Windows 10: Corrupted Windows 7 unable to upgrade to Windows 10

Discus and support Corrupted Windows 7 unable to upgrade to Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; It's 3 AM as of posting this and I am asking this question because I can't stop thinking about it. My Windows 7 has been corrupted so much that I am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Neptali_A_V, Oct 21, 2020.

1. Corrupted Windows 7 unable to upgrade to Windows 10

It's 3 AM as of posting this and I am asking this question because I can't stop thinking about it.

My Windows 7 has been corrupted so much that I am unable to install basic applications and games and even AMD drivers to make my PC perform better.

My theory is that installing Linux will remove all of my Windows 7 corrupted files and make room for a fresh install of Windows 10.

I have a prebuilt low-end PC that I've been using since early 2016.

AMD A8-7600 no graphics card 1866 mhz 8gb single stick ram and on still running on a 1tb hdd.

I'm thinking that if Linux isn't Windows and probably isn't Microsoft resource dependent. I could just go install Linux. Remove all of the remaining Windows residue left on my computer and go back and install Windows 10 and solve every error on my really old pc.

The problem is that I don't know how to execute this properly, or know if this will even work.

This is just me guessing. I'm not a software engineer.

Edit: I'm thinking that Linux wouldn't even be able to install on my pc.

:)

Neptali_A_V, Oct 21, 2020
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Oct 21, 2020
  3. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Oct 21, 2020
  4. Mussels Win User

Corrupted Windows 7 unable to upgrade to Windows 10

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Oct 21, 2020
Thema:

Corrupted Windows 7 unable to upgrade to Windows 10

1. Corrupted Windows 7 unable to upgrade to Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Corrupted unable upgrade

2. Corrupted Windows 7 to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Corrupted Windows 7 to Windows 10: My father's PC had a copy of Windows 7 installed, this version somehow got corrupted and now the PC won't boot from the drives at all, so now I want te reinstall Windows and update it to Windows 10. Will this remove the files on the PC like photo's and stuff? Kind regards,...
  3. Unable to upgrade Windows 7 to Windows 10

Unable to upgrade Windows 7 to Windows 10: I am trying to use the Media Creation Tool to upgrade my Windows 7 PC to Windows 10. But, when I click onupgrade this PC now, itjust turns off. How can I fix this problem?...
  4. Unable to upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 due to the error

Unable to upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 due to the error: I was trying to upgrade my system but got Error: 0x8007001F-0x20006 the installation failed in the safe_os phase with an error during replicate oc operation. How to sort it out?...
  5. Unable to upgrade Windows 7 to Windows 10

Unable to upgrade Windows 7 to Windows 10: I cannot update windows 7 to windows 10, error windows update -c1900101 and windows update -dt000 ***Original Title: I cannot update windows 7 to windows 10,***...
  6. Unable to upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7

Unable to upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7: Using MediaCreationTool 1909 x64, I have been unable to successfully upgrade my Windows 7 Ultimate computer to Windows 10. It goes through the process, acts like it going to reboot and then says "Windows upgrade has failed." I thought my issue was with Microsoft update and...
  7. Unable to upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7

Unable to upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7: Hello, I'm trying to in-place upgrade my HP EliteDesk 800 G1 using the W10 Upgrade Assistance (currently on Windows 7 SP1). During several attempts, I'm stuck with a different errors, now 0xc1900107. Any advice on how to proceed? Thank you! 144077
  8. Unable to upgrade Windows 7 to Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to upgrade Windows 7 to Windows 10: I want to upgrade Windows 7 to Windows 10 but installation crashed with the error code 0xC1900101-0x30018 during SYSPREP. I updated drivers and solved this issue. But then I received 0x8007001F-0x3000D error during MIGRATE_DATA. How can I upgrade my system?...
  9. Upgrading to Windows 10 from Windows 7 with corrupted OS files

Upgrading to Windows 10 from Windows 7 with corrupted OS files: Hi all! I'm new here so please forgive me if I've posted in the wrong location! My current OS is Windows 7. I've recently encountered some slowness and other symptoms of corrupted OS files. After running sfc, there are indeed many corrupted files (running sfc 10 times...
  10. Windows 10 Upgrade for corrupt Windows 7

Windows 10 Upgrade for corrupt Windows 7: I have an HP desktop I believe the hard drive is failing. It will not boot, I get all kinds of startup errors. I tried a bunch of things (chk dsk let it run forever etc) to fix that no success. I was able to backup the drive. Windows 10 had been downloaded but not...