Windows 10: corrupted system restore

Discus and support corrupted system restore in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Yes, I've read the responses to this question here already, they were no help. problem: system restore freezes while restoring files and settings... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by CandiceCopeland, May 2, 2019.

1. corrupted system restore

Yes, I've read the responses to this question here already, they were no help.

problem:

system restore freezes while restoring files and settings

Why can't there be a place to go to download a new restore file? Any other suggestions?

:)

CandiceCopeland, May 2, 2019
  2. zbook Win User

Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, May 2, 2019
  3. System restore

Hi Thomas,

Some of the possible reasons why you're having issues performing a system restore is due to corrupted system files on your computer or corrupted user profile. We may need to do further investigation to identify the issue and its cause. Please provide the
    following information:

• Are you getting any error message/code?
    • What are the changes made on your computer prior to this?
    • Can you tell us what are the troubleshooting steps you've already tried?

Regile Reb, May 2, 2019
  4. Clark Ari Win User

corrupted system restore

System Restore - System restore failed to extract the file ...... (0x8007005) error

Hi Loucille,

One of the possible reasons why the error code 0x8007005 occurs when performing system restore is due to corrupted system files that caused software conflicts. Since you have tried several steps to resolve the issue, we recommend that you
    perform a System Restore in safe mode. To boot your device in
    safe mode kindly click on this link. This will start Windows in a basic state, using a limited
    set of files and drivers.

Once done, we suggest that you perform a system restore after booting in safe mode. System Restore will be able to revert your PC or laptop to their previous state, which can be used to repair and recover system malfunctions or issues. Restoring won’t affect
    your personal files, but it will remove apps, drivers, and updates installed after the restore point was made. To do this, follow the steps below:

• Right-click the Start button, and then select Control Panel.
    • Search Control Panel for Recovery.
    • Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.
    • Choose the restore point related to the problematic app, driver, or update, and then select Next > Finish.

If in case that the issue persists, we suggest that you run the System File Checker tool. This will be able
    to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore it. We also suggest that you run the DISM command to repair the Windows image on your system. Follow the steps provided
    on this link for the complete guide on how to use
    the tool.

Please post back with the result.

Clark Ari, May 2, 2019
Thema:

corrupted system restore

1. corrupted system restore - Similar Threads - corrupted system restore

2. Corrupt system?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Corrupt system?: Okay everyone, I’ve done everything I know to try.Just bought a custom built PC from a friend, and can verify everything worked fine before he wiped it completely so that I would have a fresh PC. Had to reinstall windows, but it was okay because I have an account. Flash...
  3. Corrupt system?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Corrupt system?: Okay everyone, I’ve done everything I know to try.Just bought a custom built PC from a friend, and can verify everything worked fine before he wiped it completely so that I would have a fresh PC. Had to reinstall windows, but it was okay because I have an account. Flash...
  4. Many corrupted system files--how to restore?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Many corrupted system files--how to restore?: gang, i really donked it up this time :Anyways: following a power surge a few weeks ago, I recently learned that several important system files are missing. - I cannot perform system updates - I cannot reinstall Windows 10 - My disk usage is always very high - Crashes are...
  5. Windows system restore left a corrupt search entry

in Cortana
    Windows system restore left a corrupt search entry: I used the windows restore point I created after a fresh install of windows 10 using the windows refresh tool to go back to the point right after I just installed all the updates for windows 10 2004. Prior to using the system restore feature I installed HP Support Assistant....
  6. System Restore and Corrupt FIles

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    System Restore and Corrupt FIles: My current installation has corrupt files in it but i’d like to keep everything that i currently have as with my connection it would take weeks to obtain everything again. I can’t restore them with SFC or DSIM as those have failed (1903) Would a clean installation of 2004...
  7. Restoring missing, corrupted, and or deleted system files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Restoring missing, corrupted, and or deleted system files: Do both system restore and sfc /scannow restore system files if they are missing, corrupted, and or deleted? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restoring-missing-corrupted-and-or-deleted-system/25512266-0d5f-46cd-97c9-1f9ee09665b1"
  8. On Windows 10 will stopping a system restore in the middle of it Corrupt the Registry

On Windows 10 will stopping a system restore in the middle of it Corrupt the Registry: My parents have a new Lenovo Desk top pc. They called an online (no offense) Geek. He created a restore point and proceeded to restore the pc. Somebody became impatient and stopped it 1 hour into it. the computer lost apps including the app for the Microsoft Store. So I cant...
  9. bootrec.dll is corrupt, System restore failed to extract

bootrec.dll is corrupt, System restore failed to extract: Hi, I have an infinite repair loop in my Windows 10.0.17134.1 laptop, 1. Firstly it says "Automatic Repair couldn't repair your pc. Logfile: D:/......... Some path/Srt/SrtTrail.txt 2. I went to troubleshoot > advanced > cmd, and opened the log file, it says,...
  10. System restore points corrupted

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System restore points corrupted: I have a about 19 system restore points saved on my computer for this month, probably one a day. All of them are corrupted. I cannot use any of them to restore my computer to an earlier time. None of previous months exist even though I have given system restore enough...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why is my system resore corruped