Windows 10: corrupted start menu and windows apps.

Discus and support corrupted start menu and windows apps. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Good morning, My problem started about 2 weeks ago. whenever I try to open 'start menu' there is this popup : critical error please log out. and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by B.Hamed, Oct 23, 2019.

1. B.Hamed Win User

corrupted start menu and windows apps.

Good morning,

My problem started about 2 weeks ago.

whenever I try to open 'start menu' there is this popup : critical error please log out.

and that's what I did at first, but the problem was never fixed.

Then I discovered more issues, none of windows apps is working : photos viewer, calculator, half of the settings ( can't turn on/off wifi, rise volume...).

Yesterday I created another user profile (using ''my computer- right click- manage'' : because the ordinary way isn't working),

and everything was fixed (using the new user), all except for photos viewer.

Please tell me how to fix my old user profile, or, at least, how to import all my data, passwords, shortcuts to the new one.

thank you all in advance,

best regards,

Hamed.

:)

B.Hamed, Oct 23, 2019
  2. AcuraTML Win User

(Corrupted Cortina App Stuck within Windows 10 Start Menu)

Shawn, or anyone in this Windows 10 Great Forum regarding Apps, your assistance is needed....

I been going nuts here for 2 week

Regarding Windows Start Menu

I remove Cortina completely but now I have a corrupted listing within the start menu under all apps, and now Other and just below there is @(Microsoft.Cortina bla bla bla dead listing and icon

Is there a way to zap it remove this dead listing within Windows 10 Start Menu via a windows registry tweak or something

FYI: I ran very deep commands with install_wim_tweak and no luck at this time to know this dead icon listing within the current Windows 10 Menu *Sad

Please look below:

corrupted start menu and windows apps. [​IMG]

Thanks In Advance, Shawn and Everyone!

Current OS: M$ Windows 10 Enterprise (64-bit) Fully Activated by Registered Live MAK Key

Regards,

AcuraTML, Oct 23, 2019
  3. dalchina Win User
    dalchina, Oct 23, 2019
  4. corrupted start menu and windows apps.

Start Menu Corrupted - ms-resource:appDisplayName

So after further searching , I found out the following odd facts :

So this is the odd app showing in start menu with several other missing apps .

Now few forums suggested this to be a sign of corruption example here .

So forums suggested too that there is a tool to fix corruptions called Start Menu Troubleshooter which wasn't easy to find .

Like always all MS Troubleshooters it managed to state the obvious :

So searching on for means to fix the corruption since Microsoft was vague enough about this I came across this page here :
    The odd thing is my old profile has an XML based setting file and empty database folder :

While new profile has no XML file but a database folder :

Any body came across these blahs before ?! @Brink think these are familiar ?

nIGHTmAYOR, Oct 23, 2019
Thema:

corrupted start menu and windows apps.

1. corrupted start menu and windows apps. - Similar Threads - corrupted start menu

2. Windows Start Menu, Apps and Text are "glitched" or "corrupted"? (EXAMPLE PICTURES)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Start Menu, Apps and Text are "glitched" or "corrupted"? (EXAMPLE PICTURES): Problem happened in the past hour. I haven't downloaded anything in the past two days. Tried a system restore, but that didn't help. sfc scan didn't bring up anything. There are NO problems in safe mode. Is it graphics related? Thank you all. https://imgur.com/a/g0rDspu...
  3. Windows Search not working, Start Menu corrupted

in Cortana
    Windows Search not working, Start Menu corrupted: After some Windows updates, my search does not seem to find anything not on C drive. I have multiple games installed on a secondary harddrive E through steam, and other programs, however the only stuff it seems to find is what there is either a shortcut to on my desktop, or...
  4. App icon corrupted on Start Menu in search

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    App icon corrupted on Start Menu in search: When I try to sarch some apps Whatsapp, Office suite, Sistem programs as Settings, Memo..., icons are corrupted. This happens only in start menu, but if I pin the apps on the task bar or when I open this app, icons show up. I've tried to restore icon cache, but nothing...
  5. Corrupted Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Corrupted Start Menu: I upgraded to 1909 yesterday, and, among other things, the tiling operation of Start Menus is corrupted. For random tiles, they either don't work and/or cannot be moved, or some shortcuts are not successfully pinned. They either do or don't show up in the apps list on the...
  6. Windows 10 Start Menu corrupted – Tile Database is corrupt

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Start Menu corrupted – Tile Database is corrupt: [ATTACH] [IMG]The Windows 10 Start Menu is quite a stable experience, but there are times when it can self–destruct for some reason and become corrupt. If this has happened to you in the past, then worry not because we‘re here to [...] This post Windows 10 Start Menu...
  7. Start Menu corruption: "Tile database is corrupt"

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu corruption: "Tile database is corrupt": Since updating Windows 10 to version 1803, I noticed that at the bottom of my Start Menu there is a category "Other" and one item under that category listed as "ms-resource:appDisplayName". When I click on it, it opens a page in Windows Store where I can check for app...
  8. (Corrupted Cortina App Stuck within Windows 10 Start Menu)

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    (Corrupted Cortina App Stuck within Windows 10 Start Menu): Shawn, or anyone in this Windows 10 Great Forum regarding Apps, your assistance is needed.... I been going nuts here for 2 week Regarding Windows Start Menu I remove Cortina completely but now I have a corrupted listing within the start menu under all apps, and now...
  9. Corrupted Start Menu Icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Corrupted Start Menu Icons: Hello Windows 10 Forum, I am frequently getting corrupted icons appearing in my Start Menu. These icons are appearing anyways if I am signed in with Microsoft or with a local account. I am really annoyed with these white icons. I would be thankful if this great forum could...
  10. Start Menu Corrupted - ms-resource:appDisplayName

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu Corrupted - ms-resource:appDisplayName: So lately I was faced by the following symptoms : 1 - Alot of apps not appearing on start menu where I can only run them through store 2 - Mysterious app called : ms-resource:appDisplayName appearing on start menu that can't be deleted / uninstalled 3 - All my previous...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows start menu critical error