Windows 10: "Corrupted" profile?

Discus and support "Corrupted" profile? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have a piece of hardware that works fine when plugged into one my profile users, but when it connects to the other user it doesnt work the same way!.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Paskis, Jul 20, 2020.

1. /u/Paskis Win User

"Corrupted" profile?

I have a piece of hardware that works fine when plugged into one my profile users, but when it connects to the other user it doesnt work the same way!. I dont know what to do.

I could use the other profile but I have some data there wich I like to keep handy, is there a way to:

1. reset? the profile settings or something? I dont really know whats wrong
    2. move all the files to the other profile?
    3. fix the first profile but I have tried everything related with that hardware and still doesnt work

Thanks not sure if this is the correct place to post it, but I just ran out of ideas to try.

submitted by /u/Paskis
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Paskis, Jul 20, 2020
  2. zbook Win User

Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Jul 20, 2020
  3. Corrupted file RAR

If the archive has been created using WinRAR, why don't you try WinRAR itself? It has a built-in repair feature for repairing corrupted archive (ZIP as well as RAR). Follow the steps given below:
    • Open WinRAR application in your system.
    • Now click on File tab > Open or simply press Ctrl+O.
    • A small window "Find Archive" will pop up. Locate the corrupt RAR archive from your system directory and select it.
    • Now click Open button.
    • Click Tools tab > Repair archive or simply press Alt+R.
    • Again a small window "Repairing File name.rar" will pop up.
    • Now click Browse to select a location to save the repaired archive.
    • Check the box "Treat the corrupt archive as RAR" and click OK.
    • WinRAR will start repairing of corrupt RAR archive. Once it gets completed click Close.
    I hope the above steps will help you repair the corrupted RAR archive.

Thanks.

Lincoln Dunne, Jul 20, 2020
  4. "Corrupted" profile?

explorer.exe corrupted

Hello,

This issue might be due to corrupted or missing system files.

I suggest you to try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: End the Windows Explorer process and create the new one.

• Press Ctrl+Shift+Esc, under Process
      tab, search for Windows Explorer.
    • Right click on it and click on End task.
    • Click on File in the Task Manager
      at top left corner of the window and select Run new task.
    • Type explorer.exe and click on Ok.

Step 2: Run SFC scan.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.

• After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.

Step 3: Run Memory Diagnostic Tool.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key and type
      Memory Diagnostic
    • Select Windows Memory Diagnostics
      and click on Restart now and check for problems.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.

Hope it helps.

Try all the above mentioned steps and update the status of this issue for further assistance.

Anju Thekkethil, Jul 20, 2020
Thema:

"Corrupted" profile?

1. "Corrupted" profile? - Similar Threads - Corrupted profile

2. Windows Update corrupted my user profile

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update corrupted my user profile: I have a PC that is seldom connected to the internet for security reasons there is no greater security than a machine that hackers have no access to but I needed to download a file so I plugged in the ethernet cable and turned the PC on after it booted up it had installed a...
  3. Windows Update corrupted my user profile

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update corrupted my user profile: I have a PC that is seldom connected to the internet for security reasons there is no greater security than a machine that hackers have no access to but I needed to download a file so I plugged in the ethernet cable and turned the PC on after it booted up it had installed a...
  4. Windows Update corrupted my user profile

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How to fix a corrupted network profile on windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix a corrupted network profile on windows 10: So i tried to reconnect to my university wifi and when i try to change the authentication method it showed this error and then back to default"Windows has encountered an error saving the wireless profile""Specific error: The network connection profile is corrupted."...
  6. How to fix a corrupted network profile on windows 10

How to fix a corrupted network profile on windows 10: So i tried to reconnect to my university wifi and when i try to change the authentication method it showed this error and then back to default"Windows has encountered an error saving the wireless profile""Specific error: The network connection profile is corrupted."...
  7. How to fix a corrupted network profile on windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. I need help to transfer all my Appdata and content from my old Windows profile corrupted...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help to transfer all my Appdata and content from my old Windows profile corrupted...: Hi! Last night I let me laptop to be on whole night and in the morning I saw that it was turned off. I started it and as it opened it shifted me to a Temporary profile and showed me a message like this: this is not my pc , I used this image from someone else question so since...
  9. I need help to transfer all my Appdata and content from my old Windows profile corrupted...

I need help to transfer all my Appdata and content from my old Windows profile corrupted...: Hi! Last night I let me laptop to be on whole night and in the morning I saw that it was turned off. I started it and as it opened it shifted me to a Temporary profile and showed me a message like this: this is not my pc , I used this image from someone else question so since...
  10. I need help to transfer all my Appdata and content from my old Windows profile corrupted...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing