Windows 10: corrupted hard drive

Discus and support corrupted hard drive in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I was told I had a corrupted hard drive and so I bought an ssd drive to replace it. now I cant get windows to down load or to read anything on the pc.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JeromeSmith5, May 30, 2020.

1. corrupted hard drive

I was told I had a corrupted hard drive and so I bought an ssd drive to replace it. now I cant get windows to down load or to read anything on the pc. It says that I have 2 hard drives both new WD2t. and a Samsung 256gb ssd. but will not let me load windows onto either of them.

:)

JeromeSmith5, May 30, 2020

2. CANNOT DELETE A CORRUPTED FILE ON MY EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE ON WINDOWS 10

Hi Leenus,

Hard drive and other external memory storage can be corrupted on account of bad sectors which are no longer accessible or writable due to permanent damage. Your device or hard drive could also be infected by some type of malware. These are some of the possible
    causes why you are experiencing the error "ERROR 0x80070570: The file or directory is corrupted or unreadable". To address this concern, we suggest performing the following troubleshooting methods:

Method 1

Check and repair disk errors or corrupted file system. This process can fix "The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable" error caused by bad sectors, virus infection or file system corruption. To do so, follow these steps:

• Back up all of the files on the hard drive (except for the corrupted file).
    • Using Search, type CMD.
    • From the search results, right-click on Command Prompt and then choose Run as administrator.
    • On the Command Prompt window, type chkdsk /f h: (h stands for your hard drive) and then hit the Enter key.
    • Delete the corrupted file and check if you'll experience the same error.

Method 2

Format the hard drive. You can manually format the hard drive to permanently remove "The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable" error. These are the steps on how to format an external drive:

• Plug the hard drive into your computer.
    • Back up all of the files on the hard drive (except for the corrupted file).
    • Open File Explorer and then click This PC.
    • Click the external hard drive's name, click on Manage tab and then click on Format.
    • Click Start and then click OK.

Keep us updated with the result.

Darleen Pen, May 30, 2020
  3. CANNOT DELETE A CORRUPTED FILE ON MY EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE ON WINDOWS 10

I had the very same problem and this worked perfectly!!!

PaulMisener, May 30, 2020
  4. Ravenas Win User

corrupted hard drive

Hard drive corruption

I'm guessing you may be putting corrupted files in your hard drive / may be a virus.

Ravenas, May 30, 2020
Thema:

corrupted hard drive

1. corrupted hard drive - Similar Threads - corrupted hard drive

2. Hard Drive Corrupt or Damaged + Locked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hard Drive Corrupt or Damaged + Locked: Summary: my previous Windows 11 drive ADATA SSD "crashed". I was not able to restore or recover Windows on that drive. I bought a new drive Samsung SSD and installed Windows on it. I want to access my Documents on ADATA SSD. But the drive is locked.It seems that the drive is...
  3. External Hard drive corrupted?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External Hard drive corrupted?: I have a 4tb WD My Book external hard drive. It was used for external storage on my Xbox One, One X, and I have since upgraded to a Series S system. When I first connected it to the Series S it worked just fine, but when doing initial downloading and moving around games to...
  4. Corrupted hard drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Corrupted hard drive: Hello I had a hard drive go out on me. It says "The file or Directory is corrupted and unreadable". I tried restarting the computer and using "chkdsk x: /f /r" But it didn't work. some of the the results are: 89600 file records processed. File verification completed....
  5. Hard Drives corruption and errors

Hard Drives corruption and errors: So I had my computer unused for about a year it having two harddrives one HDD one SSD the ladder having the operating system. After starting it up again two days ago everything worked like it used to I had restarted it many times that day so it wasn't a hardware issue. But...
  6. Corrupted Hard Drive

Corrupted Hard Drive: How do you reformat a corrected hard drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/corrupted-hard-drive/b4812ab5-d725-4cac-9aaf-8a1b884873f8
  7. Settings Crash + Hard Drive Corruption

Settings Crash + Hard Drive Corruption: About a week ago, my power went out twice. Since then, I have been experiencing freezes and crashes. The settings app will crash every time I go from the screen after I open it directly. Games also have frame drops and apps are running insanely slow. Is there any way for me...
  8. Help with possibly corrupt hard drive.

Help with possibly corrupt hard drive.: Hi all! I am new to these forums but hoping for some help from a techie :) I have a HP laptop that is running awful on Windows 10 so decided I wanted to take it back to Windows 7 (the operating system it came with). I no longer had my recovery partition so Microsoft...
  9. Hard Drive Corruption.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hard Drive Corruption.: Hi everyone, my machine improper shut downs, many times and hard closing programs. I was looking for solutions and I found out one by check disk. Can you tell me how can I do that? Thanks...
  10. Corrupted hard drives

Corrupted hard drives: Hi I am sure this has been covered elsewhere but I can't find it. My external drives were set to 'turn off write-cache' and we had a black out. The result is a 3 Tb Seagate external drive, a 2 Tb Seagate external drive, and a 500 Gb portable drive are no longer seen by...