Windows 10: Corrupted User Account?

Discus and support Corrupted User Account? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi everyone. My first post here. I know enough about Windows to be dangerous, but not enough to solve this problem. I have only one user account on... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by whocares, Jun 1, 2016.

1. whocares Win User

Corrupted User Account?

Hi everyone. My first post here. I know enough about Windows to be dangerous, but not enough to solve this problem.

I have only one user account on my laptop. Windows 10, 64 bit Asus UX305.

My Pictures folder is now in my saved games folder, and I don't know why. A while ago, my computer suffered a major crash, and I managed to get it working again with a new user account. I thought I had lost the user account Kevin, and now use Kevin2. So far, so good. Everything seems to work okay, except for the Pictures folder being in Saved Games. I think something is corrupted. Whilst typing this out, I realise that both User Accounts seem to be read by Windows.

My questions - Does this matter? How can I fix it if I need to?

I am installing Adobe Lightroom at the moment, and wonder if the wrong location might make a mess of the default settings for this or other programs.
    I found a previous thread here that dealt with folder names changing, but it doesn't seem to answer my issue. the link to that page here: Backup Disaster: Windows Changing Folder Names - Page 2 - Windows 10 Forums

%USERPROFILE% in Explorer shows the User account Kevin2, and the Saved Games and Pictures folders are separate.

Corrupted User Account? [​IMG]

echo %USERPROFILE% in a command prompt shows:

It seems as if Windows is using parts of both user accounts, Kevin and Kevin2. The User Account part of the Control Panel shows only the account for Kevin2.

Can anyone shed any light on this please? I am getting very confused.
    Thanks.

:)

whocares, Jun 1, 2016

2. Corrupt User Accounts

Hello A123,

We appreciate your time bringing this to our attention. We encourage you to submit your issue using the Feedback Hub, so we can do a further investigation on this. Submitting your feedback in Windows Feedback hub will help us gather information regarding
    your concern so we can determine what's causing the issue. Your feedback will also help collate bugs and known issues, as well as the suggestions that will help improve the Windows operating system. Using the collected data, the engineers will come up with
    an update that will improve Windows operating system.

In order to submit new feedback, please follow these steps:

• Open Feedback Hub.
    • Navigate to Feedback in the left menu, then press + Add new feedback.
    • Select the Problem, and share any details you think are relevant, and choose an appropriate category and subcategory.
    • If possible, reproduce the problem after clicking Begin monitoring (or Start capture) near the end of the form, and click Stop monitoring when you're done.
    • Click Submit.
    • Click Continue using Feedback Hub.
    • Click My feedback, then find the items you submitted.
    • Open the items you submitted, then click Share.
    • Click Copy link, then paste the link in your response.

We value your feedback.

Antoneth Ber, Jun 1, 2016
  3. A123 Win User
    Corrupt User Accounts

I observed after an In-Place upgrade of Windows 10 Pro that the pc has a corrupt Admin and Non-Admin Local account. The Admin account has installed some apps so I am not totally sure about deleting the account. I deleted and recreated the Non-Admin account
    with no good result Reverting back to the previous version of Windows 10 did not take care of the issue. After reverting back, I do not see the option for system image restore in the advanced startup screen. WSreset.exe, sfc, dism and other suggestions
    found online have not work. A In-Place upgrade does not work now because of the revert back. Any suggestions?

** Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Install, upgrade, & activate **

A123, Jun 1, 2016
  4. Corrupted User Account?

I've accidently drug folders into other folders. Sometimes I've noticed it and sometime not until later. Sometime I don't even know which folder it was dropped into but I always checks the ones close to the original location. It has to do with dragging when using a mouse.

orlbuckeye, Jun 1, 2016
Thema:

Corrupted User Account?

1. Corrupted User Account? - Similar Threads - Corrupted User Account

2. Corrupted windows user account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Corrupted windows user account: HiI wanted to restart my computer operating systemso I've chosen the restart option in settings->recovery->restart, and I've chosen the option to delete my files, because I wanted clean system.After that I could not log into my user profile account which is named "navad" -...
  3. Corrupted windows user account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Corrupted windows user account: HiI wanted to restart my computer operating systemso I've chosen the restart option in settings->recovery->restart, and I've chosen the option to delete my files, because I wanted clean system.After that I could not log into my user profile account which is named "navad" -...
  4. Corrupted windows user account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Adding New User, Account Is Corrupted

in Windows 10 Customization
    Adding New User, Account Is Corrupted: When I create a new user account, the desktop is corrupted.The start menu has a transparent background so items are unreadableSettings Home screen is OK but and option is unusable. most sections of a sub page randomly flash background colours, predominantly transparent.I have...
  6. User Account Corrupted or a Windows Account Syncing Problem?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User Account Corrupted or a Windows Account Syncing Problem?: To Whom it May Concern, My family and I consist of 3 people my wife, my daughter and I. We have a family computer that my wife is the primary user. On this computer are 3 accounts My wife uses a local account, My daughter uses a microsoft account and myself uses a...
  7. User account corrupted

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    User account corrupted: After I login to my PC the taskbar doesn't seems to contain any apps. All I could see are few icons like documents. The start menu doesn't even start. When I clicked on the start menu it says there is a critical problem with my account and tells to log out. It further says...
  8. corrupt user profile/account

in Windows 10 Customization
    corrupt user profile/account: hi there: I like to know, when I go to clear temporary files, I freed up over 300MB of files for just using PPT. That is normal. Now, checking under accounts, it states under your family, we couldn't connect to Microsoft family right now, so your family on your device might...
  9. Recovering files from corrupted User Account?

Recovering files from corrupted User Account?: I'm trying to get my in-laws laptop back up and running. It's so painfully slow to boot / load anything, and for some reason the start menu won't even pop up (Though thankfully the run command appears quite quickly with a Win+R!) Every time I log in it says it couldn't log...
  10. Issue with user account but with no corruption present.

Issue with user account but with no corruption present.: I am a technician and I sold a PC to a customer, and they took it home and were not happy with the changes from 7 => 8 And since windows 10 had come out i offered to upgrade them as we do in our store, i brought in the PC, ran our windows 10 installer as i always do then set...