Windows 10: Corrupted file filled up OneDrive

Discus and support Corrupted file filled up OneDrive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I had trouble with my Nintendo Switch saying that the micro SD card I was using was full while at the same time saying that there were 30 GB of free... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Phantom56657, Dec 6, 2020.

1. Corrupted file filled up OneDrive

I had trouble with my Nintendo Switch saying that the micro SD card I was using was full while at the same time saying that there were 30 GB of free space on it. I looked through the files and found a file for Pokemon Sword that was labelled as corrupted. I tried deleting the file, but the issue didn't go away and it started saying that an Animal Crossings file was corrupted. At this point I decided I would try to erase everything on my SD card and start fresh, and this is where I made my fatal mistake: I backed my files up on my computer before deleting them. The instant I backed my files up in a file that was backed by OneDrive I was informed that my OneDrive memory was full. I'm guessing some file on my SD card wasn't "closed" properly and appears to be taking up all of my memory. How do I cap this file off or get rid of it? Any time I try deleting a file marked as corrupted it only causes a different file to be labelled as corrupted!

:)

Phantom56657, Dec 6, 2020

2. Corrupted file RAR

If the archive has been created using WinRAR, why don't you try WinRAR itself? It has a built-in repair feature for repairing corrupted archive (ZIP as well as RAR). Follow the steps given below:
    • Open WinRAR application in your system.
    • Now click on File tab > Open or simply press Ctrl+O.
    • A small window "Find Archive" will pop up. Locate the corrupt RAR archive from your system directory and select it.
    • Now click Open button.
    • Click Tools tab > Repair archive or simply press Alt+R.
    • Again a small window "Repairing File name.rar" will pop up.
    • Now click Browse to select a location to save the repaired archive.
    • Check the box "Treat the corrupt archive as RAR" and click OK.
    • WinRAR will start repairing of corrupt RAR archive. Once it gets completed click Close.
    I hope the above steps will help you repair the corrupted RAR archive.

Thanks.

Lincoln Dunne, Dec 6, 2020
  3. All text files appear corrupted

This appears to be some type of crypto malware at first glance. There are methods of removal and recovery available, but there are many variants of such malware. I would suggest to stop using your computer immediately and have the hard drive serviced by an experienced IT repair professional.

You may be able to recover older versions of your files in OneDrive that are not corrupted following these steps provided by Microsoft.

DontCopyThatFloppy, Dec 6, 2020
  4. Corrupted file filled up OneDrive

Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Dec 6, 2020
Thema:

Corrupted file filled up OneDrive

1. Corrupted file filled up OneDrive - Similar Threads - Corrupted file filled

2. Onedrive corrupts files by changing file names

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Onedrive corrupts files by changing file names: This needs to be fixed by Microsoft ASAP, this is the second time I have faced this problem and has cost me days to restore all my files:Onedrive was not synching anymore this happens every so often and the advice that microsoft gives is to reset onedrive. I followed these...
  3. Onedrive corrupts files and file names

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Onedrive corrupts files and file names: I have started to get a message that there are 30 odd files with names that Onedrive cannot save because of characters Onedrive cannot save. Those characters were never, never, never part of the original file name, I have no idea how to insert them into a file name. Some of...
  4. Onedrive corrupts files and file names

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onedrive corrupts files and file names: I have started to get a message that there are 30 odd files with names that Onedrive cannot save because of characters Onedrive cannot save. Those characters were never, never, never part of the original file name, I have no idea how to insert them into a file name. Some of...
  5. Onedrive corrupts files and file names

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. OneDrive Free Up Space blocked corrupted my files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    OneDrive Free Up Space blocked corrupted my files: I clicked Free Up Space because OneDrive said I had too many files. I thought I would get some info or instructions, but it said it was changing file properties, and away it went. After awhile it stopped and said it needed Administrator privileges to do something. I didn't...
  7. OneDrive is filling up without me downloading anything

OneDrive is filling up without me downloading anything: I don't have a great grasp on what OneDrive is. I got a notification one day that it was full, so I clicked to free up space and it took me to a page where I could delete various files. I did this and got down to around 3.4/5gb. A couple of hours later without me downloading...
  8. Onedrive will not stop updating files and filling up my recycle bin with .sga files

Onedrive will not stop updating files and filling up my recycle bin with .sga files: Onedrive will not stop updating files and filling up my recycle bin with .sga files. What are these files? How do I stop this? This only started today. Why?! I just learnt they are game's files from Relic? Eh?! Now my game doesn't work and steam has gone wrong! Please...
  9. AppX filling up temp file!

AppX filling up temp file!: What does Microsoft say about the problem of AppX error/service filling up a Temp file and that even if you delete it they start again? It uses up computer memory.....!!! Thank you....
  10. corrupted fille

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    corrupted fille: following a recent window 10 update my Arcsoft Total Media 3.5 does not function I cannot now pick a date or time to download a TV program .I can only get a tv program if I manualy set the the program when it starts...