Windows 10: Corrupted folder on pen drive

Discus and support Corrupted folder on pen drive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I used to have a folder on my pen drive but a few days ago it got corrupted i think. Basically, it's no longer an actual folder. On my second... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AlexLaredo, Oct 29, 2020.

1. Corrupted folder on pen drive

Hello, I used to have a folder on my pen drive but a few days ago it got corrupted i think. Basically, it's no longer an actual folder. On my second laptop it says its a fun2save file. And on my main laptop it's not recognized and the file size is 16 kb. I also have a FOUND.000 folder with chk fragment files.

Does anyone know why this happened? Did the folder actually got corrupted. Can I recover the files?

:)

AlexLaredo, Oct 29, 2020

2. related to pen drive

Hi,

A Pen Drive or USB is a data storage device that includes flash memory with an Integrated USB interface, and is a Plug and play device. That said, your computer should easily recognize your Pen Drive without any issues. A software might be blocking it, or
    an update is needed for it to work properly. However, let us isolate your concern by providing the answers to these questions:

• Is your Pen Drive working in other devices?
    • Were there any changes (Updates, software installation) made prior to the issues?
    • Have you tried using another Pen Drive on your computer?

in the meantime, we suggest that you insert your Pen Drive, and check if there's any error(s) in Device Manager.

We're looking forward to your response.

Carlos Tin, Oct 29, 2020
  3. Save on Pen drive

Hello jp123_959

My name is Ben

Independent Adviser

I hope to help

To save files on a Pen drive, we can follow the following steps:

• We introduce the Pen drive in the USB port of our computer.

• Now we are going to look for the folder of our computer where we have the file that we want to save, we open it, inside it we "click" with the right button of the mouse on the file and in the options of the menu that shows us, click on "Send to".

• In the options that show us, we look for the one referring to our Pen drive and click on it. The transfer of the file to the Pen drive will start.

• When the operation is finished, all that remains is to remove the USB device, following the instructions we gave in the day to do it in a safe way. (Manual to extract USB devices).

If we want to deposit it in a certain folder of the Pen drive, instead of using "Send to" we can use the "Copy" option, then we access the Pen drive, open the folder and inside it, we click with the right button of the mouse and in the options of the menu that
    shows us click on "Paste".

With both methods, we will have a copy of that file or folder stored in our Pen drive.

If you still have problems to save information on your USB it is possible that it is damaged by a virus, for this, it formats the Pendrive.

MilagrosM2020, Oct 29, 2020
  4. topgundcp Win User

Corrupted folder on pen drive

Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Oct 29, 2020
Thema:

Corrupted folder on pen drive

1. Corrupted folder on pen drive - Similar Threads - Corrupted folder pen

2. What is a Pen Drive?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    What is a Pen Drive?: What is a Pen Drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-a-pen-drive/0239c0a8-4ec6-4c0b-a6e4-32111aea2e1d
  3. pen drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pen drive: my pen drive cruzer blade is not open in my pc. And it notify that it is install but i can't see thier icon in my pc. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pen-drive/564e65c4-164c-4e3a-835c-c470452f16cd
  4. pen drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    pen drive: my pen drive cruzer blade is not open in my pc. And it notify that it is install but i can't see thier icon in my pc. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pen-drive/564e65c4-164c-4e3a-835c-c470452f16cd
  5. Pen Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pen Drive: Hi. I always face a question that my pen drive always undetected when I'm triying to transfer files to it. I download video that my teacher sent me on WhatsApp but everytime I try to transfer from my computer to pen drive it will run awhile and after that it says there's some...
  6. Pen Drive

Pen Drive: Hi. I always face a question that my pen drive always undetected when I'm triying to transfer files to it. I download video that my teacher sent me on WhatsApp but everytime I try to transfer from my computer to pen drive it will run awhile and after that it says there's some...
  7. Corrupted drive folders

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Corrupted drive folders: I recently updated my Lenovo Thinkpad and realized the audio and visual capability was not functioning. After many different attempts, I still have not found fix. Troubleshooting only reveals that I have the best drivers available but no input or output devices are found....
  8. Pen drive device

Pen drive device: How do I get a music pen drive to play? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pen-drive-device/168852ce-37e9-409f-bcbd-b973de81943c
  9. pen drives

pen drives: My old PC was BIOS. My new one is UEFI but set to legacy by my builder as I am not techy. I have pen drives I used to use with my old BIOS PC. Can I use these sticks as they are simply formatted for storage? How does this affect how I create and use a pen drive? Do I need to...
  10. Pen Drive Issue

Pen Drive Issue: I don't understand that when I'm going to take a RAR file in my pen drive then I noticed "The file [my file name] is too large for the destination file system" but, I'm sure that I have enough space in my pen drive. Could you please say something about this issue? *Sad 6155