Windows 10: Corrupted files/size far too big

Discus and support Corrupted files/size far too big in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Help - I copied my images from phone to laptop. Now the folder is showing astronomical sizes, and all files are corrupted... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SunburntCleric, May 30, 2019.

1. Corrupted files/size far too big

Corrupted files/size far too big 50d63643-1c74-4096-9a9f-4075cf2cf7f0?upload=true.jpg

Help - I copied my images from phone to laptop. Now the folder is showing astronomical sizes, and all files are corrupted

:)

SunburntCleric, May 30, 2019

2. Corrupted file RAR

If the archive has been created using WinRAR, why don't you try WinRAR itself? It has a built-in repair feature for repairing corrupted archive (ZIP as well as RAR). Follow the steps given below:
    • Open WinRAR application in your system.
    • Now click on File tab > Open or simply press Ctrl+O.
    • A small window "Find Archive" will pop up. Locate the corrupt RAR archive from your system directory and select it.
    • Now click Open button.
    • Click Tools tab > Repair archive or simply press Alt+R.
    • Again a small window "Repairing File name.rar" will pop up.
    • Now click Browse to select a location to save the repaired archive.
    • Check the box "Treat the corrupt archive as RAR" and click OK.
    • WinRAR will start repairing of corrupt RAR archive. Once it gets completed click Close.
    I hope the above steps will help you repair the corrupted RAR archive.

Thanks.

Lincoln Dunne, May 30, 2019
  3. mroofie Win User
    Corrupted file RAR

as far as I know you can try the repair option but usually that never works and that's why it might be impossible to get the files back :/

Who owns those rar files ?

mroofie, May 30, 2019
  4. Corrupted files/size far too big

Corrupted file RAR

I dl files via a p2p network. When I open them via WinRar,it gives me an error message that the file cannot be opened as it is corrupted( do not recollect the exact wordings). Is there a way to correct/repair this. It is at times frustrating to find that a file is corrupted esp when the size is a few 100 Mb or more and has taken some time to dl !!

Is there a way to find if a file is corrupted in advance ??

Thx in advance.

JustinWalt, May 30, 2019
Thema:

Corrupted files/size far too big

1. Corrupted files/size far too big - Similar Threads - Corrupted files size

2. "windows" file in AppData\Local\Microsoft file size is too big

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "windows" file in AppData\Local\Microsoft file size is too big: i noticed that my "Windows" file was too big 71GB. but when I hit "Properties" inside the directory, it's not even reached 1GB. can anyone explain to me why is it happen or how to reduce its file size? here's the screenshot the forum won't let me upload it...
  3. "windows" file in AppData\Local\Microsoft file size is too big

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "windows" file in AppData\Local\Microsoft file size is too big: i noticed that my "Windows" file was too big 71GB. but when I hit "Properties" inside the directory, it's not even reached 1GB. can anyone explain to me why is it happen or how to reduce its file size? here's the screenshot the forum won't let me upload it...
  4. "windows" file in AppData\Local\Microsoft file size is too big

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "windows" file in AppData\Local\Microsoft file size is too big: i noticed that my "Windows" file was too big 74GB. but when I hit "Properties" inside the directory, it's not even reached 1GB. can anyone explain to me why is it happen or how to reduce its file size? sorry for my bad english, thanks in advance....
  5. Games size too big

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games size too big: So I wanted to download a game and for eg lets take the game "hollow knight" for now. So I searched up its size on steam and it said that its 3.5 gb something and when i went to xbox app the download size is 7gb can someone explain why?...
  6. System file too big & file size not adding up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    System file too big & file size not adding up: Hello, Recently I purchased a new PC and did a fresh install of Windows 10 Home on it. As I have 500GB SSD, I split it into two partitions, I allocated 50GB for Windows and the rest is for file storage/games etc. The problem is, merely a week after fresh install the system...
  7. Text size too big

in Windows 10 Customization
    Text size too big: I have windows 10, and all of a sudden all of the text is way too big. The settings say that the text is normal size but i used to be able to read the entire name of things like the names of icons on the desktop and all the text on the file explorer. [ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  8. My font size is way too big

My font size is way too big: My font size is way to large - how can i shrink it down? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-font-size-is-way-too-big/34021dce-8240-4c29-a2f1-abc549167ca9
  9. Screen size too big

Screen size too big: Hey everyone My monitor dies so I temporarily theived a 13' led toshiba tv I have around. Connected via HDMI Running Windows 10 insider latest build My desktop is way too large to fit on the screen. I have to drag the tasl bar up to its maximum height just to see it....
  10. Font size too big for some programs

Font size too big for some programs: Hey guys. I need your help. Not long ago, I refreshed my Windows 10 laptop. when installing programs I noticed some of them now seem to have a bolder font than their usual appearance. The used to look like this... [ATTACH] I regret not having a screenshot of Easy Audio...