Windows 10: Corrupted Windows 10 OS? Stuck on the troubleshooting screen, getting error messages with...

Discus and support Corrupted Windows 10 OS? Stuck on the troubleshooting screen, getting error messages with... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello I am having trouble booting up a Windows 10 computer. It's a Lenovo ideapad previously loaded with Windows 10. Booting the computer brings me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JohnLaPine, Jul 15, 2018.

1. Corrupted Windows 10 OS? Stuck on the troubleshooting screen, getting error messages with...

Hello

I am having trouble booting up a Windows 10 computer. It's a Lenovo ideapad previously loaded with Windows 10.

Booting the computer brings me to the Select Keyboard>Troubleshooting menu, with the options:

System Restore, which gives the error "To use system restore, you must specify which windows installation to restore. Restart this computer, select an operating system, and then select system restore"

Start-up Repair, which brings up the Lenovo splash screen, then the error "Startup repair couldn't repair your PC. Press advanced options to try other options to repair your PC, or shut down to turn off your PC." Clicking advanced options returns to the previous menu.

Go back to the Previous Version, which produced the error message "we ran into a problem and won't be able to take you back to the previous version of Windows. Try resetting your PC instead (Troubleshoot, Reset this PC)"

System Image Recovery, which produces the error message "Windows cannot find a system image on this computer. Attach the backup hard disk or insert the final DVD from a backup set and click retry. Alternatively, close this dialog for more options." Closing the dialogue and clicking next produces a screen with "select the location of the backup for the computer you want to restore," and a blank grid with no system image options listed.

UEFI Firmware settings, which opens BIOS options.

And command prompt, which opens the Command Prompt.

When I insert a USB windows 10 backup drive (formatted to Fat32), an additional option appears: Recover from a Drive. This screen has two options: Just remove my files, and Fully clean the drive. Both options result in the error message "unable to recover your PC. the system drive is too small."

The backup drive is a 64gb SanDisk cruzer dial flashdrive and the laptop should have between 0.50 and 1.00 TB of space.

I'm not sure what to do. I don't know if I can back up any of the files on the PC. I hoped the backup drive would help, but the error message about the drive being too small doesn't make sense.

:)

JohnLaPine, Jul 15, 2018

2. Getting 3 different blue screen errors multiple times a day

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest on Windows 10.

Before we proceed I would like you to answer the following question:

• could you please mention the exact error message that you are getting?
    The issue might occur due to Viruses, or something changing/deleting in Registry Files, a failure during Bootup, or a corrupt file which could be due to age of a computer or viruses or somebody tampering with files.

I suggest you to follow the step below:

Step

I suggest you to refer the article below and check if it helps:

Troubleshoot blue screen errors

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

Please get back to us with updated status, we will be happy to assist you.

Amrita Bhattacharjee, Jul 15, 2018
  3. Windows Update Error Message 0x80070543

Ya Ya Ya, there's over a hundred threads like this, ...

Anyway, started getting this error message a few days ago, and done a lot of searching on this error message, apparently it's not, uncommon.

In particular, the (currently) 4 updates that are being affected are:
    • Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3173428) - Error 0x80070543
    • Security Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3172729) - Error 0x80070543
    • Security Update for Adobe Flash Player for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3174060) - Error 0x80070543
    • Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1511 (KB3176493) - Error 0x80070543

The actions I've taken to date are:
    • Uninstalled firewall program (comodo)
    • Uninstalled anti-virus (Avast)
    • Reset the windows update catalog on local machine.

So the above errors are with the above done.

What other steps should I be taking to resolve the issue?

Below is notations for when I actually add to this thread.

• Attempted to use the troubleshooter, no dice.

cDreamDancer, Jul 15, 2018
  4. Corrupted Windows 10 OS? Stuck on the troubleshooting screen, getting error messages with...

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Jul 15, 2018
Thema:

Corrupted Windows 10 OS? Stuck on the troubleshooting screen, getting error messages with...

1. Corrupted Windows 10 OS? Stuck on the troubleshooting screen, getting error messages with... - Similar Threads - Corrupted Stuck troubleshooting

2. Got stuck on an update and corrupted OS

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Got stuck on an update and corrupted OS: I've recently updated my computer but it got stuck on an update. I googled the problem and restarting the computer. After doing it, nothing works. I've tried every method I found and non of them works. I also tried recovery from a restore point from a moth ago, the last time...
  3. Got stuck on an update and corrupted OS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Got stuck on an update and corrupted OS: I've recently updated my computer but it got stuck on an update. I googled the problem and restarting the computer. After doing it, nothing works. I've tried every method I found and non of them works. I also tried recovery from a restore point from a moth ago, the last time...
  4. Got stuck on an update and corrupted OS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 Update with a blank screen, troubleshoot stuck

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Update with a blank screen, troubleshoot stuck: This is the screen I get when I try to check for updates. It started happening a few days ago.I tried running the Windows Update troubleshoot but it's stuck at this step:This is the Windows 10 version I'm running:...
  6. Windows 10 Update with a blank screen, troubleshoot stuck

Windows 10 Update with a blank screen, troubleshoot stuck: This is the screen I get when I try to check for updates. It started happening a few days ago.I tried running the Windows Update troubleshoot but it's stuck at this step:This is the Windows 10 version I'm running:...
  7. os error message

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    os error message: i am having an issue with opening my windows app i have installed from the microsoft soft and when i try to uninstall said app i get this OS error message 0x80073d23 and i have found nothing to help resolve my issue. many thanks leon...
  8. Windows 10 Troubleshoot/Reset Error Message

Windows 10 Troubleshoot/Reset Error Message: [ATTACH]My daughter’s laptop has the attached error message showing. She can’t get the error to go away, and is afraid to do the troubleshooting option because she doesn’t want to lose her files and programs. Everything I have looked at says that she can reset it and choose...
  9. keeps getting error message windows 10 system is corrupted.

keeps getting error message windows 10 system is corrupted.: keeps getting error message windows 10 system is corrupted, it sounds an alarm and I closed the message. I have reinstalled windows 10 two times and still get the message. Checked updates and all updates are installed....
  10. Windows Update troubleshooting error messages

Windows Update troubleshooting error messages: Ran the Troubleshooter for Windows Upgrade. Got Issue Found: Potential Windows Update Database error detected - - Not Fixed Then it reported: Repair Windows Update Database Corruption . . . . Completed. One troubleshooting step to resolve WU issues is to delete and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. corrupt os message

2. windows 10 stuck on troubleshooting screen