Windows 10: Corrupted files present even after full re install. Is it a problem?

Discus and support Corrupted files present even after full re install. Is it a problem? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So I had a malware problem I am not even sure if its malware so help me with this that happened before which led me to do a complete re install of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by YoussefMaged1, Nov 4, 2020.

1. Corrupted files present even after full re install. Is it a problem?

So I had a malware problem I am not even sure if its malware so help me with this that happened before which led me to do a complete re install of Windows 10 just to be safe. Basically my antivirus Kaspersky disappeared when I opened my computer one day and also there were some problems in windows settings. Windows security was completely blank and there were no options and when I tried to check for updates in gave me an error. Also opening "Advanced options" from the updates menu made it go unresponsive.

So I re installed Kaspersky and did a full scan and got these reports:
    Corrupted files present even after full re install. Is it a problem? [​IMG]Corrupted files present even after full re install. Is it a problem? [​IMG]

I apologize for the terrible quality.

Now I did a complete re install of Windows 10 and did a scan and it did not detect any viruses or threats but it again showed that these files were corrupted:
    Corrupted files present even after full re install. Is it a problem? [​IMG]

So I appears that there are 3 files in the E drive, which is the recovery drive that HP uses to install all the HP apps whenever I re install windows, and 2 files in the C drive.

Should I worry about this or just leave it be? Also why did this Kaspersky getting deleted by itself issue happen again? it happened 5 months ago and I did a post here and now it happened again. This is not the first time I re install windows because of this issue.

I would really appreciate any help that I could get on that because it is really frustrating me.

:)

YoussefMaged1, Nov 4, 2020

2. Corrupted file RAR

If the archive has been created using WinRAR, why don't you try WinRAR itself? It has a built-in repair feature for repairing corrupted archive (ZIP as well as RAR). Follow the steps given below:
    • Open WinRAR application in your system.
    • Now click on File tab > Open or simply press Ctrl+O.
    • A small window "Find Archive" will pop up. Locate the corrupt RAR archive from your system directory and select it.
    • Now click Open button.
    • Click Tools tab > Repair archive or simply press Alt+R.
    • Again a small window "Repairing File name.rar" will pop up.
    • Now click Browse to select a location to save the repaired archive.
    • Check the box "Treat the corrupt archive as RAR" and click OK.
    • WinRAR will start repairing of corrupt RAR archive. Once it gets completed click Close.
    I hope the above steps will help you repair the corrupted RAR archive.

Thanks.

Lincoln Dunne, Nov 4, 2020
  3. Replacing corrupt files

Hello,

Error: 0x800f081f can occur when an alternative installation source is specified and one of the following conditions is true:

• The location that is specified by the path does not contain the files that are required to install the feature.
    • The user who tries to install the feature does not have at least READ access to the location and to the files.
    • The set of installation files is corrupted, incomplete, or invalid for the version of Windows that you are running.

To fix this problem, make sure that the full path of the source is correct (x:\sources\sxs) and that you have at least Read access to the location. To do this, try to access the source directly from the affected computer. Verify that the installation source
    contains a valid and complete set of files. If the problem persists, try to use a different installation source.

To resolve the issue, kindly follow the steps below.

• Download the Windows Media Creation tool, and create an ISO image locally, or create an image for the version of Windows that you have installed.
    • Configure the Group Policy as in Method 2, but also follow these steps:
      • Mount the ISO image that's created in step 1.
      • Point the Alternate source file path to the ISO sources\sxs folder from the ISO.
      • Run the gpupdate /force command.
      • Add the .Net framework feature.

Check if that resolves the issue.

Your response to the solution will be highly appreciated.

Vanessa Oca, Nov 4, 2020
  4. Eiji T Win User

Corrupted files present even after full re install. Is it a problem?

Corrupt Files

I strongly suggest reinstalling Windows because this step will allow the computer to revert to the drivers and refresh system files related to the problem. It's possible that the network device driver is no longer working properly, and the issue with resetting
    the PC might be cause by corrupted or missing system files.

Eiji T, Nov 4, 2020
Thema:

Corrupted files present even after full re install. Is it a problem?

1. Corrupted files present even after full re install. Is it a problem? - Similar Threads - Corrupted files present

2. Constant BSOD, Even After Re-Installing Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Constant BSOD, Even After Re-Installing Windows: Hi,I recently built my first PC a few months ago, but after installing Windows, I've been running into constant BSOD errors . My hardware is all fine, with all components properly seated. I have downloaded both BlueScreenView and WinDbg Preview in an attempt to navigate...
  3. Constant BSOD, Even After Re-Installing Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Constant BSOD, Even After Re-Installing Windows: Hi,I recently built my first PC a few months ago, but after installing Windows, I've been running into constant BSOD errors . My hardware is all fine, with all components properly seated. I have downloaded both BlueScreenView and WinDbg Preview in an attempt to navigate...
  4. File not found error even if the file is present.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File not found error even if the file is present.: I have a folder on my desktop. I am trying to delete the folder. But it's showing that it cannot find anything to delete even if the folder is there and I can see it....
  5. File not found error even if the file is present.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File not found error even if the file is present.: I have a folder on my desktop. I am trying to delete the folder. But it's showing that it cannot find anything to delete even if the folder is there and I can see it....
  6. File not found error even if the file is present.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. BSODs and corrupt files even after clean installing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSODs and corrupt files even after clean installing: I have an HP 255 G7 laptop which I bought in September 2019. At some point in early spring, more often than not when I turn it on the spinning wheel animation freezes and then it either throws a BSOD with the error DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION and then reboots successfully into...
  8. 1803 - 1809 Desktop corrupt, cannot repair even after Win 10 re-install

in Windows 10 Customization
    1803 - 1809 Desktop corrupt, cannot repair even after Win 10 re-install: had 1803, tried to update to 1909 on my SP4 but kept getting failures. Went to the MS website and installed the latest build. All went through fine but my desktop is totally corrupt when using the SP4 screen or external. Icons overlayed, cant move them around the screen....
  9. problem after window10 re-installation

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    problem after window10 re-installation: After reinstalling windows 10 files in documents folder are read only. I tried to change this but I get error message saying access denied. I also get a message saying controlled folder access blocked by dllhost.exe. How do I get round this. as I cannot write files to those...
  10. Corrupted Files Problem (even after clean install)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Corrupted Files Problem (even after clean install): Hello everbody, I recently bought a new pc with windows 10 installed and had some problems concerning windows store updates. I found that I had a lot of corrupted files and as it normally happens the sfc /scannow or dism could not take care of all of them. I made a clean...