Windows 10: Corrupted files that are impossible to delete

Discus and support Corrupted files that are impossible to delete in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, while I was looking at my temp folder, a folder was not being deleted. I looked inside the folder and found this: [ATTACH] Sorry for the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Rian Licup, Oct 12, 2020.

1. Corrupted files that are impossible to delete

Hello, while I was looking at my temp folder, a folder was not being deleted. I looked inside the folder and found this:

Corrupted files that are impossible to delete 0e8bcd10-ef9f-470c-81eb-021d1fe7859a?upload=true.png

Sorry for the large images, but here is what I think caused these corrupted files:

The temp folder is actually located in my USB, and in some cases I have to unplug the USB after my laptop shuts down without ejecting the USB. Maybe this what caused the corrupted data. Also, if these files were here before, can someone tell me on how to delete them? I'm afraid it could corrupt the entire USB drive.

:)

Rian Licup, Oct 12, 2020

2. Corrupted file RAR

If the archive has been created using WinRAR, why don't you try WinRAR itself? It has a built-in repair feature for repairing corrupted archive (ZIP as well as RAR). Follow the steps given below:
    • Open WinRAR application in your system.
    • Now click on File tab > Open or simply press Ctrl+O.
    • A small window "Find Archive" will pop up. Locate the corrupt RAR archive from your system directory and select it.
    • Now click Open button.
    • Click Tools tab > Repair archive or simply press Alt+R.
    • Again a small window "Repairing File name.rar" will pop up.
    • Now click Browse to select a location to save the repaired archive.
    • Check the box "Treat the corrupt archive as RAR" and click OK.
    • WinRAR will start repairing of corrupt RAR archive. Once it gets completed click Close.
    I hope the above steps will help you repair the corrupted RAR archive.

Thanks.

Lincoln Dunne, Oct 12, 2020
  3. Jetster Win User
    Corrupted file RAR

If its many rar files just delete the corrupted one and then download it again

Jetster, Oct 12, 2020
  4. mroofie Win User

Corrupted files that are impossible to delete

Corrupted file RAR

as far as I know you can try the repair option but usually that never works and that's why it might be impossible to get the files back :/

Who owns those rar files ?

mroofie, Oct 12, 2020
Thema:

Corrupted files that are impossible to delete

1. Corrupted files that are impossible to delete - Similar Threads - Corrupted files are

2. Cannot delete corrupted PDF file.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot delete corrupted PDF file.: Cannot delete corrupted PDF file. Tried with Safe Mode and Admin DOS prompt. Command DIR listed the file but command DEL or DEL /F /Q /A returns: "The system cannot find the path specified."...
  3. Cannot delete corrupted PDF file.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot delete corrupted PDF file.: Cannot delete corrupted PDF file. Tried with Safe Mode and Admin DOS prompt. Command DIR listed the file but command DEL or DEL /F /Q /A returns: "The system cannot find the path specified."...
  4. Cannot delete corrupted PDF file.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. winscomrssrv.dll impossible to delete it.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    winscomrssrv.dll impossible to delete it.: HelloooAs the title suggest, the file is showing up as missing when initially loading into windows. I have looked around windows security to see if maybe these file were in isolation but no luck. Only windows defender installedI have tried running these scripts in command...
  6. Fixing Corrupted files and deleted files

Fixing Corrupted files and deleted files: My windows files are deleted and corrupted or for the deleted one is deleted from a virus so is there a possible way to fix it? I really would be happy if you find a solution....
  7. Deleting corrupted files

Deleting corrupted files: I have a USB drive stick which has somehow got some corrupted folders - see below screens shot. I have no idea how these folders arose, and am trying to delete them. when I try to delete them in MS dos it fails, saying the syntax is wrong - even though it delete the...
  8. How to make a file impossible to delete?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to make a file impossible to delete?: I have a file on a flash drive and i was wondering if there is anyway i can make so that file is not able to be deleted on ANY computer on windows 10. submitted by /u/man_wif-waluigi-hed [link] [comments]...
  9. delete corrupted / damage / unreadable file

delete corrupted / damage / unreadable file: Hello, I have some problems deleting a file, everytime I try to delete it, a message shows saying the file is corrupted and it is imposible to delete or move it. error code : 0x80070570. I need help, please....
  10. Dskchk corrupted and deleted files.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dskchk corrupted and deleted files.: I've seen this question a lot, however the answer doesn't work for me (Windows 10) . The issue is that dskchck deleted and corrupted most files (important ones as well). It deleted Google chrome, Firefox, Folders on the desktop, and corrupted and deleted my temp folder, which...