Windows 10: Corrupted Windows Apps

Discus and support Corrupted Windows Apps in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello techies, I recently upgraded my windows 10 to the November update (version 1511, build 10586). Problem is most of the windows apps no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Phil, Nov 30, 2015.

1. Phil Win User

Corrupted Windows Apps

Hello techies,

I recently upgraded my windows 10 to the November update (version 1511, build 10586).

Problem is most of the windows apps no longer work:
    • Windows app thumbnails do not show on the start menu
    • The apps themselves do not open.
    Have tried re-registering all apps through powershell with the "GetAppPackge...." thing, am sure you might have come across such in some forums.
    Here's a screenshot.

Corrupted Windows Apps [​IMG]

apps not working begin with something like @{Microsoft.Windows....}
    ANYWAY - the issues is pretty annoying and I just don't know how to fix this.

Anyone with a sure fix?

Please...

:)

2. Corrupted Apps

I believe I need to restore my computer but It originally had windows vista that was updated to windows 7, then I did the free upgrade to windows 10, then the computer starting having alot of problems witch turned out to be some of the ram went bad so
    I replaced the ram and it starting running great but now some of the windows 10 apps I believe are corrupted, windows mail, calculator and maps starts to load then just disappears not doing anything. In order to reinstall windows 10 again it wants to delete
    all of windows 7 files. All I would like to know is if I did a clean Install of Vista and then took it to 7 would I would be able to get the windows 10 download option again to install it.

WilliamRVaughn, Nov 30, 2015
  3. Corrupted Apps

Hi William,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your pain without the apps, I will certainly assist you to resolve the issues.

You need not clean install Vista, instead you can straightaway clean install Windows 10.

Refer the following article to reinstall Windows 10 using ISO files.

How to: Create a bootable ISO file from your Windows 10 Download for reinstallation

I suggest you to try the following troubleshooting steps and check if that helps in fixing the apps issues.

Method1: Run App trouble shooters and check if that helps.

Follow this link: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Method 2: If the issues still persists, I suggest you to follow these steps and check if that helps.

1. Open the Task manager. Here’s a tip: Press CTRL+Shift+ESC.

2. Click File > Run New Task

3. Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges.”

4. Type CMD.

5. Type the following 4 commands at the CMD prompt:

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannow

powershell

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

6. Close the CMD window.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Sudharshan M K, Nov 30, 2015
  4. Corrupted Windows Apps

Hi,
    Welcome to the forum

I had the same with some apps after upgrading, for me I went to the store and found the apps, they looked like they where not installed, I clicked the install button in the store and it came up as installing which fixed it (didn't download them again)

If they are not in the store (built in ones), hopefully someone else has more info for you

paulsalter, Nov 30, 2015
  5. Phil Win User
    Problem is the AppStore itself is not working....

6. davidhk Win User
    Troubleshooting suggestions :
    Right click at Start button > click Command Prompt (Admin) > at the flashing prompt, copy/paste this.......
    sfc /scannow

> press Enter.
    It will take quite sometime.
    When finished, it will give you one of the 3 reports...............(paraphrasing)
    1. No integrity violation.
    2. Found corrupt files and repair successful.
    3. Found corrupt files but unable to repair.

If the report is #1, your solution lies elsewhere.
    If the report is #2, check if your problems have been resolved.
    If the report is #3, use this method................
    In the same Command Prompt (Admin) windows, copy and paste this command...........

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

> press Enter.
    Again it will take some time.
    When finished, it will give you a report.

davidhk, Nov 30, 2015
  7. Alternatively the Windows 'Refresh' option is quite painless (although make a backup anyway).

markweatherill, Nov 30, 2015
  8. davidhk Win User

Corrupted Windows Apps

Sorry, there is no Refresh option in Windows 10 anymore. Not in desktops and laptops. Maybe in Tablets which I don't have.
    Just Reset option.

davidhk, Nov 30, 2015
  9. Sorry, it was 'Reset this PC' that I meant.

markweatherill, Nov 30, 2015
  10. davidhk Win User
    Reset would be one of the last options, in my opinion.
    Reset is essentially a reinstall of Windows 10 keeping only personal files, not something everyone is looking forward to.

davidhk, Nov 30, 2015
  11. OldMike65 Win User
    Read this tutorial then,
    Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade

OldMike65, Nov 30, 2015
  12. davidhk Win User
    Thank you.
    I am well aware of the in-place upgrade/repair install option which I had done personally and advised to others many times.
    The point I tried to make is ........
    those options ( Reset or In-place upgrade ) are not something everyone is looking forward to.

Let's concentrate on helping the OP and not turn this into a discussion session.

davidhk, Nov 30, 2015
  13. OldMike65 Win User

Corrupted Windows Apps

This method does NOT remove any programs or personal files, just replaces the OS, which if the user can't repair his existing OS this method should repair their OS.

OldMike65, Nov 30, 2015
  14. davidhk Win User
    I am not referring to programs and personal files being removed.
    I am saying reinstall, be it Reset or in-place upgrade, is not something everyone is looking forward to.
    I also said "Reset would be one of the last options, in my opinion." I have not rejected anything, certainly not in-place upgrade. Did I ?

Can we stop this discussion now ?

davidhk, Nov 30, 2015
  15. OldMike65 Win User
    EVERYONE can have a different opinion, I see no reason for your hostility at all sir!

OldMike65, Nov 30, 2015
Thema:

Corrupted Windows Apps

1. Corrupted Windows Apps - Similar Threads - Corrupted Apps

2. Can i get rid of corrupted apps without a full reset?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can i get rid of corrupted apps without a full reset?: I have a problem, my ssd has some files in it that got corrupted while uninstalling and now they are just taking up space, for example apperantly I have warzone and Escape from tarkov still in the disc but when I try to unistall them it says that it cannot complete the action...
  3. Can i get rid of corrupted apps without a full reset?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can i get rid of corrupted apps without a full reset?: I have a problem, my ssd has some files in it that got corrupted while uninstalling and now they are just taking up space, for example apperantly I have warzone and Escape from tarkov still in the disc but when I try to unistall them it says that it cannot complete the action...
  4. Can i get rid of corrupted apps without a full reset?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. System file corruption , apps failing to open, control panel blank

System file corruption , apps failing to open, control panel blank: Hello! I have a major problem on my laptop:I recently downloaded this newest win10 update, October 10, 2023—KB5031356 OS Builds 19044.3570 and 19045.3570And thats when the problems began, I restarted my laptop, I tried opening Edge but this showed: msedge.exe - System...
  6. System file corruption , apps failing to open, control panel blank

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System file corruption , apps failing to open, control panel blank: Hello! I have a major problem on my laptop:I recently downloaded this newest win10 update, October 10, 2023—KB5031356 OS Builds 19044.3570 and 19045.3570And thats when the problems began, I restarted my laptop, I tried opening Edge but this showed: msedge.exe - System...
  7. System file corruption , apps failing to open, control panel blank

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. the configuration data for this app is corrupt. contact the app vendor for help. 0x8007064a

in Windows 10 Gaming
    the configuration data for this app is corrupt. contact the app vendor for help. 0x8007064a: How to fic The configuration data for this app is corrupt. contact the app vendor for help. 0x8007064a.While installing sentinel software manually software is installing, but while installing through WINapp32 iam getting above error....
  9. the configuration data for this app is corrupt. contact the app vendor for help. 0x8007064a

the configuration data for this app is corrupt. contact the app vendor for help. 0x8007064a: How to fic The configuration data for this app is corrupt. contact the app vendor for help. 0x8007064a.While installing sentinel software manually software is installing, but while installing through WINapp32 iam getting above error....
  10. the configuration data for this app is corrupt. contact the app vendor for help. 0x8007064a

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade