Windows 10: Corrupted .TXT Files?

Discus and support Corrupted .TXT Files? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I don't want to add unnecessary details, so I will keep this simple. A friend created a .7z archive and password protected it with a long password.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Jarrodm08, Jul 2, 2019.

1. Jarrodm08 Win User

Corrupted .TXT Files?

I don't want to add unnecessary details, so I will keep this simple.

A friend created a .7z archive and password protected it with a long password. He saved this password

int a .txt file but lost that txt file and didn't know how to recover it. He simply kept the archive in the hopes

he would figure it out and after 2 years, he managed to find someone competent in data recovery, able to

find two .txt files in the recycling bin of his external drive that were created 8 minutes after the archive showed it was created.

Though the contents of one are blank, and the txt file shows 0 bytes in size, the other contains weird characters with what looks like

a file path? I attached a link to dropbox so that you can inspect these files further. Is there any way to find out what their contents were?

Or maybe the file names even might give a clue?

https://www.dropbox.com/home/Restore Attempt?preview=TxtFiles.7z

:)

Jarrodm08, Jul 2, 2019
  2. dark2099 Win User

Generating a .txt based file list in Windows 7

I want to be able to generate a .txt file that lists all the files and folders in a specific folder on my PC, but don't know the name of any programs that do that. Searched on google a bit and came up with this guide, but it's for XP and I can't seem to find some of the folder options to modify the .bat file. Any suggestions? Thanks

http://www.theeldergeek.com/file_list_generator.htm

EDIT: The .bat file will do what I want if it is in the folder I want to do it in, but the option I want to add is having the right click option that it shows.

dark2099, Jul 2, 2019
  3. Corrupted file RAR

If the archive has been created using WinRAR, why don't you try WinRAR itself? It has a built-in repair feature for repairing corrupted archive (ZIP as well as RAR). Follow the steps given below:
    • Open WinRAR application in your system.
    • Now click on File tab > Open or simply press Ctrl+O.
    • A small window "Find Archive" will pop up. Locate the corrupt RAR archive from your system directory and select it.
    • Now click Open button.
    • Click Tools tab > Repair archive or simply press Alt+R.
    • Again a small window "Repairing File name.rar" will pop up.
    • Now click Browse to select a location to save the repaired archive.
    • Check the box "Treat the corrupt archive as RAR" and click OK.
    • WinRAR will start repairing of corrupt RAR archive. Once it gets completed click Close.
    I hope the above steps will help you repair the corrupted RAR archive.

Thanks.

Lincoln Dunne, Jul 2, 2019
  4. Corrupted .TXT Files?

Generating a .txt based file list in Windows 7

No, that > bla.txt is the target file to write to. You could use a wildcard in the argument, ie c:\windows\*.txt which would list all dlls in c:\windows. But adding that to a simple right-click would be tricky.

Basically you would execute fancyfile.bat c:\windows\*.txt, fancyfile.bat would then write all .txt files to bla.txt.

DanTheBanjoman, Jul 2, 2019
Thema:

Corrupted .TXT Files?

1. Corrupted .TXT Files? - Similar Threads - Corrupted TXT Files

2. .txt files not opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    .txt files not opening: So I've made a python script which basicly just created .txt files. And nothing happened, my program worked and suddenly today I cant open txt files because it sais Widnows cant find the file. But if I do Open With and then sth like Visual Studio Code, it works. And yes in...
  3. TXT FILES PROBLEM

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    TXT FILES PROBLEM: Hello there my SSD disk broken from power suply and i had another one. I put the new one and i put the windows 10 i had buy.I let windows to update many times now and after 2 weeks i opened some txt files i had in second disk but the outcome is that i cant read it. I suppose...
  4. TXT FILES PROBLEM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    TXT FILES PROBLEM: Hello there my SSD disk broken from power suply and i had another one. I put the new one and i put the windows 10 i had buy.I let windows to update many times now and after 2 weeks i opened some txt files i had in second disk but the outcome is that i cant read it. I suppose...
  5. TXT file corrupted or probably encrypted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    TXT file corrupted or probably encrypted: Before I make a full reset on my Windows hard drive C:, I did a backup of all my important files to my second Hard Drive D: and then, I executed the "chkdsk D: /r" on CMD just because sometimes my Hard Drive D: was having some kind of failures but I needed to do it. In the...
  6. TXT file corrupted or probably encrypted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    TXT file corrupted or probably encrypted: Before I make a full reset on my Windows hard drive C:, I did a backup of all my important files to my second Hard Drive D: and then, I executed the "chkdsk D: /r" on CMD just because sometimes my Hard Drive D: was having some kind of failures but I needed to do it. In the...
  7. How to fix "corrupted" .txt file ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix "corrupted" .txt file ?: So i had this .txt files that contain a lot of text in it and then it suddenly changes into some sort of gibberish and symbols with some alphabets with black background. I don't know if this is corrupted or is it something else, i've tried to recover the old version of that...
  8. How to fix "corrupted" .txt file ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to fix "corrupted" .txt file ?: So i had this .txt files that contain a lot of text in it and then it suddenly changes into some sort of gibberish and symbols with some alphabets with black background. I don't know if this is corrupted or is it something else, i've tried to recover the old version of that...
  9. How to fix "corrupted" .txt file ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  10. Debug file TXT

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Debug file TXT: [1011/110901.130:ERROR:directory_reader_win.cc43] FindFirstFile: The system cannot find the path specified. 0x3 Every time I open a pdf file via Microsoft edge, I get this debug file. I tried deleting it but it comes up again when I open the pdf. When I am reading through...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. can converting a .txt file to .csv file corrupt