Windows 10: Corrupted Files

Discus and support Corrupted Files in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Why after I downloaded microsoft updates , I run sfc / Scannow , I always have corrupted files .... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BlingBanding, Oct 25, 2020.

1. Corrupted Files

Why after I downloaded microsoft updates , I run sfc / Scannow , I always have corrupted files .

:)

BlingBanding, Oct 25, 2020

2. Corrupted file RAR

If the archive has been created using WinRAR, why don't you try WinRAR itself? It has a built-in repair feature for repairing corrupted archive (ZIP as well as RAR). Follow the steps given below:
    • Open WinRAR application in your system.
    • Now click on File tab > Open or simply press Ctrl+O.
    • A small window "Find Archive" will pop up. Locate the corrupt RAR archive from your system directory and select it.
    • Now click Open button.
    • Click Tools tab > Repair archive or simply press Alt+R.
    • Again a small window "Repairing File name.rar" will pop up.
    • Now click Browse to select a location to save the repaired archive.
    • Check the box "Treat the corrupt archive as RAR" and click OK.
    • WinRAR will start repairing of corrupt RAR archive. Once it gets completed click Close.
    I hope the above steps will help you repair the corrupted RAR archive.

Thanks.

Lincoln Dunne, Oct 25, 2020
  3. Corrupt file - Can't fix. [Fixed]

Hi Vincent,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community.

Before proceeding, please check if the same issue occur when logged in through a different user account.

Ref: Add or remove accounts on your PC

Please perform the below steps and see if it helps to resolve the issue.

This issue may happen due to system file corruption. I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow
    the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin)
      to bring up elevated Command prompt.
    • In Command prompt type sfc/scannow and press enter.
    • Restart the computer.
    If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.
    • In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:
    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

• Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.
    Hope this information helps. Please post us if you need any further assistance with Windows.

Thank you.

Sagnik_Chakraborty, Oct 25, 2020
  4. zbook Win User

Corrupted Files

Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Oct 25, 2020
Thema:

Corrupted Files

1. Corrupted Files - Similar Threads - Corrupted Files

2. The File or Directory is Corrupted and Unreadable.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    The File or Directory is Corrupted and Unreadable.: I added a new SSD to my Laptop and cloned my windows OS to it. It worked fine until I updated my Windows 10 to the latest. Now I'm getting these errors. I also tried reinstalling some Apps but it didn't work. Kindly helpSome options in Settings [ATTACH] As soon as I open...
  3. atiumdag.dll corrupt file

atiumdag.dll corrupt file: I recently had an error pop up on my PC, and I wasn't sure what it was. I right away went to work seeing if I could fix it. I looked up similar cases, and I am now stumped. Before anyone says anything, yes; I have followed the commands I am supposed to type into Command...
  4. Error on startup because of a corrupted/missing/edited file.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error on startup because of a corrupted/missing/edited file.: I'm getting this message on startup, and some programs give an error on startup telling me my drivers are outdated/not supported. c:/windows/system32/driverstore/filerepository/nvbl.inf_amd64_a10572a657d60f40/nvldumd.dll is either not designed to run on windows or it...
  5. Corrupted files on Pc making games crash

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Corrupted files on Pc making games crash: [ATTACH] Recently reinstalled windows 10 because of stuttering in games and blue screens after every restart. Those two issues are gone but now my games crash like after 15 minutes. So I ran CMD and done SFC scan and it found corrupted files on my pc which I will show down...
  6. Outlook 365 - corrupt file, ost Windows 10 Home 1909 Build 18363.1082

in Windows 10 Support
    Outlook 365 - corrupt file, ost Windows 10 Home 1909 Build 18363.1082: I'm sorry to bother everyone - this is probably not a very tough tech question for many of you but I've given up trying to find a solution on the MS website! *Sad I started having problems with Outlook 365. Yesterday for some unknown reason, I couldn't open it - I finally...
  7. Keep getting BSOD 0xc00000f Boot file is missing or corrupted but I can boot after a CMOS...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keep getting BSOD 0xc00000f Boot file is missing or corrupted but I can boot after a CMOS...: I am having a problem that whenever I try to boot my system up after shut down, I get a BSOD with error code 0xc00000f. I can then reset the CMOS by using the jumper pins provided on the motherboard, after the POST, the pc boots back up to Windows 10 normally like nothing...
  8. Corrupted PDF file download from yahoo mail in chrome

Corrupted PDF file download from yahoo mail in chrome: this problem occurred only once i try to download 3 PDF files in chrome from yahoo mail which i receive in single email i tried both to download all 3 files individually and together as one zip file none of the files opened in Foxit Reader, Edge Browser and Chrome,...
  9. File corruption?

File corruption?: So I have had my computer for about a year now and haven't had any issues with storage being corrupted. I tried to safely eject one of my new 1 tb hard drives that I had been using for about two months and it became corrupted I think. When I go to the file explorer it shows a...
  10. “Windows resource protection found corrupt files but was unable to some of fix them”Help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    “Windows resource protection found corrupt files but was unable to some of fix them”Help: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Mediocreballsack [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jukr37/windows_resource_protection_found_corrupt_files/