Windows 10: Corrupted hardware or corrupted OS

Discus and support Corrupted hardware or corrupted OS in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Ok last week my PC ran into several major problems that left me restarting it till it reinstalled itself. It seemed to be fine, all the problems... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by theguy, May 26, 2016.

1. theguy Win User

Corrupted hardware or corrupted OS

Ok last week my PC ran into several major problems that left me restarting it till it reinstalled itself.

It seemed to be fine, all the problems seemed to be gone, however they're more or less back and I'm thinking it's the hardware.

-In the context menu, whenever the mouse touches 'Scan item with windows defender', the menu and then all instances of explorer crashes then restarts
    -Starting a windows defender scan doesn't do anything, it's just stuck at starting scan even after a whole night
    -Restarting doesn't do anything, it's just stuck at the restarting screen even after a whole night
    -Any form of recovery drive doesn't work, it just loads a blank screen with a movable mouse
    -Can't install half the things, says 'Installer is no longer responding' or there's just no progression or something.
    -Malwarebytes doesn't do anything, I double click it or right click it at the system tray but, nothing happens
    -CCleaner gets stuck at certain files, I had to use CMD to delete the $Recycle.bin to empty it
    -sfc /scannow doesn't report any problems

Might update it later when more of them surface

:)

theguy, May 26, 2016

2. atapi.sys missing or corrupted, and OS can't load

Hi Riley,

We'd like to clarify, have you already tried performing a repair upgrade using the Windows 10 ISO file? If you haven't, you can visit this
    article and look for

Andre Da Costa's
    post. You may follow the suggestions provided and see if it makes any difference.

Let us know if that worked out for you.

Michelle Vil, May 26, 2016
  3. atapi.sys missing or corrupted, and OS can't load

The other day I was downloading games on steam. I come back the next day with the error message that follows.

"Your PC/Device needs to be repaired

The operating system couldn't be loaded because a critical system driver is missing or contains errors.

File: \WINDOWS\System32\drivers\atapi.sys

Error code: 0xc000000f"

I have downloaded an ISO and put it on a DVD and attempted to use it to boot, with no luck. When I tried again, the disk didn't work at all. The automated repair isn't working, and all of the other fixes I have seen require the computer to be able to boot.
    Please help.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Riley Callison, May 26, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

davidhk, May 26, 2016
Thema:

1. Corrupted hardware or corrupted OS - Similar Threads - Corrupted hardware corrupted

2. OS corrupt?? Maybe??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OS corrupt?? Maybe??: Hey I was completely wipe my computer cause I got it second hand and it ran so slowly so it was going through the process when the charger came unplugged and it died instantly and now when I turn it on and it brings up the login screen it shuts off how can I fix this???...
  3. OS corrupt?? Maybe??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OS corrupt?? Maybe??: Hey I was completely wipe my computer cause I got it second hand and it ran so slowly so it was going through the process when the charger came unplugged and it died instantly and now when I turn it on and it brings up the login screen it shuts off how can I fix this???...
  4. OS corrupt?? Maybe??

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Faulty hardware corrupted page

Faulty hardware corrupted page: Hello there everyone, I have an issue I was working on the Windows 10 PC today and I had a BSOD blue screen with the description "Faulty hardware corrupted page" I'm not sure what caused the issue but after it happened my Pc restarted and I scanned for integrity issues ,...
  6. Corrupt os

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Corrupt os: Hi, iam krupal[IMG] This is what iam finding everytime while starting my laptop .can someone help?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/corrupt-os/478ca766-fbc9-4b91-9489-4e55728b04f5
  7. Corrupt OS?

Corrupt OS?: I've been having issues with running Virtual Machines, my laptop supports VT-x and VT-d, and I can get most things too boot on Virtual Box, however it requires turning off VT-x and VT-d and then turning back on to get working and everytime I turn off my computer after running...
  8. Corrupt os image

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Corrupt os image: how do i fix a corrupt os image on my dell inspiron laptop .Is there a way i can get in my computer and find the problem . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/corrupt-os-image/9226cd74-f726-44de-9f58-7f62b49ebcd0
  9. corrupt os ?

corrupt os ?: hello , I am looking for advice.. yesterday, I had problems booting up. My computer's operating system hardly works now.I booted in win ten yesterday and my sound and internet were not working..I thought it was my hardware. I had a old unbuntu live cd that i'm using...
  10. weirdly corrupted os

in Windows 10 Support
    weirdly corrupted os: Ok so the biggest problem I have here is that after restarting the pc (the restart takes around 20mins btw, I've timed it, it's just stuck on the restart screen for 20mins before doing it), I log on to my account(it also takes a minute or 2 for this, that's when I know it's...