Windows 10: corrupted sd card, tried chkdsk fix now what? windows 10

Discus and support corrupted sd card, tried chkdsk fix now what? windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Found instruction online, ran the chkdsk scan for the f drive and it found a LOT of " lost chains cross linked at cluster orphan truncated files" and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by loveembirds, Nov 25, 2021.

1. corrupted sd card, tried chkdsk fix now what? windows 10

Found instruction online, ran the chkdsk scan for the f drive and it found a LOT of " lost chains cross linked at cluster orphan truncated files" and said many others were "bad links in lost chain at cluster and were corrected. " I did not do a screen print even if I could so sorry about that Anyway....got to the end and it asked should I convert lost chains to files. I checked yes.Now what. ? Are my recovered files somewhere on this computer and if so...where would these files be found on my computer?!I can't FIND THEM !If not ......should I do a system restore just in case I fowl

:)

loveembirds, Nov 25, 2021
  2. bradleyb Win User

SD card/SD card reader no longer working

Hi. New to this so not sure of category.
    I have a Lenovo G70. Windows 10, 64bit
    My SD card reader has stopped working.
    In Device Manager, the SD card is not listed.
    I can't format the card as it is not listed.
    I cannot locate the card at all as it is not listed anywhere.
    I've tried chkdsk and get 'Cannot open volume for direct access'
    I don't even have the icon displaying when micro SD card is inserted.
    It did work previously but I had errors. Scanning and fixing did not help.
    I place the SD card in my Android phone and it works fine.
    Please help!
    Thank you for any assistance.

bradleyb, Nov 25, 2021
  3. HAN2001 Win User
    Corrupted SD card

I tried to fix my corrupted sd card using chkdsk command in windows 10. It says the following:

The type of the file system is FAT32.

Volume Serial Number is 3B83-1115

Windows is verifying files and folders...

The 'file' entry contains a nonvalid link.

The size of the 'file' entry is not valid.

When windows tried to fix the issue, it also says 'There was a problem repairing this drive'.

What should I do?

HAN2001, Nov 25, 2021
  4. Suman_B Win User

corrupted sd card, tried chkdsk fix now what? windows 10

files getting corrupted on sd card connected to surface go

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I suggest you to try the following methods and check:

Method 1: Connect SD card to another device and check.

Device may not read an SD card due to incompatibility or driver-related issues. In such cases, try to connect your SD card to another device.

Method 2: Try chkdsk command to check for memory card errors.

Select the Start button. In the search box on the taskbar, type
    command prompt. Choose Command Prompt from the list of results. On the command window, type "chkdsk" followed by the drive letter corresponding to the SD card then by a colon and /f.

For ex: chkdsk g: /f (Where G is the drive letter assigned to SD card

Check disk disclaimer.

Important: While performing chkdsk on the hard drive, if any bad sectors are found on the hard drive then chkdsk tries to repair that sector if any data available on that might be lost

Method 3: Reinstall Driver.

1. Select Start .
    2. In the search box on the taskbar, type device manager.
    3. Double-Click Disk Drives
      option from the list. Then Right Click on the name of your removable drive.
    4. Click Uninstall and click
      Ok.
    5. Disconnect your storage media and restart your PC.
    6. Reconnect your SD card again and check if it fixes the issue.

Eject the device from the taskbar and replug it in. Sometimes unplugging it directly from the PC can corrupt the SD card.
    Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Suman.B

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Suman_B, Nov 25, 2021
Thema:

corrupted sd card, tried chkdsk fix now what? windows 10

1. corrupted sd card, tried chkdsk fix now what? windows 10 - Similar Threads - corrupted card tried

2. Windows 10 seems to be corrupting my SD cards

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 seems to be corrupting my SD cards: Ive run into this twice now, perfectly good 16GB Sandisk SDHC cards now rendered unusable after trying to read and/or format in windows 10.I have several wildlife trail cameras and usually take the files off with either my windows 10 Pro desktop or laptop, more often the HP...
  3. Windows 10 seems to be corrupting my SD cards

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 seems to be corrupting my SD cards: Ive run into this twice now, perfectly good 16GB Sandisk SDHC cards now rendered unusable after trying to read and/or format in windows 10.I have several wildlife trail cameras and usually take the files off with either my windows 10 Pro desktop or laptop, more often the HP...
  4. Windows 10 seems to be corrupting my SD cards

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. corrupted sd card, tried chkdsk fix now what? windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    corrupted sd card, tried chkdsk fix now what? windows 10: Found instruction online, ran the chkdsk scan for the f drive and it found a LOT of " lost chains cross linked at cluster orphan truncated files" and said many others were "bad links in lost chain at cluster and were corrected. " I did not do a screen print even if I could so...
  6. corrupted sd card, tried chkdsk fix now what? windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    corrupted sd card, tried chkdsk fix now what? windows 10: Found instruction online, ran the chkdsk scan for the f drive and it found a LOT of " lost chains cross linked at cluster orphan truncated files" and said many others were "bad links in lost chain at cluster and were corrected. " I did not do a screen print even if I could so...
  7. my micro sd card corrupted in windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    my micro sd card corrupted in windows 10: Hi, I was formatting my micro SD card with quick format unchecked. While in progress by mistake I pressed escape key. Now it is corrupted. How to fix it?...
  8. Corrupted SD card

Corrupted SD card: I tried to fix my corrupted sd card using chkdsk command in windows 10. It says the following: The type of the file system is FAT32. Volume Serial Number is 3B83-1115 Windows is verifying files and folders... The 'file' entry contains a nonvalid link. The size of the...
  9. Files are corrupted on SD card

Files are corrupted on SD card: I use 512 SD card inserted in my Surface Go as an extra storage place. But I’ve recently found out that most of my files are corrupted https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/files-are-corrupted-on-sd-card/3f6ddc9c-be6d-4568-941b-e45837817246
  10. Micro SD Card Corrupted

Micro SD Card Corrupted: Hi Before I forget my phones an android! The other day I moved some music over to my phone and it seemed to move OK so I went ahead and removed my phone from the laptop. Then when I got to the car I went to pull up my music player so I could play over my cars audio...