Windows 10: Corrupted Microsoft Edge image file

Discus and support Corrupted Microsoft Edge image file in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Out of habit I ran SFC scan after finishing Win10 upgrade & Windows Updates and found out that MicrosoftEdgeSquare44x44.scale-125_contrast-white.png... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by fahrbot, Aug 1, 2015.

1. fahrbot Win User

Corrupted Microsoft Edge image file

Out of habit I ran SFC scan after finishing Win10 upgrade & Windows Updates and found out that
    MicrosoftEdgeSquare44x44.scale-125_contrast-white.png is corrupted.

After a quick google search, seems there a few other Win10 users with the same problem.

Neither SFC or DISM seem to be able to fix the problem.

I also saw someone mention this is a 'false positive' hash mismatch but at least in my case the image really is corrupted (as in, if I open it in a image editor, it fails with corrupted image error). All other Edge images in the folder open correctly in image viewer.

Any ideas how to repair systemapp files? I'm assuming DISM/SFC fail because the system apps seem to be different from regular system files (e.g. you cannot find them on the install media from what I can see).

:)

fahrbot, Aug 1, 2015

2. Corrupted Files (images)

Hi mate,

If it is not deleting off the memory card itself when placed in your phone, you will need to delete it by using it with your PC (via built-in card reader, external card reader with adapter etc). You may also need to format the memory card if it appears corrupt.

If there appears to be no problem with the memory card and its contents, then try checking if there is a firmware update available for your phone on Nokia Suite and updating if prompted to.

adrianhughesNSD, Aug 1, 2015
  3. Corrupted Files (images)

everytime i try delete a corrupted image it says General:System Error. now i looked online and everywhere it says to pull out the memory car and off the phone blabla but it still dont work!? HELP PLEASE

Munja---01, Aug 1, 2015
  4. Corrupted Microsoft Edge image file

i have the same issue m8 and cant fix it no matter how hard i tried with DISM..

GuardiaNzPriDe, Aug 2, 2015
  5. YOU
    You Win User
    Well, if it's just an image, I could send a copy from my computer over for to overwrite the corrupt one with.

6. YOU
    You Win User
    Here is the image. The same image is located in multiple directories, but it's most likely located at C:\Windows\SystemApps\<something similar to microsoft.microsoftedge> for .
    Corrupted Microsoft Edge image file [​IMG]

(Just make sure that save this image as MicrosoftEdgeSquare44x44.scale-125_contrast-white.png. Windows Ten Forums automatically renames all uploaded files.

7. its not possible to replace the image in WInsxs folder all files are locked and take ownership is not enough...

GuardiaNzPriDe, Aug 2, 2015
  8. fahrbot Win User

I'm guessing there should be some way to use Dism.exe.. unfortunately, I don't have much experience with it and don't know if you can point to to a single file.. I'll be testing some commands.

fahrbot, Aug 2, 2015
  9. fahrbot Win User
    So this might actually work, create a folder matching the corrupted image's folder in the real SXS, e.g. in my case amd64_microsoft-windows-microsoftedge_31bf3856ad364e35_10.0.10240.16397_none_19381f0c8accd5dd

Then put the image from this threat into that folder so you have something like:

Code: C:\Temp\sxs\amd64_microsoft-windows-microsoftedge_31bf3856ad364e35_10.0.10240.16397_none_19381f0c8accd5dd\MicrosoftEdgeSquare44x44.scale-125_contrast-white.png[/quote]

Then pull up admin CMD and run:

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:c:\temp\sxs /LimitAccess

Hopefully that restores the SxS copy and afterwards you can run SFC /scannow to repair the file under systemapps directory.

fahrbot, Aug 2, 2015
  10. GuardiaNzPriDe, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Corrupted Microsoft Edge image file - Similar Threads - Corrupted Microsoft Edge

2. My images I download turns into a microsoft edge file and

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My images I download turns into a microsoft edge file and: II need help to fix it it won't stop whenever I try to save a image it turns into a Microsoft file. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-images-i-download-turns-into-a-microsoft-edge/91e5c897-3b29-4a85-a36b-67e8dea5a3a7
  3. My images I download turns into a microsoft edge file and

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My images I download turns into a microsoft edge file and: II need help to fix it it won't stop whenever I try to save a image it turns into a Microsoft file. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-images-i-download-turns-into-a-microsoft-edge/91e5c897-3b29-4a85-a36b-67e8dea5a3a7
  4. My images I download turns into a microsoft edge file and

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Microsoft corrupt files?

Microsoft corrupt files?: Recently my pc froze out of nowhere, and when I restarted, I was stuck with the repairing driver's screen for 3 hours. When I loaded back into my PC after some command prompts for it to finally boot, all I've been receiving is trouble. I cannot open the command prompt admin,...
  6. Microsoft corrupt files?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft corrupt files?: Recently my pc froze out of nowhere, and when I restarted, I was stuck with the repairing driver's screen for 3 hours. When I loaded back into my PC after some command prompts for it to finally boot, all I've been receiving is trouble. I cannot open the command prompt admin,...
  7. Image Corruption

Image Corruption: Hello, I have a problem: I am using a program PinballX and for each pinball table, it has a few images. On my Windows 7 Ultimate computer it displayed them normally, but when I tried to open the pictures manually by file it says: [ATTACH] On my Windows 10 Pro computer,...
  8. Image file corrupt

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Image file corrupt: Recently I keep getting drive errors frequently and daily one-two file starts to getting corrupted and doesn't open up(image file). Please help.I am on lastest windows 10. submitted by /u/Rythx100 [link] [comments]...
  9. Corrupted Edge

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Corrupted Edge: I just opened the old MS Edge. [ATTACH] There's no icon. What just happened? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/corrupted-edge/1b35a10d-6a1d-4efb-adcc-de9ce2e04d14
  10. disc image file is corrupted

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    disc image file is corrupted: I need a fix for error message: "Couldn't mount file. Disc image file is corrupted". I did multiple scans DISM, sfc, etc..} It says my corrupted files must be manually corrected. What should I do?...