Windows 10: Corrupted Notepad++ text file.

Discus and support Corrupted Notepad++ text file. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; One of my long standing Notepad++ text files is corrupted when I try to open it. It just has a bunch of NULLs.There doesn't appear to be a backup... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by nuraman00, May 17, 2023.

1. nuraman00 Win User

Corrupted Notepad++ text file.

One of my long standing Notepad++ text files is corrupted when I try to open it. It just has a bunch of NULLs.There doesn't appear to be a backup version within the Notepad++ backup directory.I do have a backup version from last year.How can I fix this corrupt file?

:)

nuraman00, May 17, 2023

2. Corrupted file RAR

If the archive has been created using WinRAR, why don't you try WinRAR itself? It has a built-in repair feature for repairing corrupted archive (ZIP as well as RAR). Follow the steps given below:
    • Open WinRAR application in your system.
    • Now click on File tab > Open or simply press Ctrl+O.
    • A small window "Find Archive" will pop up. Locate the corrupt RAR archive from your system directory and select it.
    • Now click Open button.
    • Click Tools tab > Repair archive or simply press Alt+R.
    • Again a small window "Repairing File name.rar" will pop up.
    • Now click Browse to select a location to save the repaired archive.
    • Check the box "Treat the corrupt archive as RAR" and click OK.
    • WinRAR will start repairing of corrupt RAR archive. Once it gets completed click Close.
    I hope the above steps will help you repair the corrupted RAR archive.

Thanks.

Lincoln Dunne, May 17, 2023
  3. Windows 10 corrupt text

Hi Jim,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing with the blur text on the operating system, do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Provide us additional information:

• Do let us know the version of Windows 10 installed on your device?
    • Have you logged in using Microsoft account on your device?

Press Windows + R keys from the keyboard, type
    winver
    , and press Enter to know the Windows version installed.

As most of the troubleshooting steps you have tried didn't resolve the issue, let me proceed further in helping you with.

Step 1: Choose the appropriate
    ClearType you wish to and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      cleartype
      and select Adjust ClearType text.
    • Follow the onscreen instruction to select the appreciate ones.

Step 2: I suggest you to run a SFC scan and check if it helps.

System File Checkeris a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.
    • After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.

Step 3: I recommend you to install all the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of accessing the text on your device for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, May 17, 2023
  4. 95Viper Win User
Thema:

Corrupted Notepad++ text file.

1. Corrupted Notepad++ text file. - Similar Threads - Corrupted Notepad++ text

2. Retrieving notepad text file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Retrieving notepad text file: how can I retrieve my text file at note pad?* Moved from Community Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/retrieving-notepad-text-file/9577e673-5811-4a8a-b42a-6ceb8ac0870e
  3. Retrieving notepad text file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Retrieving notepad text file: how can I retrieve my text file at note pad?* Moved from Community Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/retrieving-notepad-text-file/9577e673-5811-4a8a-b42a-6ceb8ac0870e
  4. Corrupted Notepad++ text file.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Corrupted Notepad++ text file.: One of my long standing Notepad++ text files is corrupted when I try to open it. It just has a bunch of NULLs.There doesn't appear to be a backup version within the Notepad++ backup directory.I do have a backup version from last year.How can I fix this corrupt file?...
  5. Corrupted Notepad++ text file.

Corrupted Notepad++ text file.: One of my long standing Notepad++ text files is corrupted when I try to open it. It just has a bunch of NULLs.There doesn't appear to be a backup version within the Notepad++ backup directory.I do have a backup version from last year.How can I fix this corrupt file?...
  6. Notepad and File Explorer Text issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Notepad and File Explorer Text issue: Hi everyone, I'm having an annoying issue with Notepad and File Explorer and I'm not sure if it's because it's just Windows 11 being the issue. The issue is when I scroll in Notepad or in File Explorer the text or letters overlap each other, and I have to move my mouse over...
  7. Notepad and File Explorer Text issue

Notepad and File Explorer Text issue: Hi everyone, I'm having an annoying issue with Notepad and File Explorer and I'm not sure if it's because it's just Windows 11 being the issue. The issue is when I scroll in Notepad or in File Explorer the text or letters overlap each other, and I have to move my mouse over...
  8. Entering text in Notepad

in Windows 10 Customization
    Entering text in Notepad: How do you add space between lines of text in Notepad, thanks! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/entering-text-in-notepad/f6634368-7067-4189-91af-5909eee4fe4a
  9. Notepad slow to open text files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Notepad slow to open text files: We have some users that have discovered that notepad is slow to open when logged into the domain compared to when you log in locally. We have been able to duplicate the problem but have not found a fix. We have created two text files with random text with the sizes of...
  10. Bat File to change notepad text

in Windows 10 Support
    Bat File to change notepad text: Hi, I've been trying to make a batch file to change a line fo text in a .txt file, to the .bat files current directory. for example running it would produce this result: Run .Bat line of text in file changes to the current directory of .bat Anyone know any help with...