Windows 10: Corrupted profile resolved but windows hello won't start

Discus and support Corrupted profile resolved but windows hello won't start in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I have a PC with two users configured. One user had a corrupted profile. Kept getting a temporary profile on every login. I was unable to get the... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Wesk2, Sep 19, 2021.

1. Wesk2 Win User

Corrupted profile resolved but windows hello won't start

I have a PC with two users configured. One user had a corrupted profile. Kept getting a temporary profile on every login. I was unable to get the original profile path to load so forced windows to create a new profile path. However now the problem is the Windows hello pin refuses to finish. Always get the error: this option is currently unavailableI've deleted the NGC folder with no help.The other user on this computer can disable their pin and re-add their pin. All the hello functions work for this other user. Suspect, the profile has an issue or?I see one 10016 when I run the pin wiz

:)

Wesk2, Sep 19, 2021
  2. Tenforo Active Member

Windows 10 won´t start any program as Administrator

Hello. I´m having this issue since installed one of the latest Windows 10 system updates.

When I try to open any program that requires Administrator confirmation (that screen with the Yes/No question), this dialog won´t appear anymore. The screen background stays darkened and nothing happens.

1. Using Windows 10 Home (x64)
    2. My microsoft user account is properly checked
    3. I´m the administrator of the PC
    4. Already tried do create another administrator user account - same problem, no success
    5. Cannot start any program/service that requires administrator authorization (not even regedit)
    Please help!

Tenforo, Sep 19, 2021
  3. Tenforo Active Member
    Lumia 830 main camera won`t start

After windows 10 update my lumia 830 camera won`t start . It says Camera won`t start . I tried other camera apps but camera still not work . Front camera working plz help me . I did hard reset , soft reset , downgraded to 8.1 but problem still persist

Tenforo, Sep 19, 2021
  4. Tenforo Active Member
    Windows Hello won't work for a family member account

• Have you applied a group policy? If yes, you may check this article on
      how to resolve the issue.
      • No group policy applied
    • Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
      • It’s a new computer. As soon as I created my administrator account I created a family account for my wife. Everything else works on her account but Windows Hello does not work (the camera).
    • What is the exact error message?
      • I attempted to attach screen shots of each step we have gone through but it would accept Word or PDF files. Is there another way I can get them to you?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far to resolve this?
      • I deleted her family member account, created a PC account (with the same results), deleted the PC account and recreated the family member account. No luck with her Windows Hello.
    There is a possibility that the family member account/profile that you have created is corrupted/damaged. We suggest that you try re-configuring the profile.
    (Already did that)

Tenforo, Sep 19, 2021
Thema:

Corrupted profile resolved but windows hello won't start

1. Corrupted profile resolved but windows hello won't start - Similar Threads - Corrupted profile resolved

2. Start Menu not working, rebuilding profile didn't resolve

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start Menu not working, rebuilding profile didn't resolve: Hello all! I'm posting this more as a solution for people to test out since I couldn't find this anywhere online and had to do a lot of trial and error to fix a Start Menu not working issue, so I'm jotting the notes here so people have clear steps to follow. I did the...
  3. Start Menu not working, rebuilding profile didn't resolve

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start Menu not working, rebuilding profile didn't resolve: Hello all! I'm posting this more as a solution for people to test out since I couldn't find this anywhere online and had to do a lot of trial and error to fix a Start Menu not working issue, so I'm jotting the notes here so people have clear steps to follow. I did the...
  4. Start Menu not working, rebuilding profile didn't resolve

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows 11 corrupt profile

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 corrupt profile: I booted up my laptop to continue finishing my work please keep in mind that I have been up to date with all the updates as well as the optional updates and make a back up for it since I forgot to do so the night before I shut down my laptop but I was greeted with a message...
  6. Corrupt profile

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Corrupt profile: so i was holding the power button on my laptop to force my computer to shot down while window is signing in and the next time i turned my computer on, it say the window cant sign in my profile and i have to use a alternative profile which will lost everything i did after i...
  7. Windows Profile Corrupted

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Profile Corrupted: Hi, I recently worked with Microsoft on a separate issue I was having significant trouble logging into my Microsoft account on any app/web browser. The popup to login would turn blank and white and would never let me login. It turned out to be my Windows profile itself, not...
  8. "Corrupted" profile?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "Corrupted" profile?: I have a piece of hardware that works fine when plugged into one my profile users, but when it connects to the other user it doesnt work the same way!. I dont know what to do. I could use the other profile but I have some data there wich I like to keep handy, is there a way...
  9. Corrupted Profile

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Corrupted Profile: This morning, I tried signing into my computer to find out my profile had been corrupted, is there anyway I can get my files from that profile back? submitted by /u/Motorsport_Fanatic_7 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gv7as9/corrupted_profile/
  10. Profile corrupted?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Profile corrupted?: On booting, my Desktop and Taskbar have become almost empty. Start has lost almost all of its tiles, some are blacked out. The Store cannot be accessed. Most icons which remained or which I re-created do not launch their app or file. A few which work look like their app has...