Windows 10: Corrupted Windows Conundrum

Discus and support Corrupted Windows Conundrum in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; This is a rather odd and specific question for an odd and specific problem, it is a rather long story so I will attempt to summarize. I recently... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SabrinaHLee, Apr 19, 2021.

1. Corrupted Windows Conundrum

This is a rather odd and specific question for an odd and specific problem, it is a rather long story so I will attempt to summarize.

I recently purchased a new computer with a fresh install of windows, however, seemingly immediately after I ran into a set of issues, after a few months of chasing the source of a random practically untraceable bsod's. I experienced another that finally explained the source of them but at the cost of my computers functionality. My computer was stuck in an endless cycle of trying to resolve an issue preventing windows from booting properly or even letting me get to desktop at all, it was corrupted. And anything and everything I have attempted has met with failure to fix the issue. Below a list of things I have tried:

Booting into windows under safe mode with networking

Using sfc /scannow in cmd i was met with an error

An attempts to resolve that i tried dism, another error which i couldn't fix because I can't get to desktop and change the registry key to fix error 50

Using a restore point

Resetting windows it worked fine up until "preparing" at which point it got stuck in a loop of going from preparing to undoing changes until eventually giving up undoing changes one more time and sending me back to the blue screen.

Taking the ssd and the secondary hard drive out just for good measure and reseating them

So, after all that and none of the options I have available to me work, I retrieved the old hard drive from my old pc which I knew had a functioning version of windows, plugged it in with an external drive and changed the bios boot priority to run that version first, which finally let me boot to my old desktop.

So, my question is. Is there any way I can fix the corrupted windows os on my primary hard drive from the external drives desktop, or any other means thereof, without breaking something or altering any of my drives data too severely? I don't want to use the external drive because it's very slow compared to the new one and I am just so tired of this 3? Month long whack-a-mole of bug researching and fixing only to be met with failure and frustration, any help would be massively appreciated.

P.s. sfc /verifyonly worked perfectly and did confirm that there are corrupted files on windows within the primary hard drive

:)

SabrinaHLee, Apr 19, 2021
  2. Bigjohn Win User

Conundrum...

Yes, I used a big word.
    But that's not the conundrum.

I can get 2x NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 Graphics Card
    for the same price as a good 560TI.

What would you do/suggest?
    Will be running on an AMD 990 board with a phenom II x6 and 16gb of DDR3x1600

Bigjohn, Apr 19, 2021
  3. zbook Win User
    Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Apr 19, 2021
  4. Corrupted Windows Conundrum

Corrupted file RAR

If the archive has been created using WinRAR, why don't you try WinRAR itself? It has a built-in repair feature for repairing corrupted archive (ZIP as well as RAR). Follow the steps given below:
    • Open WinRAR application in your system.
    • Now click on File tab > Open or simply press Ctrl+O.
    • A small window "Find Archive" will pop up. Locate the corrupt RAR archive from your system directory and select it.
    • Now click Open button.
    • Click Tools tab > Repair archive or simply press Alt+R.
    • Again a small window "Repairing File name.rar" will pop up.
    • Now click Browse to select a location to save the repaired archive.
    • Check the box "Treat the corrupt archive as RAR" and click OK.
    • WinRAR will start repairing of corrupt RAR archive. Once it gets completed click Close.
    I hope the above steps will help you repair the corrupted RAR archive.

Thanks.

Lincoln Dunne, Apr 19, 2021
Thema:

Corrupted Windows Conundrum

1. Corrupted Windows Conundrum - Similar Threads - Corrupted Conundrum

2. sfsync02.sys file corrupted

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    sfsync02.sys file corrupted: I started having Windows Automatic Repair run during start up and but no problem found. It tells me to restart but the same happens all the time.Through the cmd i read the log file created by Automatic System Repair and found that c:\windows\system32\drivers\sfsync02.sys is...
  3. autorun.dll could not be loaded or is corrupt setup cannot continue error code is 0xc1

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    autorun.dll could not be loaded or is corrupt setup cannot continue error code is 0xc1: plz help when i try to set up the window 8.1 because i want to downgrade my window 10 to window 8.1 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/autorundll-could-not-be-loaded-or-is-corrupt-setup/24ace6b2-c42c-452a-b1b5-2bdbb0173f0d
  4. I think my Windows 10 is corrupted beyond repair.

I think my Windows 10 is corrupted beyond repair.: For the past few weeks I have been trying everything I can in order to repair my copy of Windows 10 Pro, but nothing seems to be working.Windows Firewall refuses to boot up, Windows Defender refuses to boot up and my computer is now slowing down a lot even though my computer...
  5. Corrupted Files

Corrupted Files: Hello my pc has corrupted files since a month ago but it didn't have any glaring problems so kept using it. dism was not working and sfc scannow, everything was working normally windows store ok updates ok all programs ran. With the lastest updates and especially yesterday...
  6. NTFS Corruption

NTFS Corruption: Hello people I need help with my computer. There is 6 corrupted files on my computer and I really don't know what else I can do. I have tried everything. all the things that are broken areWindows UpdateSFC /Scannow won't workDism command won't workFresh Starting Windows 10...
  7. PFN List Corrupt BSOD

PFN List Corrupt BSOD: Hello,I have a very frustrating issue--every time I reboot or shut down, windows throws a BSOD with a description of "PFN LIST CORRUPT." Windows is up to date; I have run SFC/SCANNOW with no problems found. antivirus is corporate-enforced so I can't do anything with that,...
  8. Graphics corrupted in UWP apps, but not traditional apps in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Graphics corrupted in UWP apps, but not traditional apps in Windows 10: I'm having an issue where text and graphics are corrupted in Windows 10 apps such as Settings, Microsoft Store, etc. (ie, UWP apps), but not in traditional Windows programs. This is on an Intel Q33 Express graphics chipset (WDDM 1.0 driver - v. 8.15.10.2697). This is on a HP...
  9. the local user database handle is corrupt

in Windows 10 Customization
    the local user database handle is corrupt: How can I solve this on my MS Windows 10 - DELL Laptop. All I have wanted to do was to test a VPN Connection and this laptop had to be the server for PPTP and there I have found that the users are not displayed and this message was appeared "An internal error has occurred:...
  10. how to recover corrupt file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to recover corrupt file: how to recover corrupt file https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-recover-corrupt-file/55f33777-c6f1-4516-815c-560211f847d2