Windows 10: Corrupted files on Pc making games crash

Discus and support Corrupted files on Pc making games crash in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Recently reinstalled windows 10 because of stuttering in games and blue screens after every restart. Those two issues are gone but now my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DanHall25, Nov 20, 2020.

1. DanHall25 Win User

Corrupted files on Pc making games crash

Corrupted files on Pc making games crash 0a4f9aec-d60f-4a57-a7b5-0d78c5e81959?upload=true.png

Recently reinstalled windows 10 because of stuttering in games and blue screens after every restart. Those two issues are gone but now my games crash like after 15 minutes. So I ran CMD and done SFC scan and it found corrupted files on my pc which I will show down below. I went through the CBS notepad and looked for the corrupt files. Their was 4 of them but one of them is fixed as their is now just 3.

Corrupt file 1:Could not reproject corrupted file \??\C:\WINDOWS\System32\Macromed\Flash\\Flash.ocx; source file in store is also corrupted
    Corrupt file 2:Could not reproject corrupted file \??\C:\WINDOWS\System32\\deviceassociation.dll; source file in store is also corrupted
    Corrupt file 3:Could not reproject corrupted file \??\C:\Program Files\Reference Assemblies\Microsoft\Framework\v3.0\\PresentationFramework.dll; source file in store is also corrupted

Please help I had just problem after problem thought I fixed everything with the reinstall of windows 10 but looks like more errors followed me.

:)

DanHall25, Nov 20, 2020

2. Corrupted file RAR

If the archive has been created using WinRAR, why don't you try WinRAR itself? It has a built-in repair feature for repairing corrupted archive (ZIP as well as RAR). Follow the steps given below:
    • Open WinRAR application in your system.
    • Now click on File tab > Open or simply press Ctrl+O.
    • A small window "Find Archive" will pop up. Locate the corrupt RAR archive from your system directory and select it.
    • Now click Open button.
    • Click Tools tab > Repair archive or simply press Alt+R.
    • Again a small window "Repairing File name.rar" will pop up.
    • Now click Browse to select a location to save the repaired archive.
    • Check the box "Treat the corrupt archive as RAR" and click OK.
    • WinRAR will start repairing of corrupt RAR archive. Once it gets completed click Close.
    I hope the above steps will help you repair the corrupted RAR archive.

Thanks.

Lincoln Dunne, Nov 20, 2020
  3. Windows Store Game Crashes/Won't launch

Hi,

There are many possible reasons why your games are crashing on your PC. Corrupted game components or system files may cause the issue. To resolve your concern, we suggest that you run the Windows Update troubleshooter on this
    link. After running the troubleshooter, you may follow the instructions provided or manually check for updates and install all the critical or important updates on this

link

You can also reset the game from the Settings menu to help restore corrupted game installation files.

• Press the Windows key on your keyboard, and then click the Settings icon.
    • Select System, and then select Apps & features.
    • Find the game, and then click on Advanced options.
    • Click Reset.
    • Restart your computer for the changes to take effect.

Make sure that your games and apps are updated on Windows Store by following the steps on this

link

Keep us updated with the results after performing the suggested solutions above.

Loraine Mon, Nov 20, 2020
  4. Corrupted files on Pc making games crash

Microsoft Sudoku Daily Challenge game crashes during the game.

Hi LJamesBlythe,

Having a corrupted game file is one of the potential reasons why Microsoft Sudoku crashes when playing. To help you resolve this concern, I need to gather more details. Kindly answer the questions below:

• When did the issue start?
    • Are you experiencing this concern with all of your games?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have done so far?
    • Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the affected game?

In the meantime, I suggest that you perform the troubleshooting steps below:

Step 1: Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps using the link below. This can help remove problems with an app from Microsoft Store.

Click here

Step 2: Check for updates for apps and games from Windows Store. Kindly click the link below to proceed:

Check for updates for apps and games from Windows Store

Step 3: Delete Temporary files. This will help delete temporary files that have been stored on your computer.

1. Click Start and click Settings.
    2. Select System.
    3. Select Storage.
    4. Select This PC.
    5. Click Temporary files.
    6. Choose Temporary files.
    7. Click Remove files.

Step 4: Reset the game from the Settings menu.

1. Click Start and click Settings.
    2. Select System.
    3. Select Apps and features.
    4. Find the game and click Advanced options.
    5. Click Reset. You need to restart your computer to let the changes take effect.

Kindly update us with the results, so that we can assist you further.

Wilfred Mac, Nov 20, 2020
Thema:

Corrupted files on Pc making games crash

1. Corrupted files on Pc making games crash - Similar Threads - Corrupted files making

2. Game crashed and pc crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game crashed and pc crashes: I just recently got this pc without ssd on it and i got a good ssd and put windows on it but everytime i try to launch fortnite or a game i get error codes and my pc even sometimes crashes someone please help me...
  3. Game crashed and pc crashes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Game crashed and pc crashes: I just recently got this pc without ssd on it and i got a good ssd and put windows on it but everytime i try to launch fortnite or a game i get error codes and my pc even sometimes crashes someone please help me...
  4. Windows keeps crashing and games that I play are having files corrupted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows keeps crashing and games that I play are having files corrupted: I did some driver testing and made some .dmp files, but I can't read them to figure out if I'm having driver issues that's causing all of these messes. I've tried reinstalling GPU drivers a few times and using older versions, but none of that worked unfortunately. I've also...
  5. Windows keeps crashing and games that I play are having files corrupted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows keeps crashing and games that I play are having files corrupted: I did some driver testing and made some .dmp files, but I can't read them to figure out if I'm having driver issues that's causing all of these messes. I've tried reinstalling GPU drivers a few times and using older versions, but none of that worked unfortunately. I've also...
  6. Xbox game bar making my pc crash

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Xbox game bar making my pc crash: This happened me twice in this week,So in first I've turn on my pc like normally do. A little after I've started up windows my PC randomly restarted.I've looked in Reliability Monitor and before my PC restarted abnormally, there was a log saying:"Xbox game bar - Stopped...
  7. gaming pc crashing in games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    gaming pc crashing in games: i keep getting errors "kmode exception not handled" and once got the error "system thread exception not handled". my pc is a brand new gaming pc that i built mid September all brand new parts it worked for about a month with no issues then i started getting the error "DCP...
  8. pc makes a buzzing crashes during gaming and has to be restaeted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pc makes a buzzing crashes during gaming and has to be restaeted: pc keeps crashing while gaming https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-makes-a-buzzing-crashes-during-gaming-and-has/b31aea79-7442-4ea2-84f0-0302427351ce
  9. crashing PC game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    crashing PC game: Is anyone using the PC game Hidden City - Hidden Mystery Adventure game crashing, when you hit the continue to game button. This has been happening for more than 4 days now. Microsoft Please fix this game!!!!...
  10. Game files corruption

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Game files corruption: I can still access my hard disk without problems, I can copy, paste and move files. But what I don't understand is that when I'm installing games, those game files are being corrupted. Here are the examples.[ATTACH][ATTACH] Any possibles causes and solutions for this...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Pc windows file corrupted when playing games