Windows 10: Corrupted Windows Apps Icons

Discus and support Corrupted Windows Apps Icons in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I recently noticed that all the Windows apps I have, mainly the ones coming from Windows Store, have corrupted icons. This problem occurs only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Skulcar, Feb 10, 2021.

1. Skulcar Win User

Corrupted Windows Apps Icons

Hi,

I recently noticed that all the Windows apps I have, mainly the ones coming from Windows Store, have corrupted icons.

This problem occurs only when I use search system, though. Outside of that, everything is fine.

Also, as you can see from the screen, I have the same problem with "Settings".

Corrupted Windows Apps Icons 5ae47430-e9a7-4ef7-ae0b-2fd84424f2cf?upload=true.png

Corrupted Windows Apps Icons 6213b4b1-1ccd-4b0f-b5d7-28f789fa46f0?upload=true.png

So far I tried to:

- use Troubleshooting. Didn't fix the problem

- use a software to clean the registry. Didn't fix the problem
    - rebuild the icon cache, clearing %localappdata%\Microsoft\Windows\Explorer. Didn't fix the problem
    - uninstall and reinstall, repair and reset an app let's say Microsoft News. Didn't fix the problem

- run a full disk clean-up. Didn't fix the problem

Any idea?
    Thanks!

:)

Skulcar, Feb 10, 2021

2. corrupted icons

Hi,

If you choose to reset your PC, then yes, as performing a reset will remove any apps or programs that you have installed before. However, we suggest holding off the reset as of yet. We suggest that you
    Run the troubleshooter for Windows Apps to help us further isolate this problem.

By the way, we'd like to verify the following information:

• Are the corrupted icons appear only in the start menu?
    • Are the apps still working although the icons appear as corrupted?

Also, please run a full PC scan using Windows Defender. Please see the links below:

Let us know the result so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Feb 10, 2021
  3. UWP app icons in Windows 10 build 14316 are corrupt

Pic: Screenshot - e3291153f0df01ad3d2174770a3e7379 - Gyazo

As you can see, the Win32 app icons are completely fine, but all of the UWP app icons are corrupted. They almost appear as if they're running in some sort of safe mode.

Any suggestions?

sadisticpotato, Feb 10, 2021
  4. Corrupted Windows Apps Icons

Windows vista x64 computer icon always changing

what icons are you referring to?
    In the Windows Explorer list or desktop?

twicksisted, Feb 10, 2021
Thema:

Corrupted Windows Apps Icons

1. Corrupted Windows Apps Icons - Similar Threads - Corrupted Apps Icons

2. corruption in the icons

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    corruption in the icons: hii tryed to fix it with commands in cmd but nothingwindows 10 22h2notice:it's only in anything like .zip/.rar etc.... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/corruption-in-the-icons/b758911c-a385-4eb1-beb7-5d9e25a1b5e3
  3. corruption in the icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    corruption in the icons: hii tryed to fix it with commands in cmd but nothingwindows 10 22h2notice:it's only in anything like .zip/.rar etc.... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/corruption-in-the-icons/b758911c-a385-4eb1-beb7-5d9e25a1b5e3
  4. corruption in the icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Corrupted Windows Apps

Corrupted Windows Apps: I recently upgraded my Apps Disk D: on my PC. I cloned the disk from the original and replaced it. After rebooting Windows, all is well apart from all the Windows Store apps that were on the D: drive no longer work. The D:\WindowsApps folder has copied over, and all the...
  6. App icon corrupted on Start Menu in search

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    App icon corrupted on Start Menu in search: When I try to sarch some apps Whatsapp, Office suite, Sistem programs as Settings, Memo..., icons are corrupted. This happens only in start menu, but if I pin the apps on the task bar or when I open this app, icons show up. I've tried to restore icon cache, but nothing...
  7. corrupt icons

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    corrupt icons: I have some legacy programs in a folder off the root whose icons have have become 'default' (a white rectangle). If I rename this folder, the icons magically reappear correctly. Rebuilding the icon cache does not fix the problem! There are more than just five executable...
  8. UWP app icons in Windows 10 build 14316 are corrupt

UWP app icons in Windows 10 build 14316 are corrupt: Pic: Screenshot - e3291153f0df01ad3d2174770a3e7379 - Gyazo As you can see, the Win32 app icons are completely fine, but all of the UWP app icons are corrupted. They almost appear as if they're running in some sort of safe mode. Any suggestions? 47775
  9. Corrupted Windows Apps

Corrupted Windows Apps: Hello techies, I recently upgraded my windows 10 to the November update (version 1511, build 10586). Problem is most of the windows apps no longer work: Windows app thumbnails do not show on the start menu The apps themselves do not open. Have tried re-registering...
  10. Icon corruption

in Windows 10 Support
    Icon corruption: Hi, I have a friend who recently upgraded from W8.1 to W10 on an HP laptop. There's been a few glitches since the upgrade; one of which is some icon corruption. Some image files on the desktop that seemed to be fixed by copying and pasting the files and deleting the...