Windows 10: Corrupted USB

Discus and support Corrupted USB in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I tried with a previous flash drive both are new it got some files got corrupted after the transfer, some didn't even appear, I returned it and got a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Pam the Panda, Sep 28, 2020.

1. Corrupted USB

I tried with a previous flash drive both are new it got some files got corrupted after the transfer, some didn't even appear, I returned it and got a new one same issue, I re-formatted the last few days and the same thing happened. I'm on a window 10, Lenovo Ideapad 330. Both USB drives are 1 TB. So far I'm mainly transferring videoes, so I'm not sure if any other files are going to be corrupted, before reformatting my flash drive, the flash drive would not give me permission to delete files, and after creating files they would turn corrupted too and I can't delete those either.

:)

Pam the Panda, Sep 28, 2020
  2. zbook Win User

Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Sep 28, 2020
  3. USB 3.0 is not working

I have tried below all the steps bu my both USB 3.0 are not working.

Please suggest more to add on.

I understand that the USB port is not working. The issue may arise if the currently loaded USB driver has become unstable or corrupt or if your PC requires an update for issues that may conflict with a USB device and Windows. This may also occur if your
    USB controllers may have become unstable or corrupt. So, I suggest you to try the following steps and check if the issue persists.

Method 1:

Remove and reinstall all USB controllers.

Open Device Manager by pressing Windows key + X and select device manager from the list. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
    In the list of hardware categories, find and expand Universal Serial Bus controllers.
    Right-click every device under the Universal Serial Bus controllers node, and then click Uninstall to remove them one at a time.
    Restart the computer, and let the USB controllers get reinstalled.
    Plug in the removable USB device, and then test to make sure that the issue is resolved.
    Method 2

The issue could be if the drivers are not updated or get corrupted. So, try to install all of the Windows updates available and if issue persists, try to update the drivers by following the steps provided in the article mentioned below.

Update drivers in Windows 10

https://support.microsoft.com/en-in...566-b983195752c1/update-drivers-in-windows-10

Method 3

If issue persists try the steps provided to uninstall the USB device from Device Manager, uninstall the device drivers from program list and then download the latest drivers from the manufacturer's website.

Step 1:

Uninstall the Device from Device Manager

Open Device Manger by clicking on Windows key + X and selecting Device manager from the list.
    Expand the USB section.
    Find the USB device.
    Right click USB and select Uninstall.
    Select the check box delete the driver software for this device.
    Reboot the computer after uninstall process has finished.
    Step 2:

Uninstall the Device Drivers from Program List in Control Panel

Click on start, select Control Panel
    Now click on Programs and select Programs and Features.
    Find the USB.
    Right click USB driver and select Uninstall.
    Reboot the computer after the uninstall process has finished.
    Step 3:

Download and install the latest drivers for the USB from the manufacturer website

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

---------
    Hello Roger,

I understand that the USB port is not working. The issue may arise if the currently loaded USB driver has become unstable or corrupt or if your PC requires an update for issues that may conflict with a USB device and Windows. This may also occur if your
    USB controllers may have become unstable or corrupt. So, I suggest you to try the following steps and check if the issue persists.

Method 1:

Remove and reinstall all USB controllers.

Open Device Manager by pressing Windows key + X and select device manager from the list. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
    In the list of hardware categories, find and expand Universal Serial Bus controllers.
    Right-click every device under the Universal Serial Bus controllers node, and then click Uninstall to remove them one at a time.
    Restart the computer, and let the USB controllers get reinstalled.
    Plug in the removable USB device, and then test to make sure that the issue is resolved.
    Method 2

The issue could be if the drivers are not updated or get corrupted. So, try to install all of the Windows updates available and if issue persists, try to update the drivers by following the steps provided in the article mentioned below.

Update drivers in Windows 10

https://support.microsoft.com/en-in...566-b983195752c1/update-drivers-in-windows-10

Method 3

If issue persists try the steps provided to uninstall the USB device from Device Manager, uninstall the device drivers from program list and then download the latest drivers from the manufacturer's website.

Step 1:

Uninstall the Device from Device Manager

Open Device Manger by clicking on Windows key + X and selecting Device manager from the list.
    Expand the USB section.
    Find the USB device.
    Right click USB and select Uninstall.
    Select the check box delete the driver software for this device.
    Reboot the computer after uninstall process has finished.
    Step 2:

Uninstall the Device Drivers from Program List in Control Panel

Click on start, select Control Panel
    Now click on Programs and select Programs and Features.
    Find the USB.
    Right click USB driver and select Uninstall.
    Reboot the computer after the uninstall process has finished.
    Step 3:

Download and install the latest drivers for the USB from the manufacturer website

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

RajendraPanchal1, Sep 28, 2020
  4. Corrupted USB

Corrupted file RAR

If the archive has been created using WinRAR, why don't you try WinRAR itself? It has a built-in repair feature for repairing corrupted archive (ZIP as well as RAR). Follow the steps given below:
    • Open WinRAR application in your system.
    • Now click on File tab > Open or simply press Ctrl+O.
    • A small window "Find Archive" will pop up. Locate the corrupt RAR archive from your system directory and select it.
    • Now click Open button.
    • Click Tools tab > Repair archive or simply press Alt+R.
    • Again a small window "Repairing File name.rar" will pop up.
    • Now click Browse to select a location to save the repaired archive.
    • Check the box "Treat the corrupt archive as RAR" and click OK.
    • WinRAR will start repairing of corrupt RAR archive. Once it gets completed click Close.
    I hope the above steps will help you repair the corrupted RAR archive.

Thanks.

Lincoln Dunne, Sep 28, 2020
Thema:

Corrupted USB

1. Corrupted USB - Similar Threads - Corrupted USB

2. How can I recover a usb partition when the usb is very very corrupted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I recover a usb partition when the usb is very very corrupted: I am using a Sandisk 8 GB USB flash drive the drive is corrupted also if I plug in the USB it hangs on my computer I can do nothing - I can not use Format, File Explorer, Settings, CMD, and much more. And just for note, i do not care about the data in the USB drive so you can...
  3. How can I recover a usb partition when the usb is very very corrupted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I recover a usb partition when the usb is very very corrupted: I am using a Sandisk 8 GB USB flash drive the drive is corrupted also if I plug in the USB it hangs on my computer I can do nothing - I can not use Format, File Explorer, Settings, CMD, and much more. And just for note, i do not care about the data in the USB drive so you can...
  4. Corrupted USB during backup. Error: The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Corrupted USB during backup. Error: The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is...: So I was backing up pictures from a phone to a USB, directly moving them not copying using android's file manager. I connected the usb directly to the phone so this didn't happen through a PC. Safe to say I regretted that.Now the USB is unreadable by every phone I tried to...
  5. Corrupted USB during backup. Error: The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Corrupted USB during backup. Error: The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is...: So I was backing up pictures from a phone to a USB, directly moving them not copying using android's file manager. I connected the usb directly to the phone so this didn't happen through a PC. Safe to say I regretted that.Now the USB is unreadable by every phone I tried to...
  6. Corrupted USB during backup. Error: The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is...

7. have corrupted w10 install, recovery usb demands install code, where is it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    have corrupted w10 install, recovery usb demands install code, where is it?: Have four w10 machines. One laptop went white screen of death. Created a usb recovery drive. wants proof of purchase code. **** where do I find it? Have the cute little proof of purchase stickers from the OLD win 7 machines, my NT original discs, my disc with original windows...
  8. have corrupted w10 install, recovery usb demands install code, where is it?

have corrupted w10 install, recovery usb demands install code, where is it?: Have four w10 machines. One laptop went white screen of death. Created a usb recovery drive. wants proof of purchase code. **** where do I find it? Have the cute little proof of purchase stickers from the OLD win 7 machines, my NT original discs, my disc with original windows...
  9. have corrupted w10 install, recovery usb demands install code, where is it?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Corrupted usb drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Corrupted usb drive: I have a usb drive that I am not able to recover any photos on. I have tried everything that I have seen online to fix it. The photos come up with different colors over them, I can see small images but when. I save or open the photo it comes up blank or with different colors...