Windows 10: Corrupted GUI in some Apps

Discus and support Corrupted GUI in some Apps in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I've been searching the web for a solution, but in vain. Spent couple of hours with MicroSoft Support team too, but the weird problem... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DontheCat, Apr 11, 2021.

1. DontheCat Win User

Corrupted GUI in some Apps

I've been searching the web for a solution, but in vain.

Spent couple of hours with MicroSoft Support team too, but the weird problem continues.... Check these images... This is how the GUI displays for HP Support Assistant and Alexa. Any idea how to solve it ?

Corrupted GUI in some Apps a4c9566c-2d38-451f-9f42-1164af389e4c?upload=true.png Corrupted GUI in some Apps bef8e868-7ea6-4fcd-b2b5-3a87a24f7610?upload=true.png Corrupted GUI in some Apps dd39ba8f-3ccc-449c-9fbe-e2c7ddb1ab79?upload=true.png Corrupted GUI in some Apps 1196e7a7-4ca9-4c6c-bfaf-22718f515269?upload=true.png

:)

DontheCat, Apr 11, 2021
  2. zbook Win User

Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Apr 11, 2021
  3. Brink Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Corrupted GUI in some Apps :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Apr 11, 2021
  4. Corrupted GUI in some Apps

Corrupted file RAR

If the archive has been created using WinRAR, why don't you try WinRAR itself? It has a built-in repair feature for repairing corrupted archive (ZIP as well as RAR). Follow the steps given below:
    • Open WinRAR application in your system.
    • Now click on File tab > Open or simply press Ctrl+O.
    • A small window "Find Archive" will pop up. Locate the corrupt RAR archive from your system directory and select it.
    • Now click Open button.
    • Click Tools tab > Repair archive or simply press Alt+R.
    • Again a small window "Repairing File name.rar" will pop up.
    • Now click Browse to select a location to save the repaired archive.
    • Check the box "Treat the corrupt archive as RAR" and click OK.
    • WinRAR will start repairing of corrupt RAR archive. Once it gets completed click Close.
    I hope the above steps will help you repair the corrupted RAR archive.

Thanks.

Lincoln Dunne, Apr 11, 2021
Thema:

Corrupted GUI in some Apps

1. Corrupted GUI in some Apps - Similar Threads - Corrupted GUI Apps

2. Windows GUI has some issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows GUI has some issues: I'm having a hard time finding the right words to google this issue, so I came here. I have a Windows 10 Home desktop OS Build 19042.1165 and ever since I got it ~ a month ago there have been weird errors near the edges or details of images and icons in various applications....
  3. Graphical corruption on some GUI Elements Solved

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Graphical corruption on some GUI Elements Solved: Hi,I recently upgraded the internals of my machine, everything except the video card which is an Nvidia 1080 Ti. I've never had problems with the video card before, but it was the first thing I suspected might be the problem. I cloned my harddrive to a new larger drive and...
  4. Graphical corruption on some GUI Elements

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Graphical corruption on some GUI Elements: Hi,I recently upgraded the internals of my machine, everything except the video card which is an Nvidia 1080 Ti. I've never had problems with the video card before, but it was the first thing I suspected might be the problem. I cloned my harddrive to a new larger drive and...
  5. Corrupted display in ONLY some windows apps/tasks

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Corrupted display in ONLY some windows apps/tasks: Stuff like Chrome, discord, games etc doesn't seem to have this issue. But when I search for something in the start menu or when a notification pops up, it's usually corrupted in a way that i can't read. In the video below I wrote discord in the search bar and it didn't...
  6. Cannot run GUI app on WSL 2

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot run GUI app on WSL 2: I want to open some GUI apps on WSL 2 using Windows Insider 19640, but it doesn't work. For example, if I want to open gthumb in Ubuntu terminal, it throws an error: lemma@DESKTOP-TE65AIF:~$ xhost + xhost: unable to open display ":0" lemma@DESKTOP-TE65AIF:~$ gthumb...
  7. Corruption in some interfaces

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Corruption in some interfaces: After I installed the 1909 update for Windows, I started getting weird corruptions in my notifications and other interfaces. Notifications pop up like this: [ATTACH] This is what my calculator looks like: [ATTACH] Finally, this is how Word looks like. It's just a...
  8. OpenVPN GUi: Where's the GUI?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OpenVPN GUi: Where's the GUI?: I am trying to setup the VPN service provided by my Nighthawk AC1900 Router. I think that the service/router side is setup. Now I am trying to get the client side going. On this Windows 10 client laptop I have installed OpenVPN GUI. It's running according to Task Manager and...
  9. GUI

in Windows 10 Support
    GUI: Has anybody else got this GUI don't know how I got ir presume it came down from an upgrade. It really is brilliant but what I want to know is can I change it? 102886
  10. Some GUI problems after Cumulative Update (KB3097617)

in Windows 10 Support
    Some GUI problems after Cumulative Update (KB3097617): I have some issues after installing Cumulative Update for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems (KB3097617) Black squires (windows) are randomly appearing (and disappearing) on the screen. Robby 26670