Windows 10: Corrupted Font Preventing Search, Store, and Xbox From Working

Discus and support Corrupted Font Preventing Search, Store, and Xbox From Working in Cortana to solve the problem; A few months ago I installed a font pack for editing a photoshop template. Afterwards my start menu search bar stopped working but that's not all.... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by StuartRogers, Apr 29, 2022.

1. Corrupted Font Preventing Search, Store, and Xbox From Working

A few months ago I installed a font pack for editing a photoshop template. Afterwards my start menu search bar stopped working but that's not all. Windows store, the task bar weather, Xbox app, and a check printing program stopped working correctly. Even the font on some websites didn't look right. I tried clearing the font cache and resetting the font settings. That didn't work. I can't even upgrade to Windows 11. Is it possible to replace every system front with the fonts from a Windows installation disk? That's all I can think to do other than back everything up and reinstall.

:)

StuartRogers, Apr 29, 2022

2. Issue with Fonts in search results and home page

Hi Eric,

I would suggest you to search for Font settings using Search and then click on “Change Font settings”. Click on
    Restore default font settings and check if it helps.

If the issue is not resolved, I would suggest you to perform System File Checker (SFC) scan. System File Checker is a utility in Microsoft Windows that allows users to scan for and restore corruptions in Windows system files. Follow these steps to
    run the command and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X on the keyboard.
    • Click on Command prompt (Admin).
    • Type ‘sfc /scannow’ without quotes and press Enter.

Let us know the results.

Rohit Siddegowda, Apr 29, 2022
  3. Callender Win User
    Corrupted Fonts

In addition you can try:

• Stop Windows Font Cache service in services.msc.

Corrupted Font Preventing Search, Store, and Xbox From Working [​IMG]

• Run C-Cleaner System / Font Cache option.

Corrupted Font Preventing Search, Store, and Xbox From Working [​IMG]

• Start Windows Font Cache service again.

If you have Ccleaner installed it's possible that you'd need CCEnhancer to see the font cache option.

If you don't have it - read this:

Rebuild Font Cache in Windows 10 | Tutorials

Callender, Apr 29, 2022
  4. NeoSOS Win User

Corrupted Font Preventing Search, Store, and Xbox From Working

Fonts

Hello,

I found these steps in this forum from back in 2010:

Step 1:

I would suggest you to try these steps and check whether it helps in fixing your issue.

Open font settings by clicking on start, click on control panel, and then click on appearance and personalization, under fonts click on change font settings. And select the font size.

Step 2:

If you’re trying to change windows font size then please follow the steps below:

To change Windows fonts

1. Open Appearance Settings by clicking the Start button and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type window color, and then click Change window colors and
    metrics

2. In the Item list, click the part of Windows that you want to change the font for. For example, if you want to change the menu font, click Menu in the list. Then, make any of the following changes:

· In the Font list, click the font that you want to use.

· In the Size list, click the font size that you want.

· In the Color list, click the font color that you want.

3. Repeat these steps for each item that you want to make changes to, and then click OK.

Does that help?

NeoSOS, Apr 29, 2022
Thema:

Corrupted Font Preventing Search, Store, and Xbox From Working

1. Corrupted Font Preventing Search, Store, and Xbox From Working - Similar Threads - Corrupted Font Preventing

2. Corrupted Font Preventing Search, Store, and Xbox From Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Corrupted Font Preventing Search, Store, and Xbox From Working: A few months ago I installed a font pack for editing a photoshop template. Afterwards my start menu search bar stopped working but that's not all. Windows store, the task bar weather, Xbox app, and a check printing program stopped working correctly. Even the font on some...
  3. Corrupted Font Preventing Search, Store, and Xbox From Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Corrupted Font Preventing Search, Store, and Xbox From Working: A few months ago I installed a font pack for editing a photoshop template. Afterwards my start menu search bar stopped working but that's not all. Windows store, the task bar weather, Xbox app, and a check printing program stopped working correctly. Even the font on some...
  4. Corrupted windows fonts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Corrupted windows fonts: Hey guys. I accidentally removed some of my unnecessary fontsChinese and many more.... via registry editor. Now some of my windows fonts are corrupted. Tried these codes in safe mode sfc /scannow Dism /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth Dism /online /cleanup-image...
  5. Font Corrupted

in Windows 10 Support
    Font Corrupted: I have a pdf drawing file and there is a font that is showing up as all squares. this happens in Adobe Acrobat, Blue Beam, Edge, Chrome. It is on three machines. The file is in my dropbox and when I go to view the file on dropbox it opens it up in chrome and the file displays...
  6. Windows 10 Store and Xbox app preventing login

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows 10 Store and Xbox app preventing login: Well, I've got a good question today! I have a laptop that I completely wiped and installed a fresh, official installation of windows 10. I logged into the Microsoft store just fine the first time and downloaded whatever apps I wanted. Then when the computer is restarted I...
  7. Corrupted Fonts

in Windows 10 Support
    Corrupted Fonts: Hello everybody, I was hoping someone might have some idea as to what the heck is going on with my fonts. They are continually shapeshifting with pieces of the font randomly dissapearing and then rebuilding. I have a screenshot but it will be interesting to see how this post...
  8. Corrupted fonts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Corrupted fonts: Since the last update on Windows 10 (March 2019) my fonts are corrupt. How can I fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/corrupted-fonts/907c30a6-05c7-408d-b274-39350f2975b3
  9. Remove\prevent bloatware from Store

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Remove\prevent bloatware from Store: Hi, While in Sysprep audit mode what is the cleanest way to remove the bloatware that MS inists upon installing from the Store? I have seen a few different scripts and the goal is to remove this crap and prevent it from returning. So assuming there is a good way of doing...
  10. Corrupted Font?

in Windows 10 Support
    Corrupted Font?: From Google searches I have found what seems to be the solution for this problem for Windows 8 and 8.1 but not 10 It appears to me the new system font(s) that are used for various icons used are not functioning. Most obvious is when the store is open and when I expect to see...