Windows 10: Corrupted Edge

Discus and support Corrupted Edge in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I just opened the old MS Edge. [ATTACH] There's no icon. What just happened?... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by AadiSiddiqi, Jul 5, 2020.

1. Corrupted Edge

I just opened the old MS Edge.

Corrupted Edge 26fa59b6-c021-4fa8-aef2-b67ebb1ebe9d?upload=true.jpg

There's no icon. What just happened?

:)

AadiSiddiqi, Jul 5, 2020

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jul 5, 2020
  3. zbook Win User
    Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Jul 5, 2020
  4. Corrupted Edge

edge icon and app disappearing!

Hello,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing Microsoft Edge, we will help you with this issue.

Method 1: I suggest you to follow the below method and check.

Steps:

• Press Windows key
    • Type Edge
    • Right click on Microsoft Edge and select
      Pin to taskbar

Method 2: If the issue still persists, I suggest you to run SFC scan and check.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.

• Now check for the issue.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 5, 2020
Thema:

Corrupted Edge

1. Corrupted Edge - Similar Threads - Corrupted Edge

2. Microsoft Edge Corrupted according to Event Viewer.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Edge Corrupted according to Event Viewer.: I don't use Edge, but I would still like for it not to be corrupted, to prevent other issues cropping up because of it.These are the two errors that will pop up, around 3 of each every day. Is there any way I can repair Edge?...
  3. HEVC codec from the Microsoft Store corrupts protected video in Edge, HEIC seems buggy, too.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    HEVC codec from the Microsoft Store corrupts protected video in Edge, HEIC seems buggy, too.: This seems to have been an issue going on for years, but it's still there. When I install the HEVC codec by Microsoft in the Windows Store, protected video on services like Netflix starts stuttering, getting corrupted and freeze/hang the computer. The issue goes away if I...
  4. Some letters are corrupted in Start menu and in windows options including Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Some letters are corrupted in Start menu and in windows options including Microsoft Edge: [ATTACH] Please help me about this :D i would be very helpful, this also happens on Microsoft Edge https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/some-letters-are-corrupted-in-start-menu-and-in/961dd2e3-656a-4dcb-b9fa-f940893c0c86
  5. Corrupt tile data base, start menu + cortana + taskbar functionality lost + edge browser...

in Cortana
    Corrupt tile data base, start menu + cortana + taskbar functionality lost + edge browser...: To those of you who have lost start button functionality, cortana functionality, taskbar functionality, have a corrupt tile data base and have tried all the recommended tricks with no luck, there might be another option. It has worked for me and resolved most if not all of...
  6. Windows 10 - Edge browser corruption after drag

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 - Edge browser corruption after drag: [img] This happens with the Edge browser when I try to enlarge the window by dragging. This has happened for as long as I can remember. I have had windows 10 from Beta and through all updates and it has happened with Edge as long as I can remember. My graphics drivers are...
  7. microsoft edge screen corruption any webpage

in Browsers and Email
    microsoft edge screen corruption any webpage: as the title says, edge is unusable, all webpages are corrupted Windows 10 latest release, i5 4670, gtx 950, 16gb ram sfc finds nothing have removed the folder and reinstalled the edge package made a new profile, etc.. same results.. doesn't affect other browsers [img]...
  8. Microsoft Edge recent jump list corrupted?

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge recent jump list corrupted?: Hi. I have a problem with Edge recent jump list. It's not working correctly. See attachment. Is anybody else having this problem and does anyone know how I can fix this? Thanks. 57212
  9. Edge browser Corruption

in Browsers and Email
    Edge browser Corruption: Looks like another deferral is in order *Rolleyes Thanks for everything.
  10. Corrupted Microsoft Edge image file

in Windows 10 Support
    Corrupted Microsoft Edge image file: Out of habit I ran SFC scan after finishing Win10 upgrade & Windows Updates and found out that MicrosoftEdgeSquare44x44.scale-125_contrast-white.png is corrupted. After a quick google search, seems there a few other Win10 users with the same problem. Neither SFC or...