Windows 10: Corrupted Partition Table

Discus and support Corrupted Partition Table in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; How do I fix a hard drive with a broken partition table, I have tried the following: *diskpart - tried cleaning it with this but failed *... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Clarence Verganio, Apr 29, 2020.

1. Corrupted Partition Table

How do I fix a hard drive with a broken partition table, I have tried the following:

*diskpart - tried cleaning it with this but failed

* - list volume it only shows my USB which is the one I am using to install Windows

*bootrec /fixmbr - Gives me "access denied

*chkdsk without drive letter I don't know why - Gives me the read - only thing tried doing the "attributes disk clear readonly" but failed

*TestDisk - But I can't boot from it so failed

NOTES:

*I only have 1 hard drive

*Please move this if this is in a wrong section

:)

Clarence Verganio, Apr 29, 2020

2. Corrupted NTFS Partition Table

I have a 160GB drive that for some reason or another has a corrupted NTFS partition table.

The NTFS partition (about 129GB) is inaccessible, (I get an error message stating that I need to format the drive inorder to use it.) and the remaining free space is in RAW format. For some reason the normal tools will not recognize the original NTFS partition and I cannot repair/recover the partition.

Can anyone recommend any tools that they've used to repair/recover NTFS partition information?

Part of me is thinking of just formatting the drive and then trying to recover what I can through recovery software.

Any idea's?

ex-dohctor, May 23, 2020
  3. Invalid partition table

Hi Ken,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing currently.

I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

1. Are you able to boot up to the desktop?

2. Did you make any changes to the computer recently?

I understand that you get a startup error "Invalid Partition Table". Let me help you in resolving the issue.

I would like to inform you that this issue may happen due to system file corruption. As of now, I suggest you to try the following steps to employ the DISM command lines and check if that helps:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.

• In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:
    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Cleanupimage

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

• Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.
    Hope the information helps. Keep us posted on Windows related queries and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, May 23, 2020
  4. mab1376 Win User

Corrupted Partition Table

Help, partition table issue!!

Im trying to resize my partition on my laptop to install kubuntu but my partition is corrupted.

it still boots into windows fine but i cant get partition magic to recognize the drive.

i ran partition table doctor 3.0 and it found my old linux partition and didn't recognize my current windows partition, how can i repair this?

right now all i have is one partition as big as the entire drive.

mab1376, May 23, 2020
Thema:

Corrupted Partition Table

1. Corrupted Partition Table - Similar Threads - Corrupted Partition Table

2. Windows 10 Install Partition Table

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Install Partition Table: Hello,I want to know if this is possible and how to do using diskpart and what commands to useI’m installing Windows 10, I want to know if either the System Reserved Partition or Windows 10 Partition can be logical partitions in my MBR partition table to the...
  3. Invalid partition table error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Invalid partition table error: Hello my computer that recently corrupted with using the windows in recovery USB it says invalid partition table on my dell latitude E6440 what can I do I tried updating the BIOS but that didn’t work does anyone know how to fix it thanks galaxy...
  4. Invalid partition table error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Invalid partition table error: Hello my computer that recently corrupted with using the windows in recovery USB it says invalid partition table on my dell latitude E6440 what can I do I tried updating the BIOS but that didn’t work does anyone know how to fix it thanks galaxy...
  5. Invalid partition table error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Win10 Updates corrupting Partition Table external USB HDD's - to RAW

Win10 Updates corrupting Partition Table external USB HDD's - to RAW: This is a recurring problem. I am looking for suggestions on: 1. how to repair my partition tables without formatting my HDD's. 2. how to prevent this problem from recurring. Background: I run a Dell XPS-15 9550, internal 512gb SDD. My data is photographs and video files....
  7. Invalid partition table

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Invalid partition table: I have just cloned a hard drive using Macrium Reflect. Normally this works perfectly but this time, on start with the new drive installed I get a message that says 'Invalid partition table!' I can hit <enter> and proceed into the system. I would like to get rid of this...
  8. Invalid partition table error

Invalid partition table error: Hi, I am using a Dell Latitude 3550 laptop. I had two OSes (Windows 10 + Linux) on this system. Today I decided to remove Linux and use just Windows 10. I removed through Disk Manager the two partition belonging to Linux (root and swap), and extended my Windows volume to...
  9. backup GPT partition table

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    backup GPT partition table: What is the native way to backup and restore my GPT partition table in Windows 10? When I Google this subject the only people that seem to care about this are Linux admins. 34944
  10. Partition table problem with Windows update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Partition table problem with Windows update: I've been trying to upgrade (not a fresh install) a Gateway desktop from Win7 to Win10 for weeks now, but the stumbling block is that SP1 is required, but I don't have it. I've been told that I can upgrade without SP1 using a DVD with the win10 iso (from the media builder...