Windows 10: Corrupted Flash drive

Discus and support Corrupted Flash drive in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; i have an older flash pen drive (32gb) and i think it may be corrupted it will only format exFAT and when i pop in a file it comes back as unusable... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Raven2099, Mar 22, 2016.

1. Raven2099 Win User

Corrupted Flash drive

i have an older flash pen drive (32gb) and i think it may be corrupted
    it will only format exFAT and when i pop in a file it comes back as unusable
    so if anyone can inform me no how to hack it back to normality

it would be appreciated

also when i try to format it to ntfs is fails

:)

Raven2099, Mar 22, 2016

2. My USB drive "is not accessible. The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable"

More likely it's because of the flash drive getting corrupted. Flash drives can be corrupted in different ways. Using a flash drive over and over again loses its ability to retain data slowly, the same way that a rechargeable battery loses its charge after
    several hundred cycles. One of the most frequent reasons for having a corrupted drive is removing the media from the computer or other device incorrectly, doing so causes logical file system damage.

NateOppenheimer, Mar 22, 2016
  3. Matheu G Win User
    SAFELY REMOVE HARDWARE/DEVICE Win10

It wont affect the computer but it can corrupt any data on the flash drive or render the flash drive useless. Users should always eject the drive before removing the device.

Matheu G, Mar 22, 2016
  4. NavyLCDR New Member
  5. Raven2099 Win User
    ok downloaded installed and scanning will update when don with results

Raven2099, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Corrupted Flash drive

1. Corrupted Flash drive - Similar Threads - Corrupted Flash drive

2. Flash drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Flash drive: How do you make it so when you plug in a flash drive it automatically displays a folder or file on your desktop, that is from the usb drive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/flash-drive/999285e6-d24b-4ff5-ac56-0f6f5fdc56b7
  3. How do I fix a corrupted USB Flash Drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix a corrupted USB Flash Drive?: Hi. I have a Sandisk Cruzer Glide 256 GB flash drive using USB 3.0 and I've tried all of the methods trying to fix it.Every time I connect it to my laptop it disconnects every 30 seconds or less and it freezes certain things. Here are the methods that I used:1. I used the...
  4. How do I fix a corrupted USB Flash Drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I fix a corrupted USB Flash Drive?: Hi. I have a Sandisk Cruzer Glide 256 GB flash drive using USB 3.0 and I've tried all of the methods trying to fix it.Every time I connect it to my laptop it disconnects every 30 seconds or less and it freezes certain things. Here are the methods that I used:1. I used the...
  5. Corrupted files on flash drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Corrupted files on flash drive: So I've got this flash drive that's near full capacity, and all of it is corrupted. It's in this garbled language see photos and it's impossible to rename or delete them. I've tried deleting them on the CMD prompt or using CHKDSK but all of that doesn't work. Is it broken...
  6. Flash Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Flash Drive: I received the following message when I inserted my flash drive: "You need to format the disc in drive D: before you can use it." I used this thumb drive all day yesterday, have a ton of working documents on it. If I must format this disc will I lose all my work. I have...
  7. corrupted files on flash drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    corrupted files on flash drive: windows 10 made my flash drive read only when making a recovery file but didnt finish and locked the drive, how can I reformat it as it is read only now https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/corrupted-files-on-flash-drive/7899ff17-a093-4968-873d-bb3911658758"
  8. install windows 10 from flash drive to corrupted computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    install windows 10 from flash drive to corrupted computer: Have windows 10 on flash drive, want to install in corrupted computer. can get to advanced BIOS features page, second boot drive/hard disk, options are USB-zip & USB-FDD; don't know if either option is what wanted, and do not want to corrupt BIOS. Any help greatly...
  9. File corrupted after copying to new flash drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    File corrupted after copying to new flash drive: Recently i bought 2 flash drive, toshiba and sandisk, and when i copy files to toshiba, it ended up corrupt, so i copied the same files to sandisk, its fine, so i do a scan with malwarebytes, clear, i've formatted the toshiba, issue still persist, so i connect toshiba to my...
  10. File corrupted on USB flash drive or windows explorer confused?

in Windows 10 Support
    File corrupted on USB flash drive or windows explorer confused?: Have a new flash drive/stick. I copied some .MP4 videos to the drive for my TV. When I try to play them on my computer from the flash drive they dont play. I can play the original on the same machine. So deleted the flash copy and copied a new version. Same result. When I...