Windows 10: Corrupted display

Discus and support Corrupted display in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I've had my new Win 10 PC (Intel i7, 6700K, 4.0 GHz, 32 GB, Asus Z170 Pro4 mobo) for a week. I think I'm going to have to return it as I get this sort... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Terrypin, Jun 29, 2016.

1. Terrypin Win User

Corrupted display

I've had my new Win 10 PC (Intel i7, 6700K, 4.0 GHz, 32 GB, Asus Z170 Pro4 mobo) for a week. I think I'm going to have to return it as I get this sort of result whenever I drag the side of a folder to resize it:

Corrupted display [​IMG]

Any advice on the likely cause would be appreciated please.

--
    Terry, East Grinstead, UK

:)

Terrypin, Jun 29, 2016
  2. Samski 65 Win User

Display is corrupted

Just recently my display does not show correct colors, each letter of -text has a slightly different hue, and there are very thin vertical lines across my entire display. Any ideas to correct this and restore the normal display?

Samski 65, Jun 29, 2016
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    Display is corrupted

It would have been helpful to know from the outset that you have a laptop, but be that as it may, my point was that you have a hardware problem, not a software problem.

Your laptop has a graphics chip, most probably made by Intel, which sends the video to your laptop's screen. Either the graphics chip is damaged (most likely by heat, which is common) or the connection between the chip and the screen is damaged or the screen
    itself is damaged. You have to show your laptop to a technician who has the proper tools to figure out what the problem is.

BulldogXX, Jun 29, 2016
  4. OldMike65 Win User

Corrupted display

Have you checked for updates for your graphics card yet?? Go to the manufacturer of your Desktop and check for any new drivers their.
    You can also run Windows update and check for updates also.

OldMike65, Jun 29, 2016
  5. topgundcp Win User
    In addition, double check if the video card is firmly seated and the monitor cable is tightly connected.

topgundcp, Jun 29, 2016
  6. ARC
    Arc Win User
    Dedicated graphics card or processor graphics?

If you have a graphics card installed (not mentioned in the specs or the OP), do two things for it.
    • Install the latest version of the display driver. Try with two latest WHQL versions.
    • Stress test graphics card.
    If you are running on processor graphics only (it should be Intel® HD Graphics 530 for you), try two different versions of the display driver.
    If the situation remains the same with two different versions of the HD graphics driver, better you RMA the processor.

7. Terrypin Win User
    Thanks all, appreciate those replies. It did indeed turn out to be the drivers. Fixed by installing latest version for the HD30 built in graphics.

Terry, UK

Terrypin, Jun 30, 2016
  8. OldMike65 Win User

Corrupted display

That is good news Terry, glad you solved the issue!! Also thanks for letting us know too, as this information can also help other people with a similar issue. *Smile

OldMike65, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Corrupted display

1. Corrupted display - Similar Threads - Corrupted display

2. I just updated my display driver to intelruhd 630,after update my os got corrupt, its said...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I just updated my display driver to intelruhd 630,after update my os got corrupt, its said...: I just updated my display driver to intelruhd 630,after update my os got corrupt, its said viedo tdr errorPlsHelp with thisWindows 10 proIntel core i7 8700...
  3. I just updated my display driver to intelruhd 630,after update my os got corrupt, its said...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I just updated my display driver to intelruhd 630,after update my os got corrupt, its said...: I just updated my display driver to intelruhd 630,after update my os got corrupt, its said viedo tdr errorPlsHelp with thisWindows 10 proIntel core i7 8700...
  4. I just updated my display driver to intelruhd 630,after update my os got corrupt, its said...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Display driver got corrupted.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display driver got corrupted.: I have updated my graphic driver and something bad happened, My PC brightness is so high, I went back by restore point, and after I reset my PC again the same thing happened, Now there is no restore point and when I reset my PC, I got an error that says can't reset your PC...
  6. Display driver got corrupted.

Display driver got corrupted.: I have updated my graphic driver and something bad happened, My PC brightness is so high, I went back by restore point, and after I reset my PC again the same thing happened, Now there is no restore point and when I reset my PC, I got an error that says can't reset your PC...
  7. Window 11 corrupted my display or what

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window 11 corrupted my display or what: ProblemAfter upgrading my laptop to window 11 ,, i started noticing red colored lines on left and a blue thin line on right edge of displaysometime it appears a strong colored line sometime like this and blue line on right edgeI was shocked i thought a software problem...
  8. Window 11 corrupted my display or what

Window 11 corrupted my display or what: ProblemAfter upgrading my laptop to window 11 ,, i started noticing red colored lines on left and a blue thin line on right edge of displaysometime it appears a strong colored line sometime like this and blue line on right edgeI was shocked i thought a software problem...
  9. taskbar icon display is corrupted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    taskbar icon display is corrupted: all the pinned icons look the same what can I do?already tried to restart the computer and re-pin them. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-icon-display-is-corrupted/7c92a534-351e-410c-9e2d-58f99fcab403
  10. taskbar icon display is corrupted

in Windows 10 Customization
    taskbar icon display is corrupted: all the pinned icons look the same what can I do?already tried to restart the computer and re-pin them. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-icon-display-is-corrupted/7c92a534-351e-410c-9e2d-58f99fcab403