Windows 10: Corrupted Registry Unable to Boot - How To Fix with CMD From Bootable Installation USB?...

Discus and support Corrupted Registry Unable to Boot - How To Fix with CMD From Bootable Installation USB?... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello all, Last night, Windows 10 pushed an update. In the morning, it was stuck in a reboot loop where it would continually fail to repair itself.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RCAProduction, May 17, 2019.

1. Corrupted Registry Unable to Boot - How To Fix with CMD From Bootable Installation USB?...

Hello all,

Last night, Windows 10 pushed an update. In the morning, it was stuck in a reboot loop where it would continually fail to repair itself.

I spent the day trying to fix it, but I couldn't find anything that worked. Currently, I am stuck with "The operating system couldn't be loaded because the system registry file is missing or contains errors.

Error Code 0x0000225 "

Here's what I tried that did NOT work (And made it worse):

• Attempting to repair the BCD (Access denied)
    • Disabling automatic recovery mode in the BCD (Which now means I can't access command prompt from the native system, and I also can't reset the setting)
    • chkdsk (No errors found)
    • sfc /scannow (No errors found)
    • DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth (Various issues, highlighted below)

DISM is the most promising, but I can't get it to run. My only way to work on the system is to boot into the installation USB, and navigate to the command prompt. Whenever I run DISM, it errors "Error 50 DISM does not support servicing Windows PE..." and if I remove /Online with /Source:X:\Windows I get "Error: 87 the cleanup-image option is unknown".

I don't have an option to do a system reset keeping personal data, because I can't do anything with the native system. Initially I didn't want to deal with reinstalling 100 gigabytes of programs because of a windows update... But now that seems like it would have taken half the time.

I'd like to at least try using the DISM tool, but I can't get it to work from the install USB.

Any help is appreciated.

:)

RCAProduction, May 17, 2019
  2. Agility Win User

Multi-bootable USB

Hey guys from TPU, couldn't find any specific thread pertaining to the question asked on title. As mentioned, I'm trying to create a bootable USB, but with many specifics boots available.

I've been trying to create one with multiple boot device including one that enables me to run Windows 10 directly on the USB Thumb Drive but to no avail.

The list of bootable images i'm trying to create are

1. Windows 10 (A full OS running from thumb drive)
    2. Windows 10 ISO (Bootable disk image for fresh install)
    3. MemTest86+

Have tried YUMI or UUI from the website USB PenDrive Linux but as this is my first time, i don't know how am i screwing up or am doing it right.. Anyone got a rough idea on a step by step guide? Thanks!

Agility, May 17, 2019
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Unable to boot into Windows - Disk Corrupted

• If your BIOS was set to UEFI then Windows was installed using GPT partition scheme. There are 2 modes to boot the USB from: Legacy and UEFI, you should not change the BIOS setting to Legacy.
    • BootRec /FixMbr and BootRec /FixBoot only work with MBR partition scheme, yours is GPT

1. Download: Rescue.V6.1.1311.iso - Google Drive and use Rufus to create a bootable USB with format: FAT32, MBR partition scheme for BIOS or UEFI

Corrupted Registry Unable to Boot - How To Fix with CMD From Bootable Installation USB?... [​IMG]
    2. set your BIOS back to UEFI and boot up from the USB (select UEFI boot mode).
    3. Click on "Fix Windows boot problems"

Corrupted Registry Unable to Boot - How To Fix with CMD From Bootable Installation USB?... [​IMG]

topgundcp, May 17, 2019
  4. Corrupted Registry Unable to Boot - How To Fix with CMD From Bootable Installation USB?...

Bootable USB with ISO - What am I missing?

I am trying to install win7 from a USB. I set the USB to be first boot and it finds it, but wont install the iso.

I have tried ...

However when I get to bootsect it does not do anything .. says it is not a recognized internal command ...

Is there something I am missing? I even tried just loading the iso on the USB and booting, but did not work either

Is there an easier way?

copenhagen69, May 17, 2019
Thema:

Corrupted Registry Unable to Boot - How To Fix with CMD From Bootable Installation USB?...

1. Corrupted Registry Unable to Boot - How To Fix with CMD From Bootable Installation USB?... - Similar Threads - Corrupted Registry Unable

2. Installing Windows from Bootable USB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installing Windows from Bootable USB: My laptop Razerblade base model late 2019 had an issues as everytime I tried to bootup it would result in CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED and so I cleaned and formatted my SSD and HDD through CMD and tried to reinstall Windows 10 however it came up with the error 0x800701B1 during the...
  3. Installing Windows from Bootable USB

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installing Windows from Bootable USB: My laptop Razerblade base model late 2019 had an issues as everytime I tried to bootup it would result in CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED and so I cleaned and formatted my SSD and HDD through CMD and tried to reinstall Windows 10 however it came up with the error 0x800701B1 during the...
  4. Installing Windows from Bootable USB

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. BootMGR Image is corrupt - & not booting from Installation USB and Recovery USB

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BootMGR Image is corrupt - & not booting from Installation USB and Recovery USB: HiHoping someone can help.Our laptop just stopped booting and gives this error message on startup:BOOTMGR image is corrupt. The system cannot boot.A black screen with this message initially came up during a work session, but now occurs every time we try to boot.The laptop...
  6. BootMGR Image is corrupt - & not booting from Installation USB and Recovery USB

BootMGR Image is corrupt - & not booting from Installation USB and Recovery USB: HiHoping someone can help.Our laptop just stopped booting and gives this error message on startup:BOOTMGR image is corrupt. The system cannot boot.A black screen with this message initially came up during a work session, but now occurs every time we try to boot.The laptop...
  7. Unable to install Windows using bootable USB.

Unable to install Windows using bootable USB.: I had Windows 10 installed in my machine and the C: drive was bitlocker encrypted. Now, that my system crashed, I want to install Windows afresh. But while booting the USB drive, the drives don't show up. It asked me to load drives so tried loading drivers but that didn't...
  8. Installing windows from a bootable USB

Installing windows from a bootable USB: I have just finished putting together my new PC and I am struggling to install windows. I am using a Macbook to make my bootable USB. I have tried using a bootable USB made with Bootcamp assistant - the USB came up in bios but it would not boot into the windows install...
  9. windows unable to fix corrupted files on cmd

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows unable to fix corrupted files on cmd: i did a sfc/scannow on cmd and it was saying windows could not repair some files, so i tried easeUS master partition to help but it didn't, can anyone help me, i can't attach the CBS file info...
  10. Unable to boot from Bootable Norton Ghost USB

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Unable to boot from Bootable Norton Ghost USB: I have 2 Toshiba laptops and I create back up images for them. I have created a Bootable Norton Ghost USB and on 1 of the laptops this works fine. However on my 2nd laptop - newer model - I cannot boot from the same USB stick so that I can either restore an image that I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. How to reboot from corrupted windows installation in cmd

2. windows 10 usb system registry