Windows 10: Corrupted File Explorer Display

Discus and support Corrupted File Explorer Display in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I checked as best I could in "Community" for an answer to this and, while there were other issues of corrupted display, none of them addressed this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by CaliforniaRogue, Dec 31, 2019.

1. Corrupted File Explorer Display

I checked as best I could in "Community" for an answer to this and, while there were other issues of corrupted display, none of them addressed this specific problem.

Can someone please tell me why my File Explorer display looks like this and how I can fix it? It's really inconvenient as you can tell.

- This problem began suddenly in just the past few days.

- No software installed or updated around the time the problem began.

- All Windows updates are current.

- No problems found by Norton.

- I ran "sfc /scannow", as recommended in another thread, with no effect.

Please help. I use this "trail" very often.

Corrupted File Explorer Display 71b9899d-d34c-4f98-837f-01b47fda631d?upload=true.jpg

:)

CaliforniaRogue, Dec 31, 2019

2. Corrupted file RAR

If the archive has been created using WinRAR, why don't you try WinRAR itself? It has a built-in repair feature for repairing corrupted archive (ZIP as well as RAR). Follow the steps given below:
    • Open WinRAR application in your system.
    • Now click on File tab > Open or simply press Ctrl+O.
    • A small window "Find Archive" will pop up. Locate the corrupt RAR archive from your system directory and select it.
    • Now click Open button.
    • Click Tools tab > Repair archive or simply press Alt+R.
    • Again a small window "Repairing File name.rar" will pop up.
    • Now click Browse to select a location to save the repaired archive.
    • Check the box "Treat the corrupt archive as RAR" and click OK.
    • WinRAR will start repairing of corrupt RAR archive. Once it gets completed click Close.
    I hope the above steps will help you repair the corrupted RAR archive.

Thanks.

Lincoln Dunne, Dec 31, 2019
  3. I have added the file count column to my folder in File Explorer. However, the actual file count is not displaying.

Hi Loren,

I appreciate if you could answer a
    few questions to narrow down the issue and to provide you better assistance.

• How did you added file count column for folders in File Explorer? What are the steps did you followed?
    • When you say, "actual file count is not displaying" is this issue specific to any folder or happening with all folders?
    • Have you installed any third party anti-virus on your system?
    Meanwhile, I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if this helps.

• Open File Explorer.
    • Click on View from navigation pane and choose Detail pane.
    Write to us with the above information and status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Dec 31, 2019
  4. Anne Ros Win User

Corrupted File Explorer Display

corrupt Folder in File Explorer

Hi,

this might be caused by a virus or a corrupted files. To assist you in resolving the issue, we suggest running the System File Checker. It helps scan and restore corrupted files. Check this link on how to know the step-by-step procedure in performing
    System File Checker.

Let us know if you need further help.

Anne Ros, Dec 31, 2019
Thema:

Corrupted File Explorer Display

1. Corrupted File Explorer Display - Similar Threads - Corrupted File Explorer

2. File Explorer not displaying saved files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer not displaying saved files: File Explorer shows the contents of C:\, however files saved to C:\ are not displayed. Programs can access them and they show in the open files dialogs but not File Explorer.I do try not to save to C:\, but sometimes I must. For example Photoshop often tells me my disks are...
  3. File Explorer not displaying saved files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer not displaying saved files: File Explorer shows the contents of C:\, however files saved to C:\ are not displayed. Programs can access them and they show in the open files dialogs but not File Explorer.I do try not to save to C:\, but sometimes I must. For example Photoshop often tells me my disks are...
  4. File Explorer not displaying saved files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows11 Corrupt File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows11 Corrupt File Explorer: I posted a similar question before thinking the problem was with file association but from the web I understand it has to do with the File Explorer. I always do all my work from File Explorer so recently when I want to rename, cut, paste or open a PDF, xlsx or docx nothing...
  6. Windows11 Corrupt File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows11 Corrupt File Explorer: I posted a similar question before thinking the problem was with file association but from the web I understand it has to do with the File Explorer. I always do all my work from File Explorer so recently when I want to rename, cut, paste or open a PDF, xlsx or docx nothing...
  7. Corrupt files and File Explorer is not responding

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Corrupt files and File Explorer is not responding: Hello, I have tried opening a Word Document and it caused the File Explorer to not respond. I ran an SFC scan and was told the problem were corrupt files. So, I ran a DSMI scan and it apparently fixed it. However, File Explorer still stops responding when I try opening up a...
  8. Display of files displayed in Windows Explorer

Display of files displayed in Windows Explorer: I am running Win10 Pro on a Surface Pro and I want to NOT have the Widows Explorer sub-total my files by date. Unfortunately I can't find anything anywhere that tells me how to accomplish that. Does anyone have a solution? Thanks for your help....
  9. File Explorer is corrupt and freezes

File Explorer is corrupt and freezes: I currently use a laptop with windows 10 on it and my file explorer wont work. I'm unable to download anything off the internet and whenever i go to check my download folder, if i scroll down past a certain part in it, it freezes and doesn't respond. When i then close the...
  10. File Explorer Suspected Disk Corruption

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer Suspected Disk Corruption: I had an unexpected and frightening error with file explorer in Windows 10 Pro. I have a Western Digital My Book Duo for saving backups and found it was formatted Raid 0 instead of mirroring. I started the process to convert it to mirroring, but first had to backup the...