Windows 10: Corrupted Text?

Discus and support Corrupted Text? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Text in certain browsers (whether it be for the internet, such as Google Chrome, or in game browsers like Battlenet) are glitching out for me. I can't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by FrostyHS, May 14, 2019.

1. FrostyHS Win User

Corrupted Text?

Text in certain browsers (whether it be for the internet, such as Google Chrome, or in game browsers like Battlenet) are glitching out for me. I can't understand why this is happening, if it's a part for my pc or something else. Can anyone give ideas why this is happening? I shouldn't need updates for programs or anything, and it's been happening for the last few months. Attached are images for examples.

Corrupted Text? 7bed7e0f-1637-45d9-90ab-ac7b2fdc9af7?upload=true.png Corrupted Text? 0fb9d76e-45f0-446d-8a99-330a8d75dfa9?upload=true.png Corrupted Text? e667096d-e1af-4523-858c-677d952c67f6?upload=true.png

:)

FrostyHS, May 14, 2019

2. Windows 10 corrupt text

Hi Jim,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing with the blur text on the operating system, do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Provide us additional information:

• Do let us know the version of Windows 10 installed on your device?
    • Have you logged in using Microsoft account on your device?

Press Windows + R keys from the keyboard, type
    winver
    , and press Enter to know the Windows version installed.

As most of the troubleshooting steps you have tried didn't resolve the issue, let me proceed further in helping you with.

Step 1: Choose the appropriate
    ClearType you wish to and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      cleartype
      and select Adjust ClearType text.
    • Follow the onscreen instruction to select the appreciate ones.

Step 2: I suggest you to run a SFC scan and check if it helps.

System File Checkeris a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.
    • After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.

Step 3: I recommend you to install all the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of accessing the text on your device for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, May 14, 2019
  3. zbook Win User
    Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, May 14, 2019
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Corrupted Text?

Vertical lines behind text cursor. HELP!

Hi,

It is possible that the vertical lines behind text cursor that you see, is can be due to corruptions. To better isolate your concern, kindly answer the following questions:

• Is there a way for you to provide us a screenshot?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the Meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps in this article by clicking on this

link
    . It will let you scan for corruptions and restore corrupted files.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, May 14, 2019
Thema:

Corrupted Text?

1. Corrupted Text? - Similar Threads - Corrupted Text

2. Corrupted Notepad++ text file.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Corrupted Notepad++ text file.: One of my long standing Notepad++ text files is corrupted when I try to open it. It just has a bunch of NULLs.There doesn't appear to be a backup version within the Notepad++ backup directory.I do have a backup version from last year.How can I fix this corrupt file?...
  3. Corrupted Notepad++ text file.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Corrupted Notepad++ text file.: One of my long standing Notepad++ text files is corrupted when I try to open it. It just has a bunch of NULLs.There doesn't appear to be a backup version within the Notepad++ backup directory.I do have a backup version from last year.How can I fix this corrupt file?...
  4. Corrupted Notepad++ text file.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Corrupt Text

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Corrupt Text: Hey, my friend was having issues with some of the text on his windows 10 laptop looking corrupt and nothing resembling letters, i managed to fix it by having him update his computer and restart it, but I'm still curious to what it actually is and how it happens, any...
  6. .jar file text always looking corrupted

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    .jar file text always looking corrupted: Whenever I open a jar file any text inside of it just looks like its corrupted. As example, thescreenshot here is my most recent encounter. It's just a Minecaft tool but I have the same with any jar file and I have no idea why. My first guess is that it came from me changing...
  7. My start menu and video games have flashing blocky squares and corrupted text. Help?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My start menu and video games have flashing blocky squares and corrupted text. Help?: My video games all worked fine until today. From the menu screen to the actual gameplay, the screen is constantly filled with a lot of small squares/rectangles that flash constantly and models in the game deform and flash too. What's also weird I noticed is that even on the...
  8. Title bar corrupted text. How can I fix this?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Title bar corrupted text. How can I fix this?: [ATTACH] Windows Version 20H2 submitted by /u/johnp1983 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hzf1z8/title_bar_corrupted_text_how_can_i_fix_this/
  9. Windows Start Menu, Apps and Text are "glitched" or "corrupted"? (EXAMPLE PICTURES)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Start Menu, Apps and Text are "glitched" or "corrupted"? (EXAMPLE PICTURES): Problem happened in the past hour. I haven't downloaded anything in the past two days. Tried a system restore, but that didn't help. sfc scan didn't bring up anything. There are NO problems in safe mode. Is it graphics related? Thank you all. https://imgur.com/a/g0rDspu...
  10. Corrupted Text Display - Graphics Card Issue?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Corrupted Text Display - Graphics Card Issue?: Win Ver 1903 (Build 18362.592) NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti I have a mature and stable system but over the last few days I've noticed an occasional line or two of text displaying as garbage (see screenshot). The text rights itself if I highlight or select the whole paragraph...