Windows 10: Corrupted files even after reformat / reinstalling Windows 10

Discus and support Corrupted files even after reformat / reinstalling Windows 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So this issue started the other day after I had a windows update stop in a middle of a percentage and then after many hours I turned off the computer.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by jose86DH, Apr 27, 2021.

1. jose86DH Win User

Corrupted files even after reformat / reinstalling Windows 10

So this issue started the other day after I had a windows update stop in a middle of a percentage and then after many hours I turned off the computer. Tried doing the update again. Then after that update windows gave me a black screen, only thing working was ctrl alt del. After trying several things from other peoples forum-threads, I did a Windows restore / reset or what it is called in English, where it resets everything and saves old windows in other directory. This didnt help though, I got a little further this time - to the logon screen but after login in it turned black and only thing

:)

jose86DH, Apr 27, 2021

2. Corrupted file RAR

If the archive has been created using WinRAR, why don't you try WinRAR itself? It has a built-in repair feature for repairing corrupted archive (ZIP as well as RAR). Follow the steps given below:
    • Open WinRAR application in your system.
    • Now click on File tab > Open or simply press Ctrl+O.
    • A small window "Find Archive" will pop up. Locate the corrupt RAR archive from your system directory and select it.
    • Now click Open button.
    • Click Tools tab > Repair archive or simply press Alt+R.
    • Again a small window "Repairing File name.rar" will pop up.
    • Now click Browse to select a location to save the repaired archive.
    • Check the box "Treat the corrupt archive as RAR" and click OK.
    • WinRAR will start repairing of corrupt RAR archive. Once it gets completed click Close.
    I hope the above steps will help you repair the corrupted RAR archive.

Thanks.

Lincoln Dunne, Apr 27, 2021
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 27, 2021
  4. Corrupted files even after reformat / reinstalling Windows 10

Windows 10 Upgrade

Hi,

Is there any info that we can download the Windows 10 ISO file or Bootable file to have a fresh install of Windows 10 using our recent Windows key or Upgrade key.

As far as I have known, installing via upgrade can cause some corrupt files and etc.

A reformat or clean install would be better.

Any thoughts?

rubenclavs, Apr 27, 2021
Thema:

Corrupted files even after reformat / reinstalling Windows 10

1. Corrupted files even after reformat / reinstalling Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Corrupted files reformat

2. Game bar file corrupt even after windows 11 reinstall

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game bar file corrupt even after windows 11 reinstall: My gamebar file is corrupted and I really am at a lose at how to fix it. It crashes my whole pc if I put the graphics to high or sometimes they won’t even be high and it will still crash please help it’s been plague. My pc has above specs to run my games too like destiny...
  3. Game bar file corrupt even after windows 11 reinstall

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Game bar file corrupt even after windows 11 reinstall: My gamebar file is corrupted and I really am at a lose at how to fix it. It crashes my whole pc if I put the graphics to high or sometimes they won’t even be high and it will still crash please help it’s been plague. My pc has above specs to run my games too like destiny...
  4. PC BSOD even after reformatting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC BSOD even after reformatting: This is the info from the dump file https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-bsod-even-after-reformatting/75d0ded5-d8f9-4e8d-b4fc-a31ab50662e5
  5. PC BSOD even after reformatting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC BSOD even after reformatting: This is the info from the dump file https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-bsod-even-after-reformatting/75d0ded5-d8f9-4e8d-b4fc-a31ab50662e5
  6. PC BSOD even after reformatting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Windows 10 hangs, even after reinstall

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 hangs, even after reinstall: So, first and foremost, I update Windows immediately... After having a overwhelmingly good running install on my PC since quite a couple of years, things have gotten worse mid-2020. This I concluded with the fact that the machine has been running this install for years, so...
  8. Reinstall Win 10 upgrade after HD reformat

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reinstall Win 10 upgrade after HD reformat: The original OS on my PC was Win 7 Pro. I upgraded to Win 10-Pro a while ago with the free upgrade path. I was having trouble with the PC running very slowly and was told by the manufacturer that it was probably because the HD was dying. I don't think it is, but to give the...
  9. Windows files always corrupted even after repairs?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows files always corrupted even after repairs?: I notice that after i run these commands in powershell or cmd: sfc /scannow, DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth, Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"} . and run sfc /scannow...
  10. Taskbar empty even after 10 reinstalled with ISO file

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar empty even after 10 reinstalled with ISO file: Three weeks ago, my taskbar icons disappeared. After trying many suggestions I've found on forums, I decided to reinstall windows 10 using the iso file and keeping my programs and apps. When that finished loading, my taskbar was once again populated with icons. Life was good...