Windows 10: Corrupted New PC after Disk Clone

Discus and support Corrupted New PC after Disk Clone in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello i bought a new PC and ported my entire disk from my old PC to my new one and pretty sure corrupted the absolute hell out of it. I used a Program... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/blakeprice1, Dec 25, 2019.

1. Corrupted New PC after Disk Clone

Hello i bought a new PC and ported my entire disk from my old PC to my new one and pretty sure corrupted the absolute hell out of it. I used a Program called Mini Partition Wizard and did the Clone Disk option. Now my new PC literally cannot connect to the internet, the PC Name is literally registering it as my old one. And its literally running like my old PC (Very Slow). Is there anyway I can just hard reset the entire computer? Ive tried so many ways through tutorials but none have worked. I’m worried i might have to send it in for repairs

submitted by /u/blakeprice1
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/blakeprice1, Dec 25, 2019

2. wanna clone xp pro, have issues

so far, i wanna clone my main drive to a new HD. no matter if i do disk to disk, or if i load the backup file in a new xp home installation, after a while, all other designs beside the classic design seem to die away.
    after 1 day it started to disappear sometimes,but reappeared until day 2, where suddenly, not the zune theme, but also the windows main theme werent useable, they even completly dissapeared from the designs list.
    ethernet drivers seem also corrupted, couldnt achieve a connection over crossover, that now, back in the original professional, works again. let me say it. it died soon like a real human clone would, if its production material was too old.*Eek! Corrupted New PC after Disk Clone :eek:

any suggestions guys?

*Wink Corrupted New PC after Disk Clone ;)
    thanks for your help!

Velvet Wafer, Dec 25, 2019
  3. zbook Win User
    Help with hard disk "corruption"

The information about clone versus image was to report the problem related to disk signatures. If you are not experiencing that problem then you can move on to other steps. It was not a suggestion to clone or not clone. It was to report an unforeseen problem that can occur.

If you are able to run chkdsk /x /f /r on the drive it can place files on parts of the drive where there are no bad blocks.

zbook, Dec 25, 2019
  4. Corrupted New PC after Disk Clone

New cloned disk shows up as old one in Win 10

I recently replaced my Crucial MX200 500GB SSD by cloning (Acronis) to a new Samsung 850 EVO 500GB. The Samsung migration software which came with the disk didn't seem to clone correctly because the Crucial ssd was slightly larger. Acronis worked fine.

My bios shows the correct new Samsung disk but on Win 10 the disk management still lists the old Crucial MX200. Although everything seems to be working fine, I would like for the system to acknowledge the correct disk.

Any ideas on what may be causing this? I have cloned disks before and they have always shown up correctly.

Thanks in advance.

Bob

BobGrattan, Dec 25, 2019
Thema:

Corrupted New PC after Disk Clone

1. Corrupted New PC after Disk Clone - Similar Threads - Corrupted Disk Clone

2. New key when cloning a disk

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    New key when cloning a disk: I just bought a new laptop and was wondering if I clone my disk from my desktop to my laptop can I just purchase a new license key? Or will it make erase everything?...
  3. New key when cloning a disk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New key when cloning a disk: I just bought a new laptop and was wondering if I clone my disk from my desktop to my laptop can I just purchase a new license key? Or will it make erase everything?...
  4. New key when cloning a disk

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 11 many problems after cloning on new disk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 many problems after cloning on new disk: Hello,I have recently cloned the original hard drive of my notebook on a new disk. I removed the old hard disk, placed it in a USB adapter, physically installed the new one and then painfully failed to clone it with all the softwares. Only after 1 removing the read-only mode...
  6. Windows 11 many problems after cloning on new disk

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 many problems after cloning on new disk: Hello,I have recently cloned the original hard drive of my notebook on a new disk. I removed the old hard disk, placed it in a USB adapter, physically installed the new one and then painfully failed to clone it with all the softwares. Only after 1 removing the read-only mode...
  7. Disk size after cloning/migrating

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disk size after cloning/migrating: Some time ago, I changed from a HDD 3TB to a smaller SSD 512GB. The change seemed to work fine, the desktop works fine. Recently I tried to back up the C: drive and system by creating an image file on an external USB disk. This attempt failed and I started to check what the...
  8. Disk cloning

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disk cloning: I have an SSD128gb drive that is almost full and ordered 1tb SDD. I also have a 2nd HDD 1tb drive in the pc and although I haven't used Disk Cloning I am attempting to clone the 128gb SSD onto the HDDin pc and when I receive the new 1tb SDD I am thinking to clone from the...
  9. Disk cloning

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Disk cloning: How to transfer information from Computer 1 to Computer 2? My understanding how to do this is outlined as follows but I am not entirely sure this process would work. Existing Computer 1: Windows 10 Pro 64 bit; have USB flash drive 1 with Windows 10 installation media...
  10. Disk partition issue after cloning

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disk partition issue after cloning: Here is my problem. I bought a larger SSD drive to upgrade my main storage on my laptop. I had a 120GB SSD and I went up to a 256GB SDD. On Windows 10 64-bit, I used EaseUS software to clone the disks with the option sector by sector. Something weird has happened. The visual...