Windows 10: Corrupted drive folders

Discus and support Corrupted drive folders in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I recently updated my Lenovo Thinkpad and realized the audio and visual capability was not functioning. After many different attempts, I still have not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Skyter_84, Apr 12, 2020.

1. Skyter_84 Win User

Corrupted drive folders

I recently updated my Lenovo Thinkpad and realized the audio and visual capability was not functioning. After many different attempts, I still have not found fix. Troubleshooting only reveals that I have the best drivers available but no input or output devices are found. This is even on Bluetooth devices. Further digging shows the files are corrupt but I don't know how to fix this issue. Has anyone experienced this and is there a solution?

:)

Skyter_84, Apr 12, 2020
  2. topgundcp Win User

Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Apr 12, 2020
  3. Jelo Sen Win User
    Map a network drive folder to my video library

To Include folders using Manage Library Tools, we suggest that you perform the steps below:

• In File Explorer, select or open a library (ex: Videos) you want to include a folder or drive to.
    • Click on the Library Tools Manage tab, and click on the Manage library button in the ribbon.
    • Click on the Add button
    • Browse to and select a folder or drive that you want to include in this library, and click on the Include folder button.
    • When finished, click/tap on OK.
    Keep us updated with the result.

Jelo Sen, Apr 12, 2020
  4. zbook Win User

Corrupted drive folders

Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Apr 12, 2020
Thema:

Corrupted drive folders

1. Corrupted drive folders - Similar Threads - Corrupted drive folders

2. Deleting a corrupted folder for One Drive sync to work.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleting a corrupted folder for One Drive sync to work.: I have a folder in my one drive. That has no contents in it. It is causing issues with the sync on One Drive, that isnt allowing my files to finish backing up onto one drive.When i go to delete the folder it does not allow me to as it says the folder is currently open in...
  3. Deleting a corrupted folder for One Drive sync to work.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleting a corrupted folder for One Drive sync to work.: I have a folder in my one drive. That has no contents in it. It is causing issues with the sync on One Drive, that isnt allowing my files to finish backing up onto one drive.When i go to delete the folder it does not allow me to as it says the folder is currently open in...
  4. Deleting a corrupted folder for One Drive sync to work.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Corrupt drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Corrupt drive: I'm having trouble with my acer laptop, first is the no e when clicking start button. I've logged in and out with different accounts it shows I am the administrator but still getting unable to perform action messages though. Troubleshooting doesn't work. Many messages for...
  6. Corrupt drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Corrupt drive: I'm having trouble with my acer laptop, first is the no e when clicking start button. I've logged in and out with different accounts it shows I am the administrator but still getting unable to perform action messages though. Troubleshooting doesn't work. Many messages for...
  7. Onedrive Folder Corrupted

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Onedrive Folder Corrupted: [ATTACH] I Cannot Delete Onedrive. Because This. Please Help Me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-folder-corrupted/400df75f-5437-4aae-9f86-63b2d6770b37
  8. Corrupted folder on pen drive

Corrupted folder on pen drive: Hello, I used to have a folder on my pen drive but a few days ago it got corrupted i think. Basically, it's no longer an actual folder. On my second laptop it says its a fun2save file. And on my main laptop it's not recognized and the file size is 16 kb. I also have a...
  9. Corrupted Appdata folder?

Corrupted Appdata folder?: A couple of days back I had decided to uncheck the "hidden box" for the appdata folder within my user folder, applying the attribute to files also. I have done this before on previous computers however when restarting my laptop after outlook wasn't loading up, the majority of...
  10. Folder not accessible corrupted or unreadable, driving me nuts!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Folder not accessible corrupted or unreadable, driving me nuts!: Hi there, My pc has been plagued with this issue for quite a while now. I have two drives. One is an NVMe Toshiba which I use for the OS and software. Then I had a Seagate SATA 2tb. After some time entire folders started to disappear. Luckily, most of the time a simple...