click on File tab > Open or simply press Ctrl+O.
    • A small window "Find Archive" will pop up. Locate the corrupt RAR archive from your system directory and select it.
    • Now click Open button.
    • Click Tools tab > Repair archive or simply press Alt+R.
    • Again a small window "Repairing File name.rar" will pop up.
    • Now click Browse to select a location to save the repaired archive.
    • Check the box "Treat the corrupt archive as RAR" and click OK.
    • WinRAR will start repairing of corrupt RAR archive. Once it gets completed click Close.
    I hope the above steps will help you repair the corrupted RAR archive.

Thanks.

Lincoln Dunne, May 9, 2019
  3. repairing disk errors and Error status 0xc0000020

Hi Maria,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

I appreciate you for providing details about the issue and we are glad to assist you.

Try the following methods and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to run check disk on the hard drive to see if there are any corruptions.

Follow the below steps:

• Windows key + X, click Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Command Prompt, type the following command, and then press
      ENTER
      :
    chkdsk /f

Disclaimer: While performing check disk on the hard drive, if any bad sectors are found then check disk will try to repair that sector. Any data available on a bad sector might be lost.

Once Check Disk completes, boot the computer and then check.

If the issue persists then follow the below method.

Method 2:

Try to run a System File Checker (SFC) scan to check for any file corruption. SFC scan will scan for corrupt system files on the computer and repair them.

Follow the below steps:

• Windows key + X, click Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Command Prompt, type the following command, and then press
      ENTER
      :
    sfc /scannow

Reference: Refer to the following Microsoft article on Windows 10 FAQ.

Frequently Asked Questions: Windows 10

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, May 9, 2019
  4. zbook Win User

Corrupted disk message after scan & repair

Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, May 9, 2019
Thema:

Corrupted disk message after scan & repair

1. Corrupted disk message after scan & repair - Similar Threads - Corrupted disk message

2. Scans and repairs detecting corruption and BSoD occurring randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Scans and repairs detecting corruption and BSoD occurring randomly: By performing the standard suite of scans through cmd line, this is one of some permutations I get:Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.19044.1766] c Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. C:\Windows\system32>sfc /scannow Beginning system scan. This process will take some...
  3. Scans and repairs detecting corruption and BSoD occurring randomly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Scans and repairs detecting corruption and BSoD occurring randomly: By performing the standard suite of scans through cmd line, this is one of some permutations I get:Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.19044.1766] c Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. C:\Windows\system32>sfc /scannow Beginning system scan. This process will take some...
  4. Scans and repairs detecting corruption and BSoD occurring randomly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Message to scan and repair drive D

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Message to scan and repair drive D: Every time I plug in my camera to upload pictures I get a pop up message in the corner saying there is something wrong with USB drive D and I should scan and repair it. It still works; I can still upload pictures, but why do I keep getting this message?I live chatted...
  6. Message to scan and repair drive D

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Message to scan and repair drive D: Every time I plug in my camera to upload pictures I get a pop up message in the corner saying there is something wrong with USB drive D and I should scan and repair it. It still works; I can still upload pictures, but why do I keep getting this message?I live chatted...
  7. corrupted disk after BSOD

corrupted disk after BSOD: After a BSOD, windows 10 wouldnt boot and i got a purple underscore and after that a white underscore with black screen. I tried to install a new copy from usb and i realised that system partition was empty and wouldnt allow me to install and the other partition was fine. I...
  8. Scanning and Repairing disk errors in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Scanning and Repairing disk errors in Windows 10: Did scan one of the disks(NTFS)-back-up disk- on my computer but Windows could not repair the errors. I subsequently ran CHKDSK /r on that disk K which is believed to have errors: Stage1 After deleting corrupt attribute records as well as fixing incorrect information in...
  9. Startup crash in 1809 after disk corruption repair

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Startup crash in 1809 after disk corruption repair: This one will make Shawn's eyes roll *Wink. I originally double-booted Win 10 with Win 7SE, the latter on vol. 1 as C:, and when 10 came out I installed it on volume 4 (F:) because drives D: (2) & E: (3) then were non-O/S drives, with E: becoming the fossil boneyard from the...
  10. Corrupt disk message

Corrupt disk message: How do I repair a corrupt drive? The instructions I found on line were apparently for an older version of Windows. Can someone help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/corrupt-disk-message/937e4ab4-59b5-4fd8-9e6a-d168f2bd8ae5